Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    Hlndncr, brilliant montage.
    Yes! I tried to green but couldn't.
    The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      Reason I didn't get home until almost 1 am last night:

Spoiler:
      I have a dance class in Alexandria every Wednesday night and then I go out with my friends for a late meal. We have a friend who doesn't have a car so we take turns driving her home. This is not an inconvenience as she live only about 15 min from the restaurant in Rosslyn.

So we are talking in the car (I've just given her S1 Stargate DVDs and she's very excited - new shipper being converted as we speak!) and I get to the light where I'm almost certain it's a right turn toward her apartment, but she says turn left. I'm confused, but figure it's her place, maybe she knows a shortcut.

We promptly end up on the beltway heading across the river toward Andrews AFB. Wrong direction! I get us turned back around and onto a different, slightly longer route to her apt.

Everything is fine until we reach the exit that will take us past the Pentagon parking lot. I over shoot and have to back up on the ramp to avoid actually going into the Pentagon lot (you should never do that, really). There was a security/police car there but thankfully he either didn't spot my highly illegal maneuver or decided it was best that the dippy lady was leaving the area.

So we are heading in the correct direction once again - we think - until we see a sign directing us over the memorial bridge. This is not good. So we swiftly make a left turn and arrive at the Air Force Memorial (very pretty in the moonlight). Are you seeing the pattern here?

We go around the memorial and find our way back to Pentagon Row and Army-Navy Drive. This is great because I used to live in that neighborhood and I finally know where we are. I'm certain that all we have to do is drive forward a couple of blocks and turn right and it will be a straight shot to my friend's house.

She, however, insists we turn left. (Left turn have not been good for us up to this point, I don't know why I would listened to her!) I turn left.

And over the 14th Street bridge into the District. After a quick tour of the Mall, a zip around the Washington Monument, we are on the E Street bridge heading back to Virginia. Once again familiar territory for me as I went to graduate school just down the street.

As we pass the Kennedy Center my friend again points to the left split in the highway. I put my foot down at this point, on the gas and go right. I do know where I am and she's not talking me out of it!

Five minutes later we are at her front door. And that 15 min journey only took a little over an hour.

But that's not all! I can't entirely blame my friend for getting hopelessly lost last night because leaving her place I took another wrong exit (the streets in this area are badly marked and really confusing) and instead of getting on the 66W I ended up on the George Washington Parkway North. Man it dark on that road at night!!

Another detour through McLean and finally I'm home. It's almost 1 am. I fall into bed exhausted.
      Oh my, what a detour! Always trust your own sense of direction

Getting caught up on my drabbles, this one is way over 100 words, but necessary I believe.

In honor of my misadventures last night:

It's Complicated

Spoiler:
      Sam took a commercial flight into Regan and rented a car because she wanted this first visit with Jack since their new arrangement to be nothing but personal.

She hadn’t spent much time in Washington in years, but she had lived here and worked at the Pentagon at one time and was confident she could still navigate her way around.

Wrong turn after wrong turn had her rethinking. Around the Air Force Memorial under construction, past the Marine Corp Memorial, over the bridge; when she spotted the Navy Memorial on Constitution Avenue she decided the universe had a perverse sense of humor.

Turning around on Pennsylvania Avenue she considered stopping at the White House and asking President Hayes for directions.

Finally arriving at the Pentagon parking lot where Jack was waiting, getting into the car he asked, “Why didn’t you let me know your flight had been delayed?”

“It’s complicated,” was her grumbling reply as she followed his directions to a nearby restaurant to begin their romantic weekend.
      I love it when art imitates life

Because I always think there's enough newbies to make the excuse to bring it back year after year, I once again give you . . .

Countdown to Ship Day!
      Absolutely love it, thanks - all I've got left is virtual green

Drabble Prompt #6
      A Moment in Time
      *consults uncle google on the exact meaning of A Moment in Time*

Comment

Can't play but trying to keep up.

**deep breath**

Here's:

Seeking Solace:

A wonder SG-1 slept at night. The worship-seeking Ori preaching conversion or death, were powerful; appeared invincible.

Breathing meant being away from the SGC. On the Washington flight, pretending to be as oblivious as the Earth population, Sam didn’t eat, didn’t call ahead, didn’t think. Once there, she used her key and open invitation. Sam stepped into the bedroom, stripped the unnecessary and got into bed next to the only man capable of making her feel safe.

No questions. Jack pulled Sam into his arms.

“I’m here.”

Sam grabbed on a little tighter, breathed in deeper and confirmed,

“I know.”
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Love it.

Newbie here reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by boogiebus View Post
            Love it.

Newbie here reporting.
            Welcome!!!!

Comment

Love it.

Newbie here reporting.
              Welcome, YAY

Comment

Love it.

Newbie here reporting.
                Welcome to the fray!
                Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Love it.

Newbie here reporting.
                  Welcome to the thread!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Drabble Prompt #6
                    A Moment in Time

I hope I got this one right

100 frames gif - clickable thumbnail:

Spoiler:

I just noticed the little thing Amanda does with her face during the last three frames, pushing her chin forward just a little bit from a tiny smile to an almost defiant look:

clickable thumbnail:

Comment

the slight tightening of the lips enhances the defiant look
                      sigpic

Comment

Nice gif! I still haven't got anything for my drabble, though. It's a difficult prompt.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

How many more days is it now?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

fluff alert!!!!

A MOMENT IN TIME

Spoiler:

So far they had only seen her like a grey and blurry outline, but now it was totally different and they couldn’t remove their eyes from the screen.

Their baby was really there. Her big closed eyes. Her perfect mouth which was partially open. Her little nose. She was beautiful. She was their miracle. His second chance at fatherhood. Her deepest desire become a reality. His redemption. Their future.

They interlaced their fingers together and kept staring at the 3D image in awe. Their breaths caught in their throats; their eyes teary.

Time stood still while love filled the room.

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              fluff alert!!!!

A MOMENT IN TIME

Spoiler:

So far they had only seen her like a grey and blurry outline, but now it was totally different and they couldn’t remove their eyes from the screen.

Their baby was really there. Her big closed eyes. Her perfect mouth which was partially open. Her little nose. She was beautiful. She was their miracle. His second chance at fatherhood. Her deepest desire become a reality. His redemption. Their future.

They interlaced their fingers together and kept staring at the 3D image in awe. Their breaths caught in their throats; their eyes teary.

AWWW! Virtual green!

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                                fluff alert!!!!

A MOMENT IN TIME

Spoiler:

Loving the fluff

Comment

Working...
                                X