No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious: do we have any X-Files fans around the thread? I remember people on the thread many years ago telling me that I needed to watch the show but I only just got into it recently (as in I've binge watched the first five seasons in two months... whoops! ), and it's wonderful! Jack and Sam will always be my ultimate OTP, but Mulder and Scully sure do come close!

It's also so much fun to see major/minor Stargate alums on the show (though technically, I guess, the first seasons of The X-Files came first, so ... that makes the Stargate actors X-File alums...).

Although scenes between Sam and Caldwell are weird now...
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
      I'm curious: do we have any X-Files fans around the thread? I remember people on the thread many years ago telling me that I needed to watch the show but I only just got into it recently (as in I've binge watched the first five seasons in two months... whoops! ), and it's wonderful! Jack and Sam will always be my ultimate OTP, but Mulder and Scully sure do come close!

It's also so much fun to see major/minor Stargate alums on the show (though technically, I guess, the first seasons of The X-Files came first, so ... that makes the Stargate actors X-File alums...).

Although scenes between Sam and Caldwell are weird now...
      I totally lurk in the shadows of this thread usually, but I had to break my silence for a fellow X-Phile. I agree that Mulder and Scully are a close second. And only to season 5?? You're def in for some treats.

I agree that it's fun to see all the recurring actors between the shows. And DEF understand about Sam and Caldwell!! Haha. I actually had seen that X-Files ep before Atlantis began, so when I saw Caldwell for the first time, I just busted out laughing for a good few minutes.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

I watched The X-Files when it aired back in the 90s and I think I made it to season 5 in my rewatch - and then I discovered Stargate and haven't looked back but, yeah - Mulder & Scully set the standard for how for long time a fangirl can survive just by the touching of hands

Comment

Happy Easter!

A little light, fluffy reading for your holiday: Basket Cases

It's not new, but it's Easter, so I thought it would be appropriate to share. . .

Have a wonderful day!
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
            I watched The X-Files when it aired back in the 90s and I think I made it to season 5 in my rewatch - and then I discovered Stargate and haven't looked back but, yeah - Mulder & Scully set the standard for how for long time a fangirl can survive just by the touching of hands
            For sure! I think you should go back some day and finish the series just to say you have, but I def agree that once I discovered Stargate it was hard for me to get into anything else. Haha. And they did set the standard, although I found it really funny that my friend could not understand how we could survive by the little moments. I tried to explain to him S/J and everything that happened in the span of the show, and he was so confused as to how we were ok. Haha.

Happy Easter!
            sigpic
            [call me loser.]

Comment

Back from my spring break cruise and real life is already raising it's ugly head. State testing starts this week and I can already feel the stress building in my shoulders. Ugh! Time to engulf myself in some fiction, forums, and maybe a rewatch or two.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                Back from my spring break cruise and real life is already raising it's ugly head. State testing starts this week and I can already feel the stress building in my shoulders. Ugh! Time to engulf myself in some fiction, forums, and maybe a rewatch or two.
                You're not a teacher from AZ, are you? My kids are all doing their testing this week.

Regardless, Ugh. I feel your pain about ugly real life. I'm totally swamped--and I just found out that my daughter's 8th grade promotion and my son's high school graduation are on the same night. What the heck? I need a time turner (where's Hermione when you need her?), or a black hole to distort time so that I can be at both events.

Anyway, the Ship is still true. Right?
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  Happy Easter!

A little light, fluffy reading for your holiday: Basket Cases

It's not new, but it's Easter, so I thought it would be appropriate to share. . .

Have a wonderful day!
                  Thanks for the Basket Cases Aka.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

I am watching X-Files now for the "first" time (well I watched sometimes in 90s but was too scared of them ) and it's like "What? Hammond is Scully's daddy?" and "Haha Beckett!"

But yes, seeing Sam and Caldwell in bed together made my eyes bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Houndy Magnus View Post
                      I am watching X-Files now for the "first" time (well I watched sometimes in 90s but was too scared of them ) and it's like "What? Hammond is Scully's daddy?" and "Haha Beckett!"

But yes, seeing Sam and Caldwell in bed together made my eyes bleed.
                      All this talk of the X-Files made me watch a few episodes this morning while I was working. But then I thought, "If I'm going to watch hokey 90s shows, I might as well watch SG-1!"

So, I'm restarting my rewatch (I just finished Secrets and am now watching Bane.)

I'm sure I'll go back and forth between those and the bajillion other shows I've discovered since signing onto Netflix and Hulu. Ha!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

You're not a teacher from AZ, are you? My kids are all doing their testing this week.

Regardless, Ugh. I feel your pain about ugly real life. I'm totally swamped--and I just found out that my daughter's 8th grade promotion and my son's high school graduation are on the same night. What the heck? I need a time turner (where's Hermione when you need her?), or a black hole to distort time so that I can be at both events.

Anyway, the Ship is still true. Right?
                        Actually, I'm in Florida. . I really hate this time of year because it always makes my sad. School should be fun,and not so stressful for the kids.

You could always try cloning yourself... Maybe the Asgard would help.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                          Actually, I'm in Florida. . I really hate this time of year because it always makes my sad. School should be fun,and not so stressful for the kids.

You could always try cloning yourself... Maybe the Asgard would help.
                          I'd love to have a clone or two. Then, the clone could cook, clean, and do the laundry and I could play all day. (And maybe even do a LOT more writing.) Except for that whole "clone breaking down" thing. That would be bad.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

All this talk of the X-Files made me watch a few episodes this morning while I was working. But then I thought, "If I'm going to watch hokey 90s shows, I might as well watch SG-1!"

So, I'm restarting my rewatch (I just finished Secrets and am now watching Bane.)
                            Yeah I mainly rewatched X-Files last year because I wanted to be fresh for the revival that happened in January. And my train of thought was very similar, except I'm watching Atlantis first because I've never finished it. Once I'm done watching that, I plan on rewatching SG-1 as a reward. Haha.
                            sigpic
                            [call me loser.]

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Horse View Post
                              No, just NO!

Anyone notice that in the 80's most shows had stars in their 30's and nowadays they are in their 20's or do they only look that young because I am so old?

Ha! My thoughts exactly.
                              I'm not liking the choice, either.
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm sure I'll go back and forth between those and the bajillion other shows I've discovered since signing onto Netflix and Hulu. Ha!
                                Hmmm...I need to start a fresh rewatch!!

Originally posted by losernerdfriend View Post
                                Yeah I mainly rewatched X-Files last year because I wanted to be fresh for the revival that happened in January. And my train of thought was very similar, except I'm watching Atlantis first because I've never finished it. Once I'm done watching that, I plan on rewatching SG-1 as a reward. Haha.
                                The X-Files revival just made me long for a Stargate revival: I mean...if they could do a decent job of X-Files brought forward to present, how hard could it be to take another wildly popular show (wink, wink...nudge, nudge) and produce a mini-series like that?

They could easily take the proposed 3rd movie script and rework it into a mini-series. A mini-series, guys. With CONFRIMATION. Just a dinner scene...or a general roused from sleep by the telephone...

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X