Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    Really?!? Oh, I really have to start reading those! I already read on the blog of one of the authors on LJ, that they did treat Sam and Jack as a canon couple in that book - meaning, they assumed that they had a relationship without overly addressing it much. So that sparked my curiosity... and what you described just now would just make it perfect.
    the legacy series was the first official novels i read (someone recced it to me b/c of my sam and s/j love). i was sooo happy with the series!!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

So I just started reading the new official sg1 novel 'Two Roads', and I'll worn u guys right now it has Sam thinking about why she broke up with Pete... And not one mention of her feelings for Jack!!

Every novel I've read was reviewed by someone else first, except this one. Sam's feelings for Jack *was* one of the reasons she broke it off with the cop. It's canon.

I'll keep u updated.

(Hard to rant type on an iPhone )
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        So I just started reading the new official sg1 novel 'Two Roads', and I'll worn u guys right now it has Sam thinking about why she broke up with Pete... And not one mention of her feelings for Jack!!

Every novel I've read was reviewed by someone else first, except this one. Sam's feelings for Jack *was* one of the reasons she broke it off with the cop. It's canon.

I'll keep u updated.

Please do keep us updated.
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I'll keep u updated.

Stuff like this is the reason I think Fandemonium novels aren't canon. It's even in the title. It's published fanfics more or less reviewed by some people at MGM. It's not just shipwise, really. A lot of novels seem to get various things wrong from the show.
          My Tumblr.
          My Tumblr Art Blog.
          My Deviantart page.

Comment

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
            Stuff like this is the reason I think Fandemonium novels aren't canon. It's even in the title. It's published fanfics more or less reviewed by some people at MGM. It's not just shipwise, really. A lot of novels seem to get various things wrong from the show.
            they aren't canon, but with the sga legacy series, they 'changed' things, altered canon, and only mgm could allow that to happen. so maybe they're going to do two types of novels now? or maybe it's just sga novels?

i'm not going to officially review this novel on amazon dot com, but here, i'll make some comments. aside from the 'no jack' comment i made earlier, i'm going to carefully comment without giving away spoilers.

i'm skip reading like crazy, b/c i'm not interested in vala whatsoever. i'm skipping to sam parts, but i'm not all that thrilled with the writing in her parts. there's a scene between sam and daniel that i thought seriously needed more inflection, but it was just words without the feeling behind it.

i don't know if i stated that right. i might not be very good at writing, but i know what's good when i'm reading, and i've read some fantastic fanfiction authors that i've felt are better than some of the 'professional' ones i've read.

the author of 'two roads' told me there was a little shippy-ish tidbit at the end of the book, so i went and checked it out. if a person didn't know the 'who' sam was referring to, the reader wouldn't know it. it's very subtle.

but i'm still irked by the way that 'sam thinking about why she broke up with pete' part was written. i might not like pete, but if i'd wrote it out (and was the professional writer doing it), i would have stuck to canon and mentioned *sam's* feelings and motivations in the matter, not my own biased s/j leanings.

there's being subtle, and there's ignoring.

i will say this... i know that fandemonium has to write for all the fans, and i think they're doing a great job! but if you're going to write from the canon of the series, then do it without bias.

now i'll wait for the next 'legacy' book (there's 2 more coming ), and the 'hostile ground' novel(s?).

and hope for some s/j juiciness too!!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Looks like Amanda's going to do more directing -

Strange Empire and Olympus - a canadian/british co-production

Comment

they aren't canon, but with the sga legacy series, they 'changed' things, altered canon, and only mgm could allow that to happen. so maybe they're going to do two types of novels now? or maybe it's just sga novels?

i'm not going to officially review this novel on amazon dot com, but here, i'll make some comments. aside from the 'no jack' comment i made earlier, i'm going to carefully comment without giving away spoilers.

i'm skip reading like crazy, b/c i'm not interested in vala whatsoever. i'm skipping to sam parts, but i'm not all that thrilled with the writing in her parts. there's a scene between sam and daniel that i thought seriously needed more inflection, but it was just words without the feeling behind it.

i don't know if i stated that right. i might not be very good at writing, but i know what's good when i'm reading, and i've read some fantastic fanfiction authors that i've felt are better than some of the 'professional' ones i've read.

