No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Shipsgiving, Everyone! The thread is now open! Feel free to post here for the next 24 hours!

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...ng-Thread-2015
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Bloodlines

First, and on an unrelated note, I was so happy to see that actress playing Drey'auc is the came one who was Allison on Eureka! I have recently started watching that show.

Anyway, that said I have never been fond of this episode (a running theme of season one apparently). Hammond's behaviour at the beginning annoyed me, as did Daniel's later. Daniel's I could understand though.

It was nice to see Bra'tac though. Sam's morality was interesting, especially knowing how much it will change as the show goes on.

Again, nothing shippy to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen1984 View Post
        Bloodlines

First, and on an unrelated note, I was so happy to see that actress playing Drey'auc is the came one who was Allison on Eureka! I have recently started watching that show.

Anyway, that said I have never been fond of this episode (a running theme of season one apparently). Hammond's behaviour at the beginning annoyed me, as did Daniel's later. Daniel's I could understand though.

It was nice to see Bra'tac though. Sam's morality was interesting, especially knowing how much it will change as the show goes on.

That was Salli Richardson-Whitfield's only appearance as Drey'auc. The character's other two appearances were portrayed by another actor.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Bloodlines

Yes! I really liked Sally in this role, and Eureka! is wonderful! I love that the main character's name is Jack Carter, I love that lots of the same locations were used from Stargate (you'll see Jack's cabin at one point), and the same actors on both shows too (my Dan/Jan heart loves the episode where Teryl Rothery plays a widow whose husband's name was Daniel).
          sigpic
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            Yes! I really liked Sally in this role, and Eureka! is wonderful! I love that the main character's name is Jack Carter, I love that lots of the same locations were used from Stargate (you'll see Jack's cabin at one point), and the same actors on both shows too (my Dan/Jan heart loves the episode where Teryl Rothery plays a widow whose husband's name was Daniel).
            She was awesome. She definitely got Drey'auc's understandable anger and hurt across.
            The actress that replaced her was good too, of course.

Jack Carter's name definitely made my shipper heart squee! I'll look forward to TR's episode. I'm only on season 1 though.

I cannot help but wonder just how big of fans the writers were of the show. I caught a licence plate that said NID! And apparently they seem to be shippers...

I'm probably reading too much into it, but that is what we do, isn't it?

Comment

Happy Shipsgiving, Everyone! The thread is now open! Feel free to post here for the next 24 hours!

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...ng-Thread-2015
              Happy Shipsgiving!
              sigpic

Comment

OK, that has to be the fastest thread shut down on record! Oh, wait, maybe it's my secondhand laptop dragging itself past midnight...

Anyways, was trying to post my goodnights and thanks on the Sam/Jack Shipsgiving thread and at 12:04am was locked out! Skydiver did you have to be that quick??

But here's what I was gearing up to say when I was so efficiently interrupted:

And much love to our dedicated Shippers who started our Shipper fest and kept it rolling ALL day -

SamJackShipper93
                iiradned
                A. Karswyll
                hindncr

THANKS FOR ANOTHER WONDERFUL - SO MARRIED - SAM/JACK SHIPSGIVING

A SAFE AND FUN THANKSGIVING TO ALL!
                MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
                sigpic
                Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Tired today - it's the usual post shipper holiday fatigue

And I agree with Traveler Enroute1 - a big thanks to everyone who helped organize and run this year's Shipsgiving

Comment

The November MOS challenge:

"This month’s challenge is a Setting Challenge:

Utopia

What’s a Setting Challenge?

Location, location, location! This challenge is all about setting. You can interpret the setting anyway you like (stretch if to its limits if you must) but your response should include the prompted setting. "

Entire tumblr post

Comment

What's the episode of the week?

Comment

DEVASTATED!!!!
                        I've not been on for a while and I've missed Shipsgiving and the awesomeness that is you guys!!!!
                        Hope you are all okay and I'm hoping I can come and be annoying again soon !!!!
                        .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

What's the episode of the week?
                          Until midnight it's still "Bloodlines," and then it'll be "Fire and Water," which will be much easier to discuss!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
                            DEVASTATED!!!!
                            I've not been on for a while and I've missed Shipsgiving and the awesomeness that is you guys!!!!
                            Hope you are all okay and I'm hoping I can come and be annoying again soon !!!!
                            Ah, that's okay. Don't feel bad! You can still enjoy reading through the thread and ship here!

sigpic

Comment

Until midnight it's still "Bloodlines," and then it'll be "Fire and Water," which will be much easier to discuss!
                              For some reason I thought it changed on Sundays.

Comment

For some reason I thought it changed on Sundays.
                                Well, I guess depending on your time zone it does. Since all of our ship holidays start at midnight eastern time, that's 11:00 p.m. on Sundays for me, so that's when I've taken to changing it.

Other than that, there was really no particular reason for it changing on Monday except that I figured it might be nice for people to have the whole weekend to watch a certain episode before starting a new week.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X