Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

Spoiler:
    Arizona just passed a law that allows everyone to carry concealed. For years, AZ has had an open carry law that allows everyone to carry as long as it's not concealed. But then, we live in the wild, wild, West. I knew about DC's laws, but I'm still trying to figure out the areas around DC. And it's moot now, anyway, I've figured out my problem.

Having said that, I think that they wouldn't feel comfortable unless they were armed. And there has to be some kind of federal thing that allows certain people to carry at all times. I'm thinking Federal Marshals or some other dispensation.

I just can't imagine these people being unready for any occasion.

And, oh yeah--they each other!
    Spoiler:
    Here in Texas you need a concealed gun license but everybody carries guns anyway

sigpic
    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Spoiler:
      Arizona just passed a law that allows everyone to carry concealed. For years, AZ has had an open carry law that allows everyone to carry as long as it's not concealed. But then, we live in the wild, wild, West. I knew about DC's laws, but I'm still trying to figure out the areas around DC. And it's moot now, anyway, I've figured out my problem.

Having said that, I think that they wouldn't feel comfortable unless they were armed. And there has to be some kind of federal thing that allows certain people to carry at all times. I'm thinking Federal Marshals or some other dispensation.
      Totally OT now:
      Spoiler:
      According to John again (like I said, he *knows* this stuff), Federal law enforcement agents can conceal carry anywhere in all 50 states. Arizona isn't the only place non-concealed carry is legal. It's actually legal everywhere in the US - that is, specifically, to carry a legal licensed fire arm out in the open as long as it's not hidden in any way. The catch is they can arrest you for disorderly conduct if someone complains (and as I said before question you).

You do get really strange looks if you walk into a gas station carrying an M16 with a 9mm at your waist. Even in uniform. Trust me. I know.

Comment

Here in Texas you need a concealed gun license but everybody carries guns anyway
        Spoiler:
        Lots of people that I know carry. And I wish my husband started earlier. Eighteen months ago, we were in a parking lot three days before Christmas when a guy robbed the store across the street and was shot by the store owner (after he shot the owner). There I was, huge pregnant, with four kids, and we'd just had dinner and were jolly (Christmas, you know) and this guy was wandering around the parking lot carrying a loaded gun and bleeding profusely. Suffice it to say we were completely unarmed. Had he started shooting, we would have had no cover, and no defense. We got out as fast as possible, but the guy managed to car-jack another person and take off. He eventually bled to death on the freeway. I've never felt so defenseless in all my life. The thing about gun laws is that criminals don't obey any laws, so it only punishes the obedient people. And there's my two cents.

And again, so together!
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Spoiler:
          Lots of people that I know carry. And I wish my husband started earlier. Eighteen months ago, we were in a parking lot three days before Christmas when a guy robbed the store across the street and was shot by the store owner (after he shot the owner). There I was, huge pregnant, with four kids, and we'd just had dinner and were jolly (Christmas, you know) and this guy was wandering around the parking lot carrying a loaded gun and bleeding profusely. Suffice it to say we were completely unarmed. Had he started shooting, we would have had no cover, and no defense. We got out as fast as possible, but the guy managed to car-jack another person and take off. He eventually bled to death on the freeway. I've never felt so defenseless in all my life. The thing about gun laws is that criminals don't obey any laws, so it only punishes the obedient people. And there's my two cents.

And again, so together!

Wow that is scary!

sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            Sam carrying a gun... :: giggles :: Oh wait... you guys are talking about an ACTUAL gun...

super gutter
            Spoiler:
            I was thinking that Jack would let her carry his gun. I mean now that she's with him she doesn't need one of her own...
            I love it when you think the same as I do...
            Sam would love Jack's gun.

on the movie spoiler: interesting.

Vss *pokes* It's good to see you again *thinks for a moment and squishy huggles her* New fic from you soon...on the horizon...*bats eyelashes*
            Spoiler:
            can't wait to see you use the squee
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
              I love it when you think the same as I do...
              Sam would love Jack's gun.

on the movie spoiler: interesting.

Vss *pokes* It's good to see you again *thinks for a moment and squishy huggles her* New fic from you soon...on the horizon...*bats eyelashes*
              Spoiler:
              if your talking about the same movie spoiler that i have seen today then its not interesting its fantastic news.
              sigpic
              The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

*Popping in for something inconsequential*

Blog updated.