the author of 'two roads' told me there was a little shippy-ish tidbit at the end of the book, so i went and checked it out. if a person didn't know the 'who' sam was referring to, the reader wouldn't know it. it's very subtle.

but i'm still irked by the way that 'sam thinking about why she broke up with pete' part was written. i might not like pete, but if i'd wrote it out (and was the professional writer doing it), i would have stuck to canon and mentioned *sam's* feelings and motivations in the matter, not my own biased s/j leanings.

there's being subtle, and there's ignoring.

i will say this... i know that fandemonium has to write for all the fans, and i think they're doing a great job! but if you're going to write from the canon of the series, then do it without bias.

now i'll wait for the next 'legacy' book (there's 2 more coming ), and the 'hostile ground' novel(s?).

and hope for some s/j juiciness too!!
                I agree with your last part. To me, Sam/Jack is also canon. It was established that they have feelings for each other, and I think it was pretty clear that they still had those feelings after "Threads" and that this was part of the reason why Sam broke up with Pete. The only thing that is not canon is when they got together... I would even say THAT they got together is canon, because of several hints as well as the deleted Trio scene. It might have been deleted, but it was part of the original script... so...

I know, there are some Sam/Jack haters out there, but the show clearly established them as having romantic feelings for each other, and as a creative team you will never make everybody happy! So why not stick to what was established? Besides, I think an overwhelming majority either shipped them or was at least okay with them.

Also, I skipped to the S/J fishing scene in the 6th Legacy book that you mentioned and...
                Spoiler:
                WOW!!! Carter's pun there is pretty explicit! I almost choked and spew coffee all over my tablet!

"Yeah, but not many guys can say they've dipped their pole where you have." HOLY HANNAH!!! And Jack's reaction to it! "I can't believe you just said that." And yeah... we all know Sam wasn't talking about fishing but 'fishing' there...

So glad you recommended that! Now I'll have to read the books up to that scene... and I hope for more shippiness.
                sigpic

Comment

The only thing that is not canon is when they got together... I would even say THAT they got together is canon, because of several hints as well as the deleted Trio scene. It might have been deleted, but it was part of the original script... so...
                  there were too many hints to think otherwise, especially in the atlantis episodes, and that's not including that deleted scene.

i still would have preferred a clear and precise confirmation of their togetherness, but unless you're ignoring things, the least one can take from the hints are that they're in a quasi-relationship and are merely waiting for one or the other to retire. but either way, they made a commitment to each other, and we saw it in the infirmary scene in 'threads'.

Also, I skipped to the S/J fishing scene in the 6th Legacy book that you mentioned and...
                  Spoiler:
                  WOW!!! Carter's pun there is pretty explicit! I almost choked and spew coffee all over my tablet!

"Yeah, but not many guys can say they've dipped their pole where you have." HOLY HANNAH!!! And Jack's reaction to it! "I can't believe you just said that." And yeah... we all know Sam wasn't talking about fishing but 'fishing' there...

So glad you recommended that! Now I'll have to read the books up to that scene... and I hope for more shippiness.
                  the legacy series had THE best ship!! D
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

so if i might share this new stargate movie idea here? it's too almost anti tv franchise outside of this thread , so...

i'll put it in spoiler tags, b/c it's too long -

Spoiler:

i had an idea for the new stargate movie...

it starts off at the sgc, with our sam sitting at the stargate activation station (whatever it's called). sgt harriman says her name, but she ignores it, and suddenly remembers that SHE is general o'neill! harriman asks her if the name or title is what she's not used to, and she says she's had the name for a while now and is used to it (so it's 'general' she's not used to).

so they start some experiment that's going to harness the sun's energy (to help bring back the denstiny ship as a shortcut), but very quickly, the energy is building up and sam realizes this and calls for an abort. everyone steps away from the computers (that are sparking), and an energy wave goes through the computers and complex. sam says that was close.

general landry comes in (he's packing his office) and asks what just happened. sam says a shockwave was emmited and 'bla bla technobabble'. landry asks if that wave will effect them. sam says no, but that the wave will go into another universe, an alternate reality universe. landry asks if it will destroy this universe, and sam says no, but it'll hurt...

the camera will focus on sam's reaction to the comment, and then pan down to sam's hands on the computer.

