Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    My first geek moment (in 2 parts):

I was wearing the long-sleeved t-shirt my family got me for Christmas on 2 separate occasions the last 2 weeks, and had a random stranger say "Oh! There's no place like...what does that say?"
    ...and I proceeded to enthusiastically explain what it was, before their eyes glazed over and my response turned to an embarrassed mumble.

What can I say...I'm a geek (and proud of it). LOL
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]41598[/ATTACH]

Lol... Me too!
    sigpic

Comment

Episode of the Week

Touchstone
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        My first geek moment (in 2 parts):

I was wearing the long-sleeved t-shirt my family got me for Christmas on 2 separate occasions the last 2 weeks, and had a random stranger say "Oh! There's no place like...what does that say?"
        ...and I proceeded to enthusiastically explain what it was, before their eyes glazed over and my response turned to an embarrassed mumble.

What can I say...I'm a geek (and proud of it). LOL
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]41598[/ATTACH]
        I hear you! I was driving on the freeway the other day and noticed this car driving oddly behind me. They changed lanes whenever I did and were tailgating kind of closely. I mentioned it to my husband, and he laughed and said, "They're trying to get a picture of your license plate."

It reads "GOT SG1".
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          I hear you! I was driving on the freeway the other day and noticed this car driving oddly behind me. They changed lanes whenever I did and were tailgating kind of closely. I mentioned it to my husband, and he laughed and said, "They're trying to get a picture of your license plate."

It reads "GOT SG1".
          Love it!
          sigpic

Comment

It reads "GOT SG1".
            I stole ... er, borrowed that from you and have it on my car, too. I do notice, occasionally, that people seem to speed up just a little behind me, and am wondering if they do it so they can read what's on the plate.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I stole ... er, borrowed that from you and have it on my car, too. I do notice, occasionally, that people seem to speed up just a little behind me, and am wondering if they do it so they can read what's on the plate.
              Epic! I couldn't possibly be "license plate twins" with anyone cooler!
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Here's a good one!

Episode of the Week

The Fifth Race
                sigpic
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Epic! I couldn't possibly be "license plate twins" with anyone cooler!
                  Awwww. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                    Here's a good one!

Episode of the Week

The Fifth Race
                    Ooh! I love that one!
                    sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                      Ooh! I love that one!

Hoping to find time today ....
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                        Here's a good one!

Episode of the Week

The Fifth Race
                        I do love this episode. I read once that RDA didn't like making this episode, and that he never really committed to the idea of having his brain overwritten. The irony about that for me is that he seemed to have a ball with the second installment of this idea later in the series when Dr. Weir shows up (and Jack does the brain-squidgy thing on purpose). I have no idea what made the difference for him, but he really does do the part well.

In my Shippy-shipperness-shipperocity I can totally see Sam being more than a little concerned about him, and working on a solution in this episode. Of course, having seen the entire series, I am also projecting to the second time, and that wonderful moment that they share in Jack's house before Daniel and Teal'c arrive, but I do see more than the ordinate amount of concern for Jack on her face and in her actions throughout this episode, too.

And because Jack is the prime example of the "Fifth race" for the Asgard, I think that this episode really can put to rest some of the ship-deniers' reasoning that Jack and Sam can't be together because Jack isn't good enough for her--that he's not smart/intelligent/educated enough to be with her. The fact that the Asgard device worked on him, and that he was able to find his way to their planet tells us all that he's far more capable and intelligent than he portrays himself to be, and therefore totally "enough" to be with Sam.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

And because Jack is the prime example of the "Fifth race" for the Asgard, I think that this episode really can put to rest some of the ship-deniers' reasoning that Jack and Sam can't be together because Jack isn't good enough for her--that he's not smart/intelligent/educated enough to be with her. The fact that the Asgard device worked on him, and that he was able to find his way to their planet tells us all that he's far more capable and intelligent than he portrays himself to be, and therefore totally "enough" to be with Sam.
                          is plenty smart after all it is extremely rare nowadays for an officer to get promoted beyond the rank of major without a graduate and/or post-graduate degrees. And if is not smart enough for what does that say about Pete?
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                            is plenty smart after all it is extremely rare nowadays for an officer to get promoted beyond the rank of major without a graduate and/or post-graduate degrees. And if is not smart enough for what does that say about Pete?
                            Hit the nail right on the head the Pete comment. Lol
                            sigpic

Comment

And because Jack is the prime example of the "Fifth race" for the Asgard, I think that this episode really can put to rest some of the ship-deniers' reasoning that Jack and Sam can't be together because Jack isn't good enough for her--that he's not smart/intelligent/educated enough to be with her.
                              I am glad this was pointed out here, because apparently not only ship-deniers but also Jack himself thinks he is not good enough for her. If only someone reminded him from time to time!
                              I wonder if Jack remembers anything later, if not the knowledge, then at least how it felt having the Ancient database in his head. Could it be maybe paralleled (in a good way, of course) with being taken as a host, like Sam/Jolinar? I mean, he was not in control of his mind...
                              It is good to see that even in his absentminded state, Jack is still able to understand when Sam is in trouble offworld and finds a solution to bring her and the team home...
                              This is a good Jack-centric episode. One of those where I feel there was a great potential for telling us more ;-)

Comment

Episode of the Week

A Matter of Time
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X