No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Erm... Yeah, clearly whoever wrote that didn't watch the show. Even the most avid polar bears can't deny that Jack confessed he "cared about her a lot more than he was supposed to" (note emphasis) and resigned and kissed her in season 4. Then Sam had a conversation with herself where she made out with him in her fantasy and then in Threads Kerry dumped Jack because he is *in love* with Sam and Sam dumped Pete because "what about [Jack]?" - utter codswallop!

And, even if you don't ship them, there are surely *much* worse tv couples! Off the top of my head I can think of several... Chakotay/7of9, Rachel/Joey, Grissom/Sara, Wilson/13... They are nowhere near that level of lacklustre chemistry!

Also, the beauty of SG-1 was that the ship and the team were not mutually exclusive. Ok, so they couldn't act on it whilst they were in the same team but the whole point was that they were unwilling to sacrifice the team for their personal feelings - it's one of the reasons we love them, right?
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Her "Matter of Honor/Cost of Honor" books are great. I always thought just leaving Boyd and his team to die in the episode "A Matter of Time" was really gut-wrenching so I am glad that Sally revisited the story to save (most of) them. I'm expecting great things of this one too.
      My most favorite scene in those books was towards the end of the 2d book when Hammond was outside after he and several SG teams had secured the room where one of the big battles had happened. He was wondering where SG1 was and if they had survived this time. When out of the smoke and mist (as though in slow motion in my mind) appears his favorite team, looking quite the worse for wear, but alive. I got the shivers reading that scene. I could just see it playing out onscreen.

This would have made an excellent 2-3 part episode during the series.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
        My most favorite scene in those books was towards the end of the 2d book when Hammond was outside after he and several SG teams had secured the room where one of the big battles had happened. He was wondering where SG1 was and if they had survived this time. When out of the smoke and mist (as though in slow motion in my mind) appears his favorite team, looking quite the worse for wear, but alive. I got the shivers reading that scene. I could just see it playing out onscreen.

This would have made an excellent 2-3 part episode during the series.
        i skimmed this post, b/c i'm on a current re-read of the novels and i want 'some' of the surprise again.

but i've found, too, that some of those novels would have made great episodes!!

the one i'm reading now is called 'oceans of dust'. very interesting story, very well done take on our beloved characters, and sam is important to the story too!

i'm really enjoying this (especially after finishing 'two roads' and needing some good character writing).

on the subject of that other thread... i never go there. i used to read that stuff a long time ago, but the hating and jealousy was too much.

all that matters is this thread of shippy loving.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

i've been playing around with my twitter page. take a look at my layout.

https://twitter.com/majorsal

*shippy sighs*
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Yup, I don't waste time hanging around vicious polar bears who may try to bite me when I can play with fluffy, friendly non flesh-eating penguins

Sally's Honor books were, in my opinion, fantastic. She would have been an excellent addition to TPTB and she's a shipper too so bonus! Can't wait to see what she does with "100 Days" and the aftermath re:ship. It's gonna be epic IMO.

Comment

that link i gave you for my twitter profile page didn't show you all of my shippy goodness. (twitter's changed and i'm still adjusting )

this image is all over my main viewing page on twitter. i just uploaded it to imageshack (that now makes you pay!!)

sally

sigpic

Comment

Erm... Yeah, clearly whoever wrote that didn't watch the show. Even the most avid polar bears can't deny that Jack confessed he "cared about her a lot more than he was supposed to" (note emphasis) and resigned and kissed her in season 4. Then Sam had a conversation with herself where she made out with him in her fantasy and then in Threads Kerry dumped Jack because he is *in love* with Sam and Sam dumped Pete because "what about [Jack]?" - utter codswallop!

And, even if you don't ship them, there are surely *much* worse tv couples! Off the top of my head I can think of several... Chakotay/7of9, Rachel/Joey, Grissom/Sara, Wilson/13... They are nowhere near that level of lacklustre chemistry!