and then the hands change, and the camera pans up to another woman sitting at a computer station.

someone calls her name, dr sam carter, but she ignores it, until she suddenly realizes that it's HER that's being talked to. she appologizes, and the scientist that called her name asks if it's the name or title that confused her. sam says the name, seeing as she hasn't been a carter in years. she got used to being o'neill...

we find out that this sam carter recently divorsed jack o'neill. they'd worked together on a project to install an all-solar energy setup on the international space station, and it's sister station that's under the ocean.

but then a shockwave comes through the complex, and sam and the others step back quickly.

that's as far as i've gotten, but it would be the beginning of this alternate reality discovering that they have a stargate on their planet... and then all heck starts breaking loose.

but during the movie(s), sam and jack would be brought back together.

sally

sigpic

Comment

i found my 'trio' dialog on my computer! (i like having it to read)

-via joe mallozzi's blog-

Carter: So…you seeing anyone?

Keller: What?

Carter: Around the base, you seeing anyone?

Keller: I dunno…I had a moment with - with this…guy. He’s not exactly easy to read so…I guess the short answer is “no”. You?

Carter: Well, I’m the boss, so I can’t really…

Keller: Right Anyone back home?

Carter: Uhm…

Keller: Un-huh, I thought so. Give it up.

Carter: Well, it’s complicated.

Keller: Show me a relationship that isn’t.

Carter: He’s in Washington…I’m here.

Keller: Ouch. Long distance relationship.

Carter: He’s going to retire soon, so maybe -

Keller: Really! Retire? So…an older man, huh?

Carter: Not that much older.

Keller: Washington, older man…is he like a Senator or something? Someone famous? Would I know him?

Carter: Probably not.

*sighs *
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Spoiler:

*spews tea over iPad* Holy Hannah! Can't believe Sam said that!! Go Sam! and good on her for reminding Jack what a catch she is (pun intended lol). Then again, General aside, he's pretty smoking too so fair game I suppose.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's the legacy series (so I can go and read it ASAP!)?

Also, I don't think fishing was ever just fishing with those two from the moment he called her snookums in "Nemesis". I almost would have liked to have seen Hammond's face if she's finished the "yasureyabetcha!" Line when she was going up the ramp with Thor (who *so* knows btw! why else would he respond with "O'Neill is a competent warrior" when she said she was distracted on the Beliskner?)
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                          *spews tea over iPad* Holy Hannah! Can't believe Sam said that!! Go Sam! and good on her for reminding Jack what a catch she is (pun intended lol). Then again, General aside, he's pretty smoking too so fair game I suppose.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, what's the legacy series (so I can go and read it ASAP!)?

Also, I don't think fishing was ever just fishing with those two from the moment he called her snookums in "Nemesis". I almost would have liked to have seen Hammond's face if she's finished the "yasureyabetcha!" Line when she was going up the ramp with Thor (who *so* knows btw! why else would he respond with "O'Neill is a competent warrior" when she said she was distracted on the Beliskner?)
                          The Legacy series is six books describing Atlantis' return to the Pegasus Galaxy and everything that happens to them for the next couple of years. Sam has a big part in the books, and Jack is too, though not as much as Sam. There are some new characters and some very interesting happenings to various people in the series. I thought the series was quite good. Plus, there are two new books in the series coming soon.

You can get the ebooks on Barnes & Noble, amazon.com and Crossroads Press, as well as Fandemonium Stargate Novels.

Comment

you're not an idiot!

it's stargate atlantis 6 book series called the 'legacy series'.

here's the links from the stargate official novel website:

http://stargatenovels.com/sga-16_Sta...mecoming.shtml

http://stargatenovels.com/sga-17-Sta...The-Lost.shtml

http://stargatenovels.com/STARGATE-A...Legacy-3.shtml

http://stargatenovels.com/sga-19-Sta...e-Furies.shtml

http://stargatenovels.com/SGA-20-Sta...-Secrets.shtml

http://stargatenovels.com/SGA-21-Sta...heritors.shtml

i got all the book for my kindle from amazon, though. so quick and easy.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Any books that are shippier than others?
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Thanks Any books that are shippier than others?
                                i can't remember.

those were my first books, and then i read all the rest of the sg1 novels.
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X