No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The quality of the Final Cut for the pilot was much better than the first few seasons so I was excited about that (I could finally actually see Jaffa getting shot in the gate room, opposed to mostly dark shadows) but then I figured out they cut out all the shippy stuff and made it a mess...

So, I'll just say I don't mind the graininess because I don't want to give any of TPTB any ideas about polishing those up and cutting out good stuff!
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        i have a fic idea i wanna run by you guys. i'm thinking of doing a story about Jack O'Neill joining the stargate program after it already was in action around 2001 (So Season Four/Five of SG-1). Obviously it would be a Shippy story.

The Story goes like this:
        * Following the death of charlie, Jack refuses General West's offer to lead the expedition to the stargate. He still divorces sara and for four years he has become a social recluse. It isn't until he is approached by Major Davis to join the SGC after the current leader of SG-1 (haven't figured out who yet but probably Kawalsky) is killed.
        * Samantha Carter is married to Pete Shanahan going on a year and is expecting her first child
        * Daniel Jackson is still part of SG-1.
        * Teal'c is convinced by Daniel to rebel against the Goa'uld.
        * General Hammond is still in command.

what do you guys think? think it would be a good fic?
        Cringe, too soon, mate, too soon...

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          The quality of the Final Cut for the pilot was much better than the first few seasons so I was excited about that (I could finally actually see Jaffa getting shot in the gate room, opposed to mostly dark shadows) but then I figured out they cut out all the shippy stuff and made it a mess...

So, I'll just say I don't mind the graininess because I don't want to give any of TPTB any ideas about polishing those up and cutting out good stuff!
          Wouldn't it be great if they ADDED shippiness? I wouldn't mind the extended cut off the Grace kiss, and I'm sure there's been good stuff they cut over the years. Just decided to hold out on us. Like with The X Files and the Fight the Future kiss we isn't see for like a decade later.
          The password is fishing...

Comment

i'm just waiting for MGM to get off their high horse and pull a CBS / Star Trek and start throwing the SG-1 series with remastered sfx and video quality.

Comment

I'm making gifs from There But For the Grace of God at the moment and I just made the scene that ends with this shot:

Oh, I got all emotional from it - she just stands there, knowing she (most likely) won't be seeing him again.

And then I thought: Daniel wasn't the only one who got surprised - none of us knew the first time we saw this scene, did we? They were so professional, the general and the doctor!

Comment

I love that scene!

I love AU... I can't get enough of it.
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I wonder if this is their engagement ring?

Comment

Happy Fourth of July Everyone! Soon Ship day will be here
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      I'm very much a fan of angst so its just my cup of tea.
                      Looks like I'll be in trouble come shipday and I'm posting my angst ridden vids.
                      No fear...there are many angst cavern-dwellers in the ship kingdom!

I only venture there on occasion, but I bring a jar of fluff-clouds to sustain me on the journey!!

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/grac...-ring-700a.jpg
                      Guh! are you trying to kill me with feels?????????
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

http://www.an-c.dk/at/gateworld/grac...-ring-700a.jpg
                        Good catch!

Could it be the same ring as the one Pete proposed with?
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Guh! are you trying to kill me with feels?????????
                          Oh, no, sorry I just know this has been discussed earlier - what the ring would look like

Good catch!

Thanks - but I certainly hope it isn't the same ring!!!

Comment