Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    No worries, LCJS, I'll read your future fic. You've owned up and taken flak, now you know what's appropriate and not. I really liked the baseball angle so maybe you can write your own original baseball themed S/J fic.

Something to think about.
    I agree with this, i think it was a good S/J story idea.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      RDA has been my celeb crush since I was 13 (12 years - along with the Calling singer Alex Band - I have varied taste in men lol, they couldn't be any more different looks-wise!) he holds a special place in my heart lol!
      I started following RDA when he was on General Hospital, when I was about 7 or 8.

Aye! I like older men lol
      Me too! Which is hard at my age, because of what I still want to do in my family life. Oh, well!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        7- (wake me when i care)

When rating Daniel's hotness are we talking about season 1 naive Daniel or the later seasons GI Daniel?

Comment

Aye! I like older men lol
          Same here!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          i want to state for the record that what i did was wrong and inappropriate and just plain wrong and i am truly and deeply sorry. i hope you can one day you can put your faith in me and trust me again.
          Sorry, not me. I'm too wary about it now and the fact that you've pulled down your other stories except one one-shot makes me wonder if those others were also plagiarized.

It doesn't help that you only "confessed" after Amara caught you and even then you made it sound like it was a coincidence the two stories were alike. It was only because of reading Amara's earlier post that I knew it was actually plagiarism and not what you made it sound like. Then, after that came to light you were very dismissive about it and basically shrugged it off with "I learned my lesson", which is probably to actually read through your copied version to get all the nicknames out too considering your attitude towards it. Perhaps even under a different account.

On top of that you only "confessed" here in the appreciation thread where there might be, what, a dozen people who've read the plagiarized story? What about all the other people on FFnet and AO3 who will now be wondering what happened to
          the story they had been reading and probably enjoying? I think they deserve an explanation and apology too, not to mention the original author whose work you stole.

Your actions (and attitude about plagiarizing) have also made me wonder about what people might be doing to my stories and ones I like to read in other fandoms. For some strange reason I thought behavior like this didn't really happen in the Stargate fandom, as there are rarely problems there nowadays when compared to some of the more "popular" fandoms on FFnet. I'm very disappointed to find out I was wrong and that you're acting so cavalier about it. Do you have any idea of how much time and effort a lot of people put into plotting and writing their fanfiction?! Of course you don't, otherwise you would have written something on your own rather than stealing someone else's hard work. The reason most of us do it is because we love the show/book(s) and because of our active imagination we come up with events of our own, which we then write down in every spare hour we can find in our busy lives to share with other fans.

Heck, I spent more time giving you feedback than you did on the entire story! Even writing this post probably took longer than it did for you to ctrl+f and replace the names of the original fanfic, all the while pretending you were writing it yourself (and even mentioning here that you were writing next chapters etc) and taking credit for it. Same for the person (ikorni?) who made a wonderful banner to accompany "your" story! And all those other people who read and reviewed it!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          I thought I was the only one who felt that way!

RDA as Jack for me all the way.
          Nope! Glad to know I'm not alone in my opinion of them!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Y.../1x01_0334.jpg

Originally posted by Indigo View Post
          Owned up?

More like got caught undeniably red-handed. Then since the person who caught them wasn't tattling with details, tried to pass it off as a coincidental similarity rather than deliberate plagiarism.

Unless LCJS has been living in a deep, dark cave and not yet managed to graduate from the second grade, he/she already knew that plagiarism was not appropriate. The only thing that he/she knows now that he/she didn't know before is that one must be careful when copying a story is to read carefully after running the search and replace to make sure that all instances of names/nicknames were actually caught so as not to twig anyone's suspicions and send them Googling. He/she may not be brave enough to try this here again (after all, there are sure to be people Googling anything fics he/she claims to have authored for a long, long time), but he she most likely did this because he/she likes the attention the popular fic writers get, and dollars to donuts, he she will try this again somplace else or with a different user name or in a different fandom.

Whatever, it's fanfiction, not a bank heist, and no one got hurt. I'm not interested in starting a federal case, just wanted to point out that a "sincere" apology doesn't sound all that sincere when it comes after first attempting to pass it off as a coincidence/accident in seeming hope that no one else will use word "plagiarism." It's like my four year old: despite his tearful apology, he wasn't actually sorry for cutting the hair off his sister's cabbage patch, he was just sorry for getting caught. The next time he did it (about two days later), he made sure to put the scissors away and hide the yarn/hair in the hopes that no one would notice the haircut since the last time it was the pile of yarn and scissors in the middle of the floor that caused his sister to first sound the alarm.
          Yes, this.

ETA:

"LCJS's" fic has also been removed from the Sam/Jack AU fic list and under the circumstances I will not be adding any of his future fics there either, considering he had the nerve to approach me via PM to ask me to add it there in the first place. I don't handle such deception lightly and do not want to be part of spreading any future plagiarized stories either.
          Last edited by Skydiver; 02 July 2013, 04:41 PM.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Look I royally screwed up alright. i know that and you know that and im paying for it but will you folks please give me a second chance? please?

Comment

I had The Nox on earlier and Sam checked Jacks 'wound' very carefully.
                Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                  I had The Nox on earlier and Sam checked Jacks 'wound' very carefully.
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Thanks for the pic spam

I was wondering, how many times do we see Sam and Jack act jealous of the other's admirers?

Sam:

rants about Hathor in the first ep
                    turns away from Jack and Laira in 100 Days
                    asks Jack "... Who was that?" In Threads *chuckles* sam's jeeeealous!

Jack:

telling Martouf to back off Sam on the way to Netu
                    not-so-subtly eyeballing Joe flirting up a storm with Sam in 2010 - Jack's worried!
                    "Humming!"
                    ignoring Bra'tac and watching Sam on the phone with (I love that Spud obviously says "I love you" and she glances to Jack and replies "yeah... Me too")

Any others?

Comment

vids made for me back then

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Btw here's a link to a cute music vid I found on yt. It's set to the song "Say" by John Mayer

Take a look at this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/KDiih93QuU8

Comment

Thanks, Fems, I totally forgot about Jack's little hissy fit over Sam working with Colson - I mean, come on! He wasn't exactly hot stuff!

Now with Martouf I could see why he'd be jealous!

The idea of Sam doing stuff with Pete grossed me out, I can't imagine how Jack felt in the elevator (besides him probably wanting to slam her up against the wall and give her a better reason to be humming lol!)

Comment

Actually, I think I'd prefer Colson over Martouf... both looks- and personality-wise.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Lol he reminds me too much of a stuffy Conservative Etonian British politician (probably because in RL he pretty much is!) There are very few actors with accents similar to his that I can stand, Patrick Stewart being one and Tom "Loki" Hiddleston the other. Don't ask me why because I'm not sure myself, I'm just a bit odd that way

Comment

Working...
                                X