Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Well, not to be a spoilsport or anything like that, but I'd maybe hyperventilate or even faint (or something similar), but I don't think I'd go so far as to die because of the news. I mean, what would the fun in that be???
    LMAO good point.
    sigpic
    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Well, not to be a spoilsport or anything like that, but I'd maybe hyperventilate or even faint (or something similar), but I don't think I'd go so far as to die because of the news. I mean, what would the fun in that be???
      REVIVING, to enjoy the wonderfulness of it all!

~mom knows cpr, thankfully... hopefully....~
      sally

sigpic

Comment

All this talk of death makes me think of... super gutter warning...

(though the fact that I mention death makes you all wonder no?)

Spoiler:
        le petit mort *cough cough* and you know fishing... oh, drabble just entered my head...

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          REVIVING, to enjoy the wonderfulness of it all!

~mom knows cpr, thankfully... hopefully....~
          OMG everyone makes good points! *dies from not being able to choose which person to agree with*
          sigpic
          My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
            All this talk of death makes me think of... super gutter warning...

(though the fact that I mention death makes you all wonder no?)

Spoiler:
            le petit mort *cough cough* and you know fishing... oh, drabble just entered my head...
            you made me go look up what that french saying meant!

gutter warning ahead...

Spoiler:
            La petite mort, French for "the little death", is a metaphor for orgasm. More widely, it can refer to the spiritual release that comes with orgasm...

yes, that's what it said, not 'me'.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
              Random thought....

Ever noticed that in all the alternate realities or universes where Sam and Jack are together she has long hair.... and since they've been together she's grown her hair long....

(I know the hair thing is a militray thing, but still, I'm dreaming here...)
              Why is everyone suddenly looking at me?

Oh. Yeah. Jenn's 'Sam's hair theory'.

You see, waaaay back in S9 I postulated this very thing - that the length of Sam's hair was directly proportional to how close she was to Jack O'Neill personally. If you recall, she started letting it grow a bit longer and less controlled starting in S9. Of course, I had several very rational (in Jenn!world) reasons why this was, mostly stemming from the fact that I think Sam - left to herself - likes having long hair and that her wearing it short 'for the Air Force' (even though the regs are only she had to keep it up) was symptomatic of her trying to conform herself into the perfect Air Force officer instead of being true to herself and who she is. So, it's not obviously that 'being with Jack' means Sam had her hair long (or vice versa) but rather than both having longer hair *and* being with Jack are a result of Sam's coming to accept and appreciate herself for the woman and person she is rather than trying to fit into anyone else's mold.

(that was short. Many of you are very happy it was, aren't you? )

EDIt: To be clear, I don't actually care what the real world reasons are. Those don't interest me at all

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

You see, waaaay back in S9 I postulated this very thing - that the length of Sam's hair was directly proportional to how close she was to Jack O'Neill personally. If you recall, she started letting it grow a bit longer and less controlled starting in S9. Of course, I had several very rational (in Jenn!world) reasons why this was, mostly stemming from the fact that I think Sam - left to herself - likes having long hair and that her wearing it short 'for the Air Force' (even though the regs are only she had to keep it up) was symptomatic of her trying to conform herself into the perfect Air Force officer instead of being true to herself and who she is. So, it's not obviously that 'being with Jack' means Sam had her hair long (or vice versa) but rather than both having longer hair *and* being with Jack are a result of Sam's coming to accept and appreciate herself for the woman and person she is rather than trying to fit into anyone else's mold.

Haha OMG the 'directly proportional' part soundes like something Sam would say!!
                Lol I agree.
                sigpic
                My tumblr

Comment

Nynaeve's Fanfiction - I wrote a drabble from my little gutter spoiler. Rated M - first fic in the list!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    how many of us would DIE if we found out sam and jack were actually married?!?

*raises hand* ME, ME!!
                    Not me. I know they're already married!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      Nynaeve's Fanfiction - I wrote a drabble from my little gutter spoiler. Rated M - first fic in the list!
                      Awesome! I'm gonna read it.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      Haha! XD If YOU know they're married, may we have proof? (if you have any. lmao )
                      sigpic
                      My tumblr

Comment

Just my own personal canon. I'm good at ignoring what has or hasn't been shown us. *looks down at smilies in sig* Yep! That's what I remember!
                        sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I would like to apologize OT -

Spoiler:
                          I recently cross posted a comment that I would like to apologize for. I misinterpreted the comment from another thread and posted it in here. I didn't think about the resulting For/Against OT that would have been created from posting it and have come to realize my mistake. Thank you to those who PM'd me about it. I appreciate your comments. My apologies for posting it and I hope it didn't cause too much trouble for my fellow GW members.

I hope this is okay to post.
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
                            Great vid Xfchemist, I was actually sniffing at the end.

If I could change something it would be at the end of Grace, when Sam says "Jack" and he replys with "Excuse me?" and that tone making her say sorry. Grr why couldn't have he at least said "Sam" or "I missed you", and just the briefest of touches, not much, just enough to fuel the shipper fires.

And SGU, well I'll keep on watching but it's odd, but I'm also shipping my way through season 4 of SGA to keep my spirits up
                            I understand the change in the episode, but for me it would have to change what Sam heard in Jack's voice. I am probably the only one that doesn't hear a reprimand in his tone.

Jenn, I agree with your comments, but I believe they stemmed from Sam's misinterpretation of his "Excuse Me?" not from the way he said it. Does that make sense?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            I agree. As angsty as the "excuse me" was and in a way understandable since Jack and also Sam before that moment wanted to keep a distrance and thus also first names were a way for them to keep that distance IMHO but it felt misplaced in a way.

I think just a smile and saying nothing would have been better ...or just a raised eyebrow but not commenting on it would have had a better effect in my shippy opinion.

And since we're talking about THE!!! episode...

*drumroll*

I don't find his "Excuse Me?" angsty because he does raise an eyebrow, both of them in fact. So to me it is her saying Jack that surprises him, not a reprimand towards her, because then his eyebrows would have been down and together.

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                            Slide....*waggles eyebrows*

sorry...I'm guttery

I love that kiss as well...I actually like the gif more since the kiss in the episode is way too short....also I think it is vague...I would have loved to see Sam kiss the wall...hallucination instead of imagining it while hallucinating...

That also IMHO indicates how much of a distance they keep...even subconciously since she doesn't dare to kiss him while she, I think, knows he is her own hallucination...

Would have been interesting to see on the security cameras...
                            I never even thought of that. It would have looked very strange.
                            sigpic

Comment

Okay, I broke the thread and now I am here talking to myself.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post

EDIt: To be clear, I don't actually care what the real world reasons are. Those don't interest me at all
                              About the bolded part, because we love reading your theories! At least I do. I remember you posting something like this before and thought I really must finish the last two seasons.

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                              Me too!
                              sigpic

Comment

I am here too Treknik!
                                sigpic
                                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Working...
                                X