Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
    Would it not be better to leave out Shipsgiving and work towards Shipmas? They are so close together that we could end up with having one special holiday followed by the other only a couple of weeks later.
    I just feel that since there are so few shippers posting these days, it would be better to concentrate on only one holiday.
    I feel the same. Even when there were a plethora of shippers posting, I always felt that Shipsgiving and Shipmas came too close together. Especially this year, the holiday celebrations would likely be less than one month apart. I propose putting out a poll for the Saturdays in December so that we can decide which day we'd like in advance. Then people can start making goodies for that date if they'd like!
    sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Here are the Saturdays in December

So it looks like that the only viable options are for the first 3 dates. The last two being Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve respectively. No doubt we all be too busy spending those days with our families.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Good idea with just one shipper holiday

Amanda is in Stockholm on December 10th for the ScifiWorld convention, just saying

Comment

This suggestion would be more for next year and beyond, but what about in August and/or September voting on whether to have the Shipsgiving or the Shipmas. That way if one year, for example, more shippers can do Shipsgiving then Shipmas then we hold the Shipsgiving. This is just a thought.

Another suggestion would be to rename Shipmas to Shipmasgiving in order to combine Shipsgiving and Shipmas together and then next year and beyond the voting days could be from the last two Saturdays in November to the last Saturday in December. Of my two suggestions, I like this one better.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
            This suggestion would be more for next year and beyond, but what about in August and/or September voting on whether to have the Shipsgiving or the Shipmas. That way if one year, for example, more shippers can do Shipsgiving then Shipmas then we hold the Shipsgiving. This is just a thought.

Another suggestion would be to rename Shipmas to Shipmasgiving in order to combine Shipsgiving and Shipmas together and then next year and beyond the voting days could be from the last two Saturdays in November to the last Saturday in December. Of my two suggestions, I like this one better.
            I like the idea of combining them, although in all honesty, I've simply been too swamped during the Holidays for the past several years to participate in any of these at all. I might pop in to share some fic, but that's about all I can do.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post

Why wait until next year?
              We used to have Shipmas only, but one year when we had lots and lots of shippers here, someone suggested Shipsgiving. Many people ignored the fact that the rest of the world don't actually celebrate this holiday, plus the idea had to be explained to the non-Americans. The vote was carried by the majority of US shippers, and so we now have two special holidays that are diluted because they are so close together.
              sigpic

Comment

I say we just go with Shipmas.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                  I say we just go with Shipmas.
                  I agree. Here are the dates in December that iiradned posted earlier.

17 (1)

My vote is for the 17th.
                  sigpic

Comment

17 (2)

sigpic
                    My Stories AO3

Comment

17 (3)
                      sigpic
                      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways

Comment

PLOT TWIST! We're gonna keep doing two eps per week for a little while!

Episodes of the Week

Urgo

A Hundred Days

One of my favorite episodes mixed with one of my most painful ... (but Chimera and Affinity are worse, IMHO).
                        sigpic

Comment

17 (4)
                          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Challenge #119
                            Fonts

Copter

RodneyisGodney

JadedWraith

slizzie

sigpic
                            Sig and Avi by by AFA Secret Santa Josiane. Thank you.

Comment

17 (5)

Comment

Challenge # 120

This week you have two options for the challenge.

Option 1} Make some Thanksgiving and/or Fall art work. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, you can do Fall. If that doesn't float your boat, then try....

Option 2} Here are three textures to help your muse along. Use one, two or all three. You can even use them in your Fall or Thanksgiving art if you like!

click for bigger

Entries due to me noon your time Monday November 21st.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X