Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ajay View Post
    Maybe your urge to write and mine are on the same planet. Looking up at the sky and laughing at us. :/

Comment

Oy! When I said I wanted to spend some quality time with my husband I didn't realize that quality time would be spent clearing 4 inches of water out of our basement! All I could think of as I was wringing water out of the once clean laundry was how I would so rather be watching Stargate

Can't wait till tomorrow...what a way to get a day off!
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

My muse just took a vacation, but came back long enough to finish this chapter:

"What To Expect When You're Not Expecting" -- Chapter 4

*lurks at work*

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Sometimes having active muses can be a pain.
          I'm too busy to really catch up on the thread, but I'd argue that having inactive muses is even more of a pain. I'm so not inspired to do anything right now.
          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
            I'm too busy to really catch up on the thread, but I'd argue that having inactive muses is even more of a pain. I'm so not inspired to do anything right now.
            I'm letting another plot bunny loose in the form of a story in the Thor fandom.
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Lol, I love in "Holiday" when Daniel tells Jack that he wouldn't let him near his sister if he had one. Cut to Sam and Jack's reactions - Jack immediately looks sideways at Sam, lowering his chin to avoid catching her eye but it's too late - she's already noticed. He looks like a kicked puppy

Sam bites her lip to keep from laughing and then they both shrug as if to say "fair enough".

Given that Sam is the closest thing to a sister that he has, the look on Jack's face is *very* telling!
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                On paper: one. In my head: at least another two.

I'm still working on my frustrated "lose the cliches!" fic by writing a Doric-speaking Scotsman into a fic without him being a kilt-wearing whiskey distiller who says "aye" every other word (mostly because I know Doric, I can't say the same for Gaelic or Irishmen lol). A certain famous real-life Mancunian rock star quantum physicist makes an appearance too. It's almost there but I'm setting it during/around Threads so I'm just working on the Sam/Jack stuff to end it.
                If he was a kilt-wearing distiller, it would be whisky (Scotch) he's making. Whiskey is Irish.
                Anyway, I can't wait to read this fic., especially if you have Professor Brian Cox in it. It sounds like it will be a hoot.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  If he was a kilt-wearing distiller, it would be whisky (Scotch) he's making. Whiskey is Irish.
                  Anyway, I can't wait to read this fic., especially if you have Professor Brian Cox in it. It sounds like it will be a hoot.
                  Wow, thanks Bev, I never knew that! Lol you might be one of the few people who will be able to understand the Doric in the fic, I think I'm going to put a Doric to English dictionary in the author's note at the top just in case!

BTW I'm watching D&C. I haven't seen it in about 6 years and Jack's killing me here! Three words: Pile.Of.Goo. Seriously I'm melting to a pile of mush, he's adorable!

Comment

The Inevitable Evolution of Sam and Jack's Sleeping Positions by iblamethenubbins has been nominated for a 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Award in Best Hand Drawn!

Five Nights in Nottingham by bluemoonmaverick has been nominated in Best Comedy:

Harry Maybourne (a.k.a. King Arkhan) has gone missing in the mythical Sherwood Forest, and it's up to SG-1 to find him and the ancient treasure he is seeking. Jack and Sam struggle with their increasingly complicated feelings for each other along way. Action and adventure! Humor and romance! Men in tights? This one has it all!

Remember, if you want to share/write a brief (or long) review about any of the nominated fics, art or vids to be posted on our blog [to promote said fic/art/vid] please let me know via PM!

Last edited by fems; 13 May 2014, 12:21 PM. Reason: forgot the link... :o
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      The Inevitable Evolution of Sam and Jack's Sleeping Positions by iblamethenubbins has been nominated for a 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Award in Best Hand Drawn!
                      This whole Cliché series is hilarious. Each fanfic cliché neatly summed up in cartoon format. Kind of educational... in an odd way.

Comment

Oh my, that was hilarious! I've never seen those before! They kinda reminded me of those books you get as a teen about the birds and the bees lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          it would be terrific, but isn't Jack an English major? Science isn't really is strong suit.
                          Yeah, but humor (occasionally suggestive humor) is very much his strong suit.
                          *humming "Sit on my face and tell me that you love me..." *

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I live in the Fluff Clouds, with a smidge of gutter and half a smidge of angst.
                          Hey! Howdy neighbor!

Originally posted by Britta View Post
                          The cold shippers craving the warmth of official confirmation.
                          Indeed.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                          The Worst Idea by VGWrighte has been nominated for a 2014 Sam and Jack Multimedia Award in the category Best Comedy!

It was undoubtedly the worst idea they had ever had. Sam and Daniel friendship.
                          Oooo...one of my favorites!!

I started another one nearly a year ago, and since then the urge to write seemed to have gated through to another planet and abandoned me.

I wish I could help...

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          Just popping in to say "Hey!"
                          *smother-hugs Lucy*
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I started another one nearly a year ago, and since then the urge to write seemed to have gated through to another planet and abandoned me.
                            I can relate totally! I've gotten notes from some very helpful people on how to continue (and finish) my story, but it just seems like I don't have time to work on it. I just need to make it a priority, and maybe work on it on my lunch...

Comment

I just reached Major a few posts ago so I'm posting something I made from the scene where Sam got promoted to Major.

It's not much but it was mostly an experiment in blending. I learnt techniques that were very useful in making my new signature.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Nicely done, Britta! I'm always so impressed with the things you guys can do!
                                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X