X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post

1) When Carter says “Sir”
    10 push-ups
    Oh boy... that's ambitious! It's gonna be one hell of a push-up count for every single episode. Doesn't she say 'Sir' almost every second sentence?
    sigpic

Comment

I just finished watching Allegiance. I'll start the exercise regime after watching that episode. Jack was barking out orders so often I would've been doing burpees for 43 minutes. And I really really hate burpees.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
        Oh boy... that's ambitious! It's gonna be one hell of a push-up count for every single episode. Doesn't she say 'Sir' almost every second sentence?
        Is it really that much? Well I'll find out when I start tomorrow lol!

Originally posted by ajay View Post
        I just finished watching Allegiance. I'll start the exercise regime after watching that episode. Jack was barking out orders so often I would've been doing burpees for 43 minutes. And I really really hate burpees.
        Yup, me too! Maybe avoid any episode where he's in a bad mood (like Red Sky/Proving Ground etc.!) lol
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I just googled "burpee", and wonder if there's another exercise we can substitute. I'm pretty sure ... no, I'm 150% sure that I'd hurt myself trying to do that one.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I just googled "burpee", and wonder if there's another exercise we can substitute. I'm pretty sure ... no, I'm 150% sure that I'd hurt myself trying to do that one.
            Lol! yeh burpees suck, big time. You could do lunges instead. If you want to make it a bit tougher, do jumping lunges.

Comment

Just reading about that workout is enough to make me tired!

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Lol!

Here's a quick one-shot I wrote after a conversation in the rare pairings thread:

"Seeing Red"

One-shot (set during Season 10): Ba'al is made to help SG-1 for a second time, but some thoughts are best kept to oneself. Implied S/J.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10351880/1/Seeing-Red

Hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                  Sure, feel free to amend as necessary!

Comment

Nice work!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Damn that is great idea...but I am torn between exercising and enjoying my new DVDs I got to birthday

We should come up with the plan for starters. I think it would kill me to do 10 push-ups...repeatedly ... out of blue
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                        OK, so on my quest to get in shape (and watch as many Stargate re-runs as I can) I've devised a plan based on a hilarious movie workout website I found. Here it is:

Stargate Workout!!!

1) When Carter says “Sir”
                        10 push-ups

2) When Jack says “For Cryin’ Out Loud”
                        10 sit-ups

3) When Teal’c says “Indeed”
                        20 squats

4) When Daniel argues about the cultural significance of something/someone
                        30 second plank

5) Jack makes Sam laugh/smile
                        10 jumping jacks

6) S/J significant look/moment
                        20 crunches

7) S/J hug/touching
                        Plank for 20 seconds

8) When Janet appears
                        10 shoulder rotations

9) When Jack/Hammond gives an order/shouts at someone
                        DROP AND GIVE ME 20 (burpees), AIRMAN!

And finally…

10) S/J kiss
                        Run around the room waving your arms and squeeing!
                        Not sure I'd get all those done within one episode, considering how many times some of these occur
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

My thought was that to start, do the exercise when the event first occurs but don't repeat if the event happens again while you are still doing the exercise. For example, Carter says "sir", do 10 pushups. If she says "sir" again and you haven't finished your pushups then don't worry about doing 10 more. When you've finished, wait for the next event (eg a longing look, do 10 crunches).
                          This way you can exercise at your own pace. Even if it takes you the whole episode to do the pushups, at least it's 10 more pushups than you would've done!

And if you want to make it really tough, pause the episode after each event, do the exercise then restart it ready for the next one.

Comment

My thought was that to start, do the exercise when the event first occurs but don't repeat if the event happens again while you are still doing the exercise. For example, Carter says "sir", do 10 pushups. If she says "sir" again and you haven't finished your pushups then don't worry about doing 10 more. When you've finished, wait for the next event (eg a longing look, do 10 crunches).
                            This way you can exercise at your own pace. Even if it takes you the whole episode to do the pushups, at least it's 10 more pushups than you would've done!

And if you want to make it really tough, pause the episode after each event, do the exercise then restart it ready for the next one.
                            That's actually a really good idea!
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Wow you actually thought it through. I am starting ASAP I get home from work!!! Printing the manual right now
                              sigpic

Comment

You'd probably do more pausing than actually watching the episode! I guess the workout would be good for the boring/uninteresting episodes, though.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X