Also, the beauty of SG-1 was that the ship and the team were not mutually exclusive. Ok, so they couldn't act on it whilst they were in the same team but the whole point was that they were unwilling to sacrifice the team for their personal feelings - it's one of the reasons we love them, right?
                Yeah, I agree. I thought that when I read that... but the point was, that, whoever wrote this was clearly against the ship! (I mean, read the anti-shipper thread her eon gateworld. People in ther econstantly claim that Jack held no feelings for Sam and she was just drooling over him like a high school girl with a fling. Apparently people can completely tune out Divide & Conquer, Window of Opportunity and the other episodes... )

But despite being so fiercely opposed to the ship, that person acknowledged that in the end, they got together. The hints are so strong, that even non-shippers interpret it as "Yup, they are giving it a shot".

Doesn't that make anybody else happy? Cause... you know... it means, we're not just seeing things through our shippy glasses, because non-shippers see the same!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                  Sally is one of my all-time favorites! The 2 "Honor" books were brilliant.
                  Sally is the reason I avoided fanfic while the show was running. She wrote Sam/Jack so good I would get confused between her stuff and the show.

Comment

Right.

And for those most avid polar bears...

Comment

So, no one in the "real world" has ever fallen for their boss, right?
                      sigpic

----------
                      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        i've been playing around with my twitter page. take a look at my layout.

https://twitter.com/majorsal

*shippy sighs*
                        Here's mine

https://twitter.com/iiradned

<snip>
                        Last edited by Skydiver; 18 June 2014, 03:29 AM.
                        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Welcome! This week’s challenge is:

Word/Phrase Challenge: Tattoo

This week’s challenge was inspired by a single word or phrase. The word or phrase doesn’t have to appear in your response, but it should inspire it.

How does it work?
                          • A new challenge/prompt will be posted on Wednesday
                          • Responses should be self-contained stories (no word minimum or limit unless length was specified as part of the challenge) that take place in one chapter (or art/vid if that’s what strikes your fancy). Works can be shared as soon as they’re ready. Post your work at your archive of choice, website, journal, etc. or behind spoiler tags within the thread. (If you want to hold your submission back until the master post, that’s fine too.)
                          • The challenge closes the following Tuesday at 2100 GMT (that’s 5:00p EDT)
                          • PM a link to your challenge response to Amara D’Angeli. Tuesday evenings, links to all the responses for each challenge will be collected together into one post for easy navigation (especially important as the notifications for this challenge are now going out here, at AO3, at LiveJoural, and at twitter!).
                          • OPTIONAL: Post your submission to the AO3 Collection. Here’s the Safe-Link to this week’s challenge (Safe-Links will ensure you’re not spoiled for future challenges).

So…

What do you do if you break the “rules”?
                          So you didn’t quite hit a word count or you didn’t adhere on a structure challenge. Maybe a setting challenge worked better for you if you interpreted it loosely. Don’t worry! It’s all good. Submit your response anyway. (We totally want to see it!)

Have an idea for a WOS prompt?
                          Let us know and we’ll put it in the rotation.
                          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                            Sally is the reason I avoided fanfic while the show was running. She wrote Sam/Jack so good I would get confused between her stuff and the show.
                            Lol, that's pretty cool

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post

So, no one in the "real world" has ever fallen for their boss, right?
                            Well, if that statement was true, Monica Lewinski would probably still have a job!

(Disclaimer: Not that I'm comparing Sam to her in any way! She's a little bit smarter than that)

Comment

I didn't realise that the new novel "Two Roads" was post-Threads! Damn, clearly from the shippers' reviews there was much missed opportunity. Such a waste to have a non-shipper write the post-shippiest-episode-of-them-all novel.

Comment

Lol, that's pretty cool

Well, if that statement was true, Monica Lewinski would probably still have a job!

(Disclaimer: Not that I'm comparing Sam to her in any way! She's a little bit smarter than that)
                                Ah well... sometimes I wish there was a Japanese remake of the show... because, in Japan, that is usually how relationships start... at the office. Not necessarily between boss and subordinate - but it's not uncommon. And not frowned upon either. Then again, in Japan women usually become housewives once they marry... so... maybe not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X