Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    i don't think it was just the ptb that didn't really want to resolve/confirm s/j, but amanda and rick too. amanda's recent comment ("It was very smart on the part of the writers. making these hints, yet not showing it clearly on screen.") and rick's 'whatever' attitude...

((()))
    Agree. People forget that Rick was an executive producer on SG-1 until season 8 so he had a lot of clut - he could have gotten anything if he truly wanted it, but I always viewed his attitude toward the ship as "laissez-faire"

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      The Best of the Ship is . . .

XF (see my nickname)

Spoiler:

Though I didn't like the case of the movie, I really liked the moments between them.
      Btw did you all forget the longggg kiss of IWTB?
      The whole film after that though felt very much like the spark had completely gone. Scully seemed annoyed the whole film and Mulder just didn't seem to care. So sad for my (first ever and second favourite) ship.

Jack: "C'mere."(2)
      ^
      vs.

Jack: "Always." (4)

Because if I were Sam and he said "C'mere" the way he did, I'm pretty sure I would've said "screw the regs" (and his bruised ribs) and jumped him right there in his quarters!
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(3)

vs.

The way he says it and the hug that never fails to follow just make me melt... *shippy sigh*

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(4)

vs.

I'm maintaining my vote for C'mere and the reason. The certainty Jack has that things will just be better - for her or for him - if he can just hold her in his arms. That's like super-ship, if you ask me!
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(5)

vs.

Because I love that hug, it was so not the hug of people who are just friends.
            sigpic

Comment

Phew, out sick for one day and you miss a lot! Drats!

Jack: "C'mere."(5)

vs.

I know this one's gonna be neck and neck anyways, and I love them both, but the "C'mere" is so awesome because it happened when Carter was feeling like crap, for whatever reason (super soldier, Janet and Jack's near-death, Jacob on his deathbed) and Jack did not have to respond that way. But the instant he said it, Sam always melted into him. She knew he was safe. A nuclear bomb couldn't dislodge them.

And it will make me melt til the end of time.

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(6)

vs.

Appearances may be deceiving.
                One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                Never run with... scissors?

Comment

So I wrote this. Theoretically, this could be that "dinner confirmation" scene from SG:Revolution that we never got but I hope this kind of makes up for it a little bit.

Spoiler:
                  At a nice restaurant in DC, Samantha Carter walked in the front doors, eyes roaming the seated patrons for a recognizable face. She saw two just as the hostess walked up to her. "I'm meeting someone, thanks," Sam said, swiftly maneuvering around the front desk to the table where Daniel Jackson and Teal'c sat.

Despite their day jobs, they cleaned up nice. Both wore suit jackets, button up shirts, and matching slacks. Teal'c's forehead tattoo was covered by a dark beret, which Sam had to admit, made him look pretty good.

She smiled as she tapped the archeologist on the shoulder. "Is this seat taken?"

"Sam!" Daniel cried, standing to give her a hug.

She grinned and hugged him back.

Then Teal'c stood and did his customary half-bow. "Colonel Carter."

"Teal'c," she chided, tilting her head.

He smiled, then opened his arms as well. "I am pleased to see you. It has been too long since our last meal."

"Indeed," Sam replied excitedly, sitting down and placing the napkin in her lap.

As the men took their seats, Daniel craned his head. "Now if Jack would just show up on time."

"Is O'Neill arriving soon?"

Sam held up a hand. "Jack will be here soon. Got stuck in a late meeting at the Pentagon."

Before her hand dropped, Daniel reached out and grabbed it.

Two silver bands reflected the accent lighting above them.

Daniel raised an eyebrow, trying not to smile. "It's official?"

"Daniel, you know full well that it's been 'official' for years. But yes, I've started wearing my ring. More people know than not. It's not something that we want – or need – to hide."

Teal'c examined the ring and gave it an approving nod. "O'Neill chose well."

"Well, it was more like he told me to make the rings indestructible—"

"Wait, you made the rings?" Daniel asked, interrupting.

She nodded. "They're made out of trinium."

"How did you manage that?"

Sam shrugged. "As the new head of the SGC will tell you, I have my ways."

"Yeah, I heard that Landry was finally retiring – wait, who's the new head of the SGC?"

"Brigadier General Samantha Carter," a voice announced from behind them, causing them all to turn.

Major General Jack O'Neill unbuttoned his blue jacket and draped it over the back of his chair, then leaned over and gave Sam a quick kiss on the cheek. "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"No problem," she whispered back with a smile, then turned to the bewildered faces of their former teammates.