I really am working on the next Campfire. It's set against 100 Days, thus you know my dilemma. I've made it work, but it's rather angsty and that's really hard to write. Add to that
                Spoiler:
                doctoral workload and teaching load, and prep for the summer teaching load. And editing the book. I'm a bit...overcommitted. {grin}.

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Here I am again late to the party - so hope the movie news that everyone is spoilering is real in that there's going to be one

And interesting to read the gun discussion, I live in England so find it difficult to imagine one and all carrying a gun, but I think Sam would because of her history. Son desperately wants a P90 - can't imagine why........, maybe I can buy a poster
                  Last edited by Fluffy17; 28 April 2010, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Son desperately wants a P90 - can't imagine why........, maybe I can buy a poster
                    I can totally imagine why. It's loud and makes things go "boom". What's not to like?

And again I'm reminded of "Allegiance" when O'Neill picks up that big 50 cal and starts shooting in a large circle, trying to get the invisible assassin. The "tingling" I felt had nothing to do with Sam's machine--that's for sure!
                    sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      *Popping in for something inconsequential*

Blog updated.

I really am working on the next Campfire. It's set against 100 Days, thus you know my dilemma. I've made it work, but it's rather angsty and that's really hard to write. Add to that
                      Spoiler:
                      doctoral workload and teaching load, and prep for the summer teaching load. And editing the book. I'm a bit...overcommitted. {grin}.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...Grace_Kiss.gif
                      Holy crap, Pol!! You've got a heck of a lot on your plate!!

BTW, thanks for posting *the* kiss again!! That gif never gets old... *happy sigh and stares*...... actually, it beats the heck outta the scene from the ep!

Comment

Holy crap, Pol!! You've got a heck of a lot on your plate!!

BTW, thanks for posting *the* kiss again!! That gif never gets old... *happy sigh and stares*...... actually, it beats the heck outta the scene from the ep!
                        I second all of this--and I'm sitting here trying to decide if I like it in slo-mo or full speed better. Hmmmm. Maybe someone needs to post the slo-mo so that I can compare side-by-side. . .
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

I second all of this--and I'm sitting here trying to decide if I like it in slo-mo or full speed better. Hmmmm. Maybe someone needs to post the slo-mo so that I can compare side-by-side. . .
                          I'd like to watch it so it takes up all of the screen, maybe split screen so we can compare, or as a repeating screen saver, oh why couldn't have been for real, then faded out and just left the rest to our imaginations

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Hi, Jann. Nothing in the works right now, sorry to say. Maybe if this movie gets off the ground.... but thanks for asking.

And again I'm reminded of "Allegiance" when O'Neill picks up that big 50 cal and starts shooting in a large circle, trying to get the invisible assassin. The "tingling" I felt had nothing to do with Sam's machine--that's for sure!
                            Um, yeah, I think that scene is in my top ten for the entire series- maybe even #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                              I'd like to watch it so it takes up all of the screen, maybe split screen so we can compare, or as a repeating screen saver, oh why couldn't have been for real, then faded out and just left the rest to our imaginations
                              Mhmmmmm...... Comparison sounds good! Of course, we'd have to watch it many times over to makes sure we had reached a proper, scientific conclusion. Properly gauging reaction and all that...

Comment

Mhmmmmm...... Comparison sounds good! Of course, we'd have to watch it many times over to makes sure we had reached a proper, scientific conclusion. Properly gauging reaction and all that...
                                can you just imagine a scientific poll like they do on those town hall meetings on TV where everyone has a remote device and they turn the dial according to how they are feeling?

Spoilered because it's a little--well--you'll see:

Spoiler:
                                As it starts, it's a basic 3 or 4, and then they change positions and it shoots up to 9 or 10 for a while. . .then she pulls back and it ends on a solid 7.

I can just imagine the graph, and some geeky scientist with a white lab coat and a pointer saying, "As you can see, the enjoyment numbers are directionally proportional to lingering lip action and slant of face. So in conclusion, all future television kisses should include at least one change in head positioning, kissers whose own lips are at least one and one quarter inches apart, and two point three seconds of lengual interaction for full viewer enjoyment."
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X