No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got round to writing more of my drabble/ficlet series..
    It was my daughters first birthday yesterday so I was concentrating on that instead of writing LOL!!!

Anyway... Here is..
    'Over the Edge'

Enjoy !
    .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
      No, I recently re-read that and there were no Amazons. I don't think there were amazons in the fic I'm looking for either.

I remember Jack being a total a** to Sam. And she was badly wounded, nearly died but she said nothing to him. This maybe a long shot because I really don't remember much else. It's not one of my favourites but it's been nagging me for some time now. Weird, I know...
      Nope, don't know that one. Sorry. You could try in the subforum of fanfiction, though. There's a fic search thread and one about Sam/Jack fic. Or try twitter (there's lots of shippers there and fic searches aren't unusual).
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
        Does anyone remember this fic:

Jack was involved with another woman, might be Laira but I'm not sure. They were on a mission I think, Sam got shot but this woman lied to Jack that everybody was okay. Sam was badly wounded but said nothing. Jack treated her very badly. I'm pretty sure there was a happy ending though.
        If it's the one with the Archeologist that Jack is involved with then it's "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve. Sam isn't shot, but she is wounded.

Not sure about the snowblind one, but could be "The Weather Outside" by the incomparable Doc.

Both can still be found on the Stargate Novel Archive: http://sgnovels.creativearchivist.net. You can search by author or title.

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
          If it's the one with the Archeologist that Jack is involved with then it's "A Second Chance" by Sally Reeve. Sam isn't shot, but she is wounded.

Not sure about the snowblind one, but could be "The Weather Outside" by the incomparable Doc.

Both can still be found on the Stargate Novel Archive: http://sgnovels.creativearchivist.net. You can search by author or title.

Just read that not too long ago. Laira is sooooo bad!!!! 101 Days by Roxanne Kowalchuk. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/154746/1/101-Days
          Last edited by houghtam; 09 August 2015, 12:57 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bucky View Post
            I remember this one. I love Sally Reeve's writing in general but I always kind of had an issue with the fics involving other love interests (though I did enjoy her last one dealing with Sam marrying Pete, as painful as it could be at times *as terrible as the Sam/Pete thing was, I think that it's interesting to show Sam cracking and making bad choices... because of loss and past trauma that caught up with her*)... mostly because they're infuriating ahah (and love triangles are often a cheap narrative device... it's more interesting to see them fighting other kind of obstacles... involving adventure and mystery... after all, they're a sci-fi pairing... one of my favorite adventure shippy fic is Forbidden by Julia Reynolds *it's spooky and shippy and very in character*... guess I can't thank enough Pol for having shared her collection of fanfics a while ago... because it allowed me to read some fics I didn't know existed).

I remember another fic (by Sally Reeve again) where Sam was injured and said nothing while Jack was an a** to her but I don't remember additional love interests (and I had issues buying it because Jack would never act so badly towards her if he saw her in pain... and he would not naively believe that she's faking it... because he's awfully protective of her and the team in general... and he knows how she is... he knows she's more the type to hide her pain than fake it). In the fic/story, we discover that Sam might actually die from a sickness and when Jack learns about it, he stops acting crual towards her. I liked the fic, except for Jack's weird behavior when Sam was obviously in pain. The fic is Deadly Legacy.
            Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 06 August 2015, 04:43 PM.
            My Tumblr.
            My Tumblr Art Blog.
            My Deviantart page.

Comment

Branches...

To the best of their recollections, it was the first time they'd ever been stuck in a tree.

"Got any rope Carter?"

Carter's branch waved a little as she turned, her delicately raised eyebrow telling him that he was definitely barking up the wrong - oh. He watched as she squiggled a little, getting a firmer hold on her precarious perch. It was doubtful that the branch would sustain her weight much longer.

"As luck would have it, Sir," she grumbled, "I left my rope in my other pack."

Grasping the tree trunk tighter, Jack leaned out to survey the ground beneath them. Yup, still covered with the scorpion looking bugs.

He squinted over at Carter, "Daniel and Teal'c still on PS3 J29?"

"They were due to come back tomorrow, Sir."

After a few minutes Jack saw the gate activating on its hilltop a kilometer away. Glancing down at the monster arachnids from Hell, he muttered a prayer to whomever might be listening that Teal'c and Daniel had decided to return a day early. Slowly, to keep the tree branches from shaking any more than they had to, Jack reached for his walkie.

"Daniel... Teal'c... Anyone there?" He waited, but his query was met with only static-y silence. "Apparently not."