Teal'c, of course, was the first to respond. "Congratulations on your promotion, General Carter."

"Thanks, T," she replied, grinning.

Daniel sat slack-jawed for a second until Jack tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, Danny boy, stop drooling. They don't serve dogs here."

"Yeah, sorry," he said, sitting straight in his seat. "Wow, that's … that's awesome, Sam. Congratulations."

"That's why we're having dinner. To celebrate Carter being your new boss." Jack tossed a wink at his wife and she shook her head.

"You're terrible."

"So wait, this means you're moving back to Colorado Springs?"

"Yep."

"Both of us."

"Wait, what?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Carter's promotion isn't the only thing we're celebrating. After a glorious twenty year career of saving the planet, I have retired."

All of them, even Sam, gave him a doubtful glare.

"No, I actually mean it this time!"

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(7)

vs.

sigpic
                    Sig made by Nola
                    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      So I wrote this. Theoretically, this could be that "dinner confirmation" scene from SG:Revolution that we never got but I hope this kind of makes up for it a little bit.

Spoiler:
                      At a nice restaurant in DC, Samantha Carter walked in the front doors, eyes roaming the seated patrons for a recognizable face. She saw two just as the hostess walked up to her. "I'm meeting someone, thanks," Sam said, swiftly maneuvering around the front desk to the table where Daniel Jackson and Teal'c sat.

Despite their day jobs, they cleaned up nice. Both wore suit jackets, button up shirts, and matching slacks. Teal'c's forehead tattoo was covered by a dark beret, which Sam had to admit, made him look pretty good.

She smiled as she tapped the archeologist on the shoulder. "Is this seat taken?"

"Sam!" Daniel cried, standing to give her a hug.

She grinned and hugged him back.

Then Teal'c stood and did his customary half-bow. "Colonel Carter."

"Teal'c," she chided, tilting her head.

He smiled, then opened his arms as well. "I am pleased to see you. It has been too long since our last meal."

"Indeed," Sam replied excitedly, sitting down and placing the napkin in her lap.

As the men took their seats, Daniel craned his head. "Now if Jack would just show up on time."

"Is O'Neill arriving soon?"

Sam held up a hand. "Jack will be here soon. Got stuck in a late meeting at the Pentagon."

Before her hand dropped, Daniel reached out and grabbed it.

Two silver bands reflected the accent lighting above them.

Daniel raised an eyebrow, trying not to smile. "It's official?"

"Daniel, you know full well that it's been 'official' for years. But yes, I've started wearing my ring. More people know than not. It's not something that we want – or need – to hide."

Teal'c examined the ring and gave it an approving nod. "O'Neill chose well."

"Well, it was more like he told me to make the rings indestructible—"

"Wait, you made the rings?" Daniel asked, interrupting.

She nodded. "They're made out of trinium."

"How did you manage that?"

Sam shrugged. "As the new head of the SGC will tell you, I have my ways."

"Yeah, I heard that Landry was finally retiring – wait, who's the new head of the SGC?"

"Brigadier General Samantha Carter," a voice announced from behind them, causing them all to turn.

Major General Jack O'Neill unbuttoned his blue jacket and draped it over the back of his chair, then leaned over and gave Sam a quick kiss on the cheek. "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"No problem," she whispered back with a smile, then turned to the bewildered faces of their former teammates.

Teal'c, of course, was the first to respond. "Congratulations on your promotion, General Carter."

"Thanks, T," she replied, grinning.

Daniel sat slack-jawed for a second until Jack tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, Danny boy, stop drooling. They don't serve dogs here."

"Yeah, sorry," he said, sitting straight in his seat. "Wow, that's … that's awesome, Sam. Congratulations."

"That's why we're having dinner. To celebrate Carter being your new boss." Jack tossed a wink at his wife and she shook her head.

"You're terrible."

"So wait, this means you're moving back to Colorado Springs?"

"Yep."

"Both of us."

"Wait, what?"

Teal'c raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Carter's promotion isn't the only thing we're celebrating. After a glorious twenty year career of saving the planet, I have retired."

All of them, even Sam, gave him a doubtful glare.

"No, I actually mean it this time!"
                      Can't green you, but this is excellent

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        Can't green you, but this is excellent
                        Thanks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Thanks!!!
                          Gave you green for that! Nice job!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Gave you green for that! Nice job!
                            Thanks, appreciate it!

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(8)

vs.

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Jack: "C'mere."(8)

vs.

Jack: "Always." (5)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X