• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucycat:
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      I'm sure I wasn't the only shipper who was surprised Sam was still with when season 8 started. She was (obviously) so in love with O'neill at the end of Lost City, looking at his frozen body so longingly... it made no sense that she was still with the shrub, imo.
      It made no sense at all Did Amanda really fight for this? And then at the same time playing Sam so obviously still in love with Jack? Does anybody know why?

I really enjoy seeing the "Lieutenant Colonel" under my name; what a kick.
      Congrats on the promotion

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      I'm just only finally collecting my photos of S/J (I've only used them for artwork before) and some picspam here:
      Thanks for the lovely pic spam *virtual green*

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        It made no sense at all Did Amanda really fight for this? And then at the same time playing Sam so obviously still in love with Jack? Does anybody know why?
        i know amanda didn't want sam to get engaged to pete, which gives me the impression she didn't want the boyfriend storyline to go serious.

neither did we!!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i know amanda didn't want sam to get engaged to pete, which gives me the impression she didn't want the boyfriend storyline to go serious.

neither did we!!
          I think by this time, they'd invested too much into the storyline not to take it further.
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

neither did we!!
            *phew* I'm glad Amanda didn't want Sam to get engaged to Pete

I think by this time, they'd invested too much into the storyline not to take it further.
            Well, they'd invested 7 years in the Sam/Jack storyline without taking it further - weren't TPTB a little bit impatient in regards to the storyline?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
              *phew* I'm glad Amanda didn't want Sam to get engaged to Pete

Well, they'd invested 7 years in the Sam/Jack storyline without taking it further - weren't TPTB a little bit impatient in regards to the storyline?
              Yeah well, I thought with those 7 years, we ALL could have done without Shanahan.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I'm just only finally collecting my photos of S/J (I've only used them for artwork before) and some picspam here:

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/SG1%20Others/SJ%20photos/samandjack3_zpsac2ca7e3.jpg
                I had a large file full of photos related to S/J. Unfortunately, my computer seems to have eaten it, because it's no longer there.

I was looking in that file within the past week for something, and a few days later when I went to look for something again, the entire folder was just gone. I didn't delete it, so I have no idea what happened. I even looked in the 'recycle bin' and it wasn't there, and I haven't cleaned that out in quite awhile. I checked other folders to see if I had somehow accidentally moved it into one of them, but is nowhere to be found. I had some really good photos in there.

So I'm now attempting to recreate it by saving copies of any pictures I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  I had a large file full of photos related to S/J. Unfortunately, my computer seems to have eaten it, because it's no longer there.

I was looking in that file within the past week for something, and a few days later when I went to look for something again, the entire folder was just gone. I didn't delete it, so I have no idea what happened. I even looked in the 'recycle bin' and it wasn't there, and I haven't cleaned that out in quite awhile. I checked other folders to see if I had somehow accidentally moved it into one of them, but is nowhere to be found. I had some really good photos in there.

So I'm now attempting to recreate it by saving copies of any pictures I can find.
                  Oh no! I would have loved to have seen those pics!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

look at this neat shippy thing i saw on twitter: https://twitter.com/Jess_Marissa/sta...806656/photo/1

(it's for the sanctuary for kids charity, but it's shippy!! )
                    Hehe, I love this soooo much! Amanda and the Sanctuary crew really know how to get people to come out in droves!

I'd love to be able to go!

sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Hehe, I love this soooo much! Amanda and the Sanctuary crew really know how to get people to come out in droves!

I'd love to be able to go!

It's not really an official thing. Just something organized by some fans to raise money for s4k
                      sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

HI Guys

Just a little note. When you make your artwork for ship day, let's please remember to keep it tasteful. Tasteful, I know is hard to define, but think of it this way....if you were Amanda or Rick, and you were drawn as they are portrayed in a piece of artwork.....would you be comfortable with it?

I'm not talking to or about any singular person, the concern has been raised, and we can see their point. So we simply ask artists that post work here to keep 'tasteful' in mind when they post their work.

Thanks
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sorry if this has come up recently, I haven't been on this thread much lately. *slaps self* But who is working on something for Ship Day? And what are you doing?
                          The password is fishing...

Comment

I'm attempting to write a little series of fics... I can't get things to transfer from my head to the laptop... very annoying. I want them to be decent but they'll probably turn out meh.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola
                            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I got a Fic Challenge for you folks:
                              1) Sam and Jack meet for the first time in the story.
                              2) They are both engaged to other people.
                              3) They secretly (without significant others) take dance lessons at the same studio, preparing for upcoming ceremonies.
                              4) The phrase ‘The dancing doesn’t lie’ must be used.
                              5) Ending is up to writer’s discretion.
                              6) Must be written in third person.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                                I love all the calendars and I look forward to seeing them every day. Is there really a Log Cabin Day? If so, it's a pity it wasn't on July 28th.
                                Glad you're enjoying them! And yes, all the holidays we've used on it are, apparently, real. At least they are in the US, we chose to only use those since that's where the show is set. But for July 28th we already have Ship Day (okay, so that's not really a holiday, but it is for everyone here! )!

I'm sure I wasn't the only shipper who was surprised Sam was still with when season 8 started. She was (obviously) so in love with O'neill at the end of Lost City, looking at his frozen body so longingly... it made no sense that she was still with the shrub, imo.
                                Personally, I can only explain it as bad writing really, and possibly (conjecture on my part) a way of playing out Amanda Tapping's insistence that Sam needed to hang onto a boyfriend as long as she could. But Lost City obviously showed how incongruous this was and S8 merely ended up as a let down for me.
                                I always tried to explain it away with Sam being a bit scared and overwhelmed with the strength of her feelings for Jack after everything that had happened in Lost City. She seemed to think her 'infatuation' with him wasn't real or at least not worth pursuing in Grace and then a few weeks/months later she gets a reality check and it scares the **** out of her. I doubt she spent any time thinking of Pete in New Order but with how stubborn she is and the way she always seems to avoid thinking too much about her feelings for Jack, I figured she just tried to hang in there and see if she really couldn't make it work with Pete. Obviously the thing with Jack wasn't going anywhere anyway, regardless of what she (and he) felt in Lost City and after they both got their new promotions the regs weren't the only issue anymore, either. It just got more complicated. Plus, Jack still hadn't really given any indication that he felt the same and wanted her to wait (not that I think he should have, but she obviously did as shown in Affinity) after he got out of stasis.

But yeah, I totally agree about how badly TPTB handled Sam's relationship. Heck, her entire love life really, with season 7/8 being the worst, although the whole Orlin thing kinda bothered me too. But I always try to find some kind of explanation for the characters since a couple of my fics are set in season 7/8 and deal with the S/P and S/J relationships, so I need to explore everything for them to have an in-story 'justification'...
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X