Suddenly, Jack heard a cracking sound from of one of the branches.

"Carter!" Reaching over, he clambered onto a nearby branch, thicker the one Sam was on, and directly below her. "Hang on!"

"I'm good, Sir," she muttered breathlessly as she quickly repositioned her hands and feet, watching the piece of branch she'd just been grasping fall noisily to the ground.

Looking up, Jack spotted a couple of Jaffa exiting the stargate.

"Uh-oh... I guess now is the time when the real fun begins," said Jack. He looked up to see Sam shimmy towards the trunk, then slide down towards where he straddled the tree.

Jack and Sam looked up at the sound of an Alkesh approaching the gate which then lowered rings and picked the two Jaffa before leaving and the gate shut down leaving them alone again.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
                Just read that not too long ago. Laura is sooooo bad!!!! 101 Days by Roxanne Kowalchuk. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/154746/1/101-Days
                That's it! Thank you!!! And thanks for everyone else too, I found a bunch of nice fics to read

I tried to search FFnet (and AO3) with various filters but no wonder I didn't find it because there are no character tags. 28k is quite lot of stories to go through..

The good thing in fanfic is that if I read something I don't like I can always brush it off and say "well, that didn't happen"
                Last edited by ErikaMariia; 06 August 2015, 10:49 PM.
                sigpic
                Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Nonnie88 View Post
                  Finally got round to writing more of my drabble/ficlet series..
                  It was my daughters first birthday yesterday so I was concentrating on that instead of writing LOL!!!

Anyway... Here is..
                  'Over the Edge'

Enjoy !
                  Thanks!
                  sigpic

Comment

All this talk of fanfic, and I just found out I'm having breakfast with several SG authors at the Chicago con next week, including Sally Malcolm (aka Sally Reeve) who wrote "A Matter of Honor/The Cost of Honor" and several other Fandemonium books! Super excited!!!
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      All this talk of fanfic, and I just found out I'm having breakfast with several SG authors at the Chicago con next week, including Sally Malcolm (aka Sally Reeve) who wrote "A Matter of Honor/The Cost of Honor" and several other Fandemonium books! Super excited!!!
                      Wow! So cool!

All I have is a new chapter to share:

The Velocity of Strained Carrots - Dynamics
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

[QUOTE=iiradned;14381610]Branches...

To the best of their recollections, it was the first time they'd ever been stuck in a tree.

"Got any rope Carter?"

Carter's branch waved a little as she turned, her delicately raised eyebrow telling him that he was definitely barking up the wrong - oh. He watched as she squiggled a little, getting a firmer hold on her precarious perch. It was doubtful that the branch would sustain her weight much longer.

Grasping the tree trunk tighter, Jack leaned out to survey the ground beneath them. Yup, still covered with the scorpion looking bugs.

After a few minutes Jack saw the gate activating on its hilltop a kilometer away. Glancing down at the monster arachnids from Hell, he muttered a prayer to whomever might be listening that Teal'c and Daniel had decided to return a day early. Slowly, to keep the tree branches from shaking any more than they had to, Jack reached for his walkie.

"Daniel... Teal'c... Anyone there?" He waited, but his query was met with only static-y silence. "Apparently not."

"Carter!" Reaching over, he clambered onto a nearby branch, thicker the one Sam was on, and directly below her. "Hang on!"

"I'm good, Sir," she muttered breathlessly as she quickly repositioned her hands and feet, watching the piece of branch she'd just been grasping fall noisily to the ground.

"Uh-oh... I guess now is the time when the real fun begins," said Jack. He looked up to see Sam shimmy towards the trunk, then slide down towards where he straddled the tree.

Jack and Sam looked up at the sound of an Alkesh approaching the gate which then lowered rings and picked the two Jaffa before leaving and the gate shut down leaving them alone again.

"Well, that was weird." Sam lowered herself to sit next to the Colonel on the branch.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories AO3

Comment

Branches...

"Got any rope Carter?"

"Well, that was weird." Sam lowered herself to sit next to the Colonel on the branch. "The Goa'uld must have a camp somewhere on the planet."
                          + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                          And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                            Wow! So cool!

All I have is a new chapter to share:

The Velocity of Strained Carrots - Dynamics
                            Looking forward to reading your new fic, AKA!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                              Looking forward to reading your new fic, AKA!!
                              The last chapter should be up today or tomorrow.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                Oh wow. That is awesome.
                                I met Sally at LFCC, had a lovely conversation with her.
                                Hope you have an awesome time
                                .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

Working...
                                X