No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the lovely Ship Day party we just had - I'm so happy to be a part of the Sam/Jack shipper family

Comment

Thanks everyone for a great extended Ship Day party!

Going through the Ship Day thread will keep me in a happy shippy mood for months to come.

For the Drabble challenge I will be compiling all the entries this weekend. You have the rest of the week to complete your drabbles if you would like to be included in the Shipper Anthology.

Here is the complete list of the drabble prompts:

1. Light and Dark
      2. Echoes
      3. Seeing Red
      4. Answers
      5. The First Time
      6. Not Exactly
      7. Over the Edge
      8. Awkward
      9. Dead Wrong
      10. Hold On

Bonus: Family

Comment

For anyone it interests, I counted 42 users in the Ship Day thread (including myself).

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
          I'm still looking for about 4 more shippy moments and since Ship Day is over with I thought I would finish asking here so I can get the video done and post a link here when it's done.

So far for the Top 12 Shippy Moments I have (Season 4 and beyond):
          1. Heroes Part 2 Hug (submitted by IamDKScully)
          2. Threads fishing scene (submitted by IamDKScully)
          3. Look from Prophecy when visiting Jonas (submitted by me)
          4. Window of Opportunity Kiss (submitted by SamJackShipper93)
          5. Beneath the Surface snuggle scene (submitted by atlantis sg1)
          6. End scene from Evolution Part 2 (submitted by ErikaMariia)
          7. Sacrifices Corridor scene (submitted by ErikaMariia)
          8. What moonbase scene from Stargate: Continuum (submitted by me) - this is 1 of the 4 I was thinking of.
          9. (submitted by )
          10. (submitted by )
          11. (submitted by )
          12. (submitted by )

How about the scene in Threads where they're in the observation room, just before Jacob dies? They seem so comfortable with each other, as if something has changed. Jack puts his arm around Sam, and that's where he says, "Always." To me, that's the shippiest moment in the whole series!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Going through the Ship Day thread will keep me in a happy shippy mood for months to come.

For the Drabble challenge I will be compiling all the entries this weekend. You have the rest of the week to complete your drabbles if you would like to be included in the Shipper Anthology.

1. Light and Dark
            2. Echoes
            3. Seeing Red
            4. Answers
            5. The First Time
            6. Not Exactly
            7. Over the Edge
            8. Awkward
            9. Dead Wrong
            10. Hold On

I've never been a huge drabble fan, but this was really fun. (Also--it was a great writing exercise. My English Major heart appreciates you, too.) Thanks for thinking of it and providing the prompts.
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
              For anyone it interests, I counted 42 users in the Ship Day thread (including myself).
              Well, that settles it. There are exactly 42 awesome people in this world. Ha ha!
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

WOW...
                I did an 'almost' drabble for my series! YAY...

'Answers'
                .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

1. Light and Dark
                  2. Echoes
                  3. Seeing Red
                  4. Answers
                  5. The First Time
                  6. Not Exactly
                  7. Over the Edge
                  8. Awkward
                  9. Dead Wrong
                  10. Hold On

Trying to speed myself up on these... Think I'm finding these harder than I should be haha! !
                  .... sigpic ....

Comment

Light and dark

Spoiler:
                    Jack's life had truly been dark. Years in special ops and months in Iraqi prison had left their marks in him. When Charlie had died his life had turned black. Meeting Skaa'ra and the kids on Abydos had faded the blackness a little but still his life had been more grey than colour for a long time afterwards.

When he'd met Captain Samantha Carter another shade of brightness started to appear in his life. But today, watching his bride walking towards him to the aisle, he thought he finally had found light again. And it wasn't an Asgard transport beam.
                    sigpic
                    Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

There was a bonus prompt?! How did I miss that! *Scrambles off to write one last drabble*
                      + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                      And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Drabble for Family. Very fluffy.

Spoiler:
                        If 8 years ago someone had told Jack O’Neill that he would consider two scientists and an alien his family, he would have given them the most perplexed look and would have ordered them out of his house for such ridiculousness.

Yet here he was, sitting around a campfire with his team after a wonderful day of fishing. Daniel had effectively become a man Jack both respected and considered a friend when he had saved his life. Teal’c had earned his trust once he saw the Jaffa throw everything he knew aside to save them. Over time, their friendship had grown into a far stronger bond.

And then there was Sam. The young captain was the last person he had wanted on his team. He had been mostly sarcastic when he had told her that he adored her already before their first mission together but that had quickly become a reality. She had gained his respect as an officer, had impressed him with her knowledge and intellect, had saved his life more than once and had become someone he cared about far too much before he had even realized what was happening.

He loved her. He didn’t adore her in the way he’d seen some men revere her but he adored her in the sense that he treasured her. After their conversation yesterday, he knew that he would get to cherish her forever. The memory made him smile as he stared at his wife to be. She must have caught him starring because returned the smile and stared right back.

Jack could hear Daniel’s voice dwindled down, no doubt registering the fact that the couple was no longer paying attention to what he was saying. Sam slightly angled her head towards their friend and Jack gave the briefest of nods. It was a good a time as any to tell them the news.
                        + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                        And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Chapter 5 of Life's Journeys

'The First Time'
                          .... sigpic ....

Comment

A very special thank you to hlndncr for all her hard work making Ship Day a success.
                            And to all who contributed, you are appreciated.

sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser View Post
                              A very special thank you to hlndncr for all her hard work making Ship Day a success.
                              And to all who contributed, you are appreciated.

I agree completely! It was my first Ship Day in YEARS, and it was so much fun. Thanks to everyone!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Tiptoes in:

Ship Day is over for this year. We had a great time. I know people are taking a bit of a break, but now that my addiction is in full swing again, I miss all the Sam/Jack Shippy activity!

So, I'm proposing that we play a game.

Let's write a story together. Sam/Jack centered, naturally. PG rated, at the most. Each person contributes ONE sentence at a time. Quote the previous post and the remove the tags, adding your sentence before you post. Write only one sentence, and someone else has to contribute before you can add another.

Who's with me? Sounds like fun, right?

Okay - I'll start it off.

Branches

To the best of their recollections, it was the first time they'd ever been stuck in a tree.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X