Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I didn't know that about Alias, by the way. Would never have guessed from some of the fantastical story lines they use there, ha. Kind of embarrassing to know the CIA/Pentagon were involved with some of it and presumably approved stuff, in my opinion.
    Well, Alias was foremost a mystery show, which is probably why. But then again, the shows by J.J.Abrams are kind of 'special' anyway if you ask me. I have never seen any other writer/producer pull so much -um- stuff out of his behind to make it work, or bring back characters that he had killed off just a season before. (Clones? Really?)
    And LOST in itself seems to be a crack-induced fantasy world that is filled with inconsistencies and completely fails to give any kind of reasonable explanation in the end - which makes philosophers go wild about it, but if you ask me, the writers just didn't have a plan where to go, and so they just went with what they liked at that moment. That goes for both, LOST and Alias.

However, Garner's portrayal as tough agend Bristow was outstanding in their eyes - she was pretty hard-assed too. Although frankly, I still don't get how that character didn't suffer a nervous breakdown after 2 seasons into the show at the latest. No person can go through that much stuff and remain sane and reliable as a field officer. But as I said, it's mystery, and it's J.J.Abrams, so... *shrugs*
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
      I guess one could argue that he never would have made it out alive anyway since the countdown had about a minute and a half left, if I'm not mistaken. Well, that is assuming the explosion they had been expecting would have taken out the entire ship in one go, but for some reason it was delayed or perhaps it were the actual force shields that kept it contained for a bit and then (upon malfunctioning) allowed them to escape alive.
      I actually thought it was the initial C4 explosion that knocked out the shields and allowed them to escape in the first place (possibly why they didn't feature to me as the most immediate danger ). I'm going to have to go and check...

*back from checking*

Oh, when they're planning the mission in lock-up, Sam says that the C4 won't destroy the ship because of its trinium sealed core, but she proposes to plant the C4 in the cooling system and "The core will overheat and explode".

So, the explosives didn't destroy the ship, they just knocked out the cooling system (and conveniently the shields), and then the ship's core overheated, resulting in the final BEEEEEGGGG explosion that destroyed the rest of the ship.
      Last edited by Starship Trooper; 15 August 2013, 07:19 AM. Reason: grammar
      sigpic
      sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
        Well, Alias was foremost a mystery show, which is probably why. But then again, the shows by J.J.Abrams are kind of 'special' anyway if you ask me. I have never seen any other writer/producer pull so much -um- stuff out of his behind to make it work, or bring back characters that he had killed off just a season before. (Clones? Really?)
        And LOST in itself seems to be a crack-induced fantasy world that is filled with inconsistencies and completely fails to give any kind of reasonable explanation in the end - which makes philosophers go wild about it, but if you ask me, the writers just didn't have a plan where to go, and so they just went with what they liked at that moment. That goes for both, LOST and Alias.
        Yeah, I stopped watching Alias for that exact reason. Same for LOST (though I did go back and re-watch all of LOST with hubby when it came up on Netflix because he'd never seen it).

LOST was a real shame. I believe that it was originally written for two seasons only, but because it was so successful in the first, they were asked to stretch it out to seven. You can kinda see that in the pacing of the show.

Anyway! So OT at the moment.

married...
        sigpic
        sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post

I agree that the boundaries gave them a chance to see just how to bring this relationship about. Also, many of the writers and directors have admitted in the DVD commentaries that they didn't want it to turn into the "Jack and Sam Show." So even though some of them come off as total shippers, they are very clear that it was never gonna happen.

I remember seeing the show when it first aired and thinking sometimes "come on, kiss already!" lol, but in the end I'm glad how they played it. For me, part of the excitement of the show was their forbidden feelings. But, as I have said before, after season 8 (the shippiness still being there) they could (should!) have given us something.
          sigpic
          Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

I just hate that, when RDA left the show, they didn't resolve this, because that would have been their perfect window without turning it into the Sam and Jack show. But I think we all have similar feelings about that...
            My thoughts exatly, Kimberley.
            Last edited by ErikaMariia; 15 August 2013, 07:27 AM. Reason: corrected wrong quoting
            sigpic
            Thank you Britta for this lovely picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              wasn't Season 9 supposed to have been season 1 of a "new show" named Stargate Command?
              That idea was tossed around, but I think the network nixed the idea.

Comment

Divide&Conquer
                *shippy sigh*

sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                  Divide&Conquer
                  *shippy sigh*
                  I love your shipper videos, XFchemist!! I was watching a lot of them just yesterday, and you're doing an awesome job!!!

Hey, concerning musicvideos, I was wondering if I could put a request out there for a music video. (Maybe even XFchemist or laci12laci on Youtube?) I have it in my mind - well, basics so to speak - but really, I can't do it. I've tried, and I went nuts over it - it's just not something that I have experience in, or any clue on how to start. So could anybody make a musicvideo to the following song?

In my mind, the story would be something like the entire Pete Triangle after Grace, when Sam decided to marry Pete. The male part would feature the scenes about Jack finding out about it, and the ring scene, etc. The female part (Sam) could then be more focused on Grace, when she kinda said goodbye to Jack in her heart. Well, would be up to the creator of course... it's just my ideas.
                  I know it's a rather fluffy song, so I don't know if that fits anybody's music taste or not. It's a male and female part, and both are essentially expressing the same longing, but don't seem to be able to voice it - I don't know, whenever I listen to that song it just seems so Sam/Jack for me.

I could provide the 320 kbps mp3 or m4a file, since it's probably hard to find, because it was only released on an Asian CD. I'd be willing to offer something in return - I don't know, a story, a photoshop manipulation... name your request (keep it tasteful, though, please).
                  Pleeeeaaase.... anybody?
                  sigpic

Comment

Whilst browsing for S/J fanfic I stumbled across a Jack/Pete fic. It was rated NC-17. And, yes, I just had to check it was what it sounded like because my first response was "surely not?"

I now need to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. Damn curious mind! Who would write that?!
                    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                      Whilst browsing for S/J fanfic I stumbled across a Jack/Pete fic. It was rated NC-17. And, yes, I just had to check it was what it sounded like because my first response was "surely not?"

I now need to gouge my eyes out with a spoon. Damn curious mind! Who would write that?!
                      *presses hand to mouth*

*tries to hold back*

*twitches*

OOOokay... I can't help it, I gotta ask!!!! Was Sam watching at least?
                      sigpic

Comment

*presses hand to mouth*

*tries to hold back*

*twitches*

OOOokay... I can't help it, I gotta ask!!!! Was Sam watching at least?
                        I didn't get that far but I don't think she was there :s I kind of freaked and hit the "back" button repeatedly until it disappeared

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          Beautiful work, XF It will always remain a big mystery to me, how can anyone can claim that there's no chemistry between Sam and Jack...

Oh no, you poor soul - it sounds like you could use some

after that experience!

Comment

That's simultaneously gross and hilarious - also horrific.
                            The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                              That's simultaneously gross and hilarious - also horrific.
                              Indeed, even *if* you like the idea of them, how is anything to do with Pete and nakedness at all appealing?!

Comment

Indeed, even *if* you like the idea of them, how is anything to do with Pete and nakedness at all appealing?!
                                Not to mention highly OOC. Jack didn't even like Pete...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X