*giggles some more*
    I take it you have the Gutter Giggles?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      What's significant - IMHO - isn't when he calls her 'Sam' early in the series. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a senior officer calling a junior by their first name. What's significant is the sudden stop after Serpent's Song, giving credence to the theory his using 'Carter' or her rank exclusively becomes a sort of barrier between them as a reminder of the professional nature of their relationship.

Much in the same way, really, as her saying 'Sir' every 5 words. It is - btw - less acceptable for a junior to refer to a senior by their first name and is generally only done after the senior gives permission and in relative privacy amongst those who work closely together.
      Bingo. Yes. Exactly.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Yes, it was in Italian...and in Moebius the final dialogue was even more shipper in my language
      All right. We're all goin' to Italy.

Or learning Italian.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I take it you have the Gutter Giggles?
        Apparently!

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Bingo. Yes. Exactly.

All right. We're all goin' to Italy.

Or learning Italian.
        I second that!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          I always assumed the sarcophagus would have healed his knee(s), given how many times Ba'al put him in it. But a lot of people seem to think the knees didn't get healed. Plus, on occasion after "Abyss", Jack seemed to be limping again or favoring one leg over the other.
          Several fanfic writers have put forth that assertion. I had never considered it until I read it in fanfic, but you know, it kinda makes sense. If the sarchophagus can bring you back from the dead and heal your injuries, it stands to reason that it could also improve your overall physical condition and reverse the effects of aging.

So...I kinda subscribe to that idea too. It's logical.

Comment

Several fanfic writers have put forth that assertion. I had never considered it until I read it in fanfic, but you know, it kinda makes sense. If the sarchophagus can bring you back from the dead and heal your injuries, it stands to reason that it could also improve your overall physical condition and reverse the effects of aging.

So...I kinda subscribe to that idea too. It's logical.
            I think that the whole "knees" issue was in there because of RDA's knees issues. Kind of like certain pregnancies. . .

Anyhoo.

My theory is that the sarcophagus will heal acute conditions, and chronic ones for a time. But chronic conditions that are programmed into one's DNA will return. So, if you have problems with your eyes, then they will return again, as we've seen with Daniel still needing his glasses. Jack's knees are an on-going issue. Presumably, the same things that make them "go bad" in the first place will return to wreak havoc on them when there's no sarcophagus to heal them for a time.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
              See, here I knew I did.

This is what Peridot looks like:

Ah the backrub!

But Platinum is...

coz they're in their little lovenest and five minutes after that I had them "trying for a baby"

Strangely enough I don't have any pictures of them in the red-and-miserable phase but that might be because I don't have a SimPete to spoil things.

I swear, I am a grown woman with adult responsibilities. You wouldn't know it but, I am.
              Tee-hee! I love this!!! Please...more...when you aren't tending to adult responsibilities, of course!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                I think that the whole "knees" issue was in there because of RDA's knees issues. Kind of like certain pregnancies. . .

Anyhoo.

My theory is that the sarcophagus will heal acute conditions, and chronic ones for a time. But chronic conditions that are programmed into one's DNA will return. So, if you have problems with your eyes, then they will return again, as we've seen with Daniel still needing his glasses. Jack's knees are an on-going issue. Presumably, the same things that make them "go bad" in the first place will return to wreak havoc on them when there's no sarcophagus to heal them for a time.
                I agree. Hence the need to return to the sarchophagus from time to time...

Comment

OT Sims:
                  Spoiler:
                  All this Sim talk is amusing me. I don't play the game, but my mother does and she has a Remington Steele Sim, proving we're not the only ones. Poor man died at one point in a tragic hot tub accident (so it's sort of related to several of our convos here today) and she sweet talked my brother into sending her the programmer codes so she could resurrect him or some such (and make him better/stronger/whatever.) Which is sort of like having a sarcophagus I suppose.
                  And vaguely on topic: Just finally watched SGU with hubs. Isn't it annoying how some guys will comment during the quiet parts and then get mad if you try to talk during the action sequences. I mean... What are you going to miss?

*sigh*

Men.

Comment

Up to my old tricks again...

Congratulations, hedwig, on 9,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, leiasky, on 7,700 posts!!!

Congratulations, JenniferJF, on 7,200 posts!!!

Congratulations, gater62, on 4,400 posts!!!

Congratulations, Lt. Col. John Sheppard, on 2,800 posts!!!

Congratulations, XFchemist, on 300 posts!!!

Congratulations, hlndncr, on 300 posts!!!

Congratulations, Fluffy17, on 100 posts!!!

Comment

SGU
                      Spoiler:
                      i think that there should be SGU related sam Jack stories. But it's up to you guys if you want to write 'em

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                        Nope. I don't mean the SGC. Since Sam is commanding The Hammond, I'm pretty sure it doesn't fall under the control of the SGC. Although, on the most recent SGU episode, when Jack gave Sam the go-ahead to go after the Lucian Alliance, he didn't stop to get permission from the IOA, so I might leave them out of the equation, and say her job falls under Homeworld Security/Air Force. And the SGC falls under Homeworld Security/IOA control, I believe. But, then, what do I know?
                        But, if Sam's job falls under Homeworld Security (or is it now Homeworld Command?), then isn't she back to being within the same chain of command as Jack, if he is the head of Homeworld Security? I do believe that they got together after Threads, but likely after ensuring the regs were no longer an issue... so, wouldn't being in the same CoC affect their ability to have a relationship?

Comment

A little reminder of one of today's convos as I say good night...

lll
                          Sweet Dreams, Ship Family!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                            SGU
                            Spoiler:
                            i think that there should be SGU related sam Jack stories. But it's up to you guys if you want to write 'em
                            i'd like to see the sam/jack stories ON sgu!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i'd like to see the sam/jack stories ON sgu!
                              Ha ha me too but it ain't going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                SGU
                                Spoiler:
                                *cough*

If you mean specific episode or even tie-ins, I've written Winners and Losers. I've also written Out of the Mouth and Interruptus (egads) which take place during the SGU period. Plus Short Stuff, which probably takes place after SGU (or at least, after where we're at) but is SGU Sam and Jack and reflects the geo(or is that uni)political situation of the period. They're all JennVerse (of course ) which means they don't contradict canon but definitely push the envelope.

(but.. darn it.. not contradicted yet )

I'll leave it to others here to self-pimp for fear I'll miss someone through unintentional oversight.

Comment

Working...
                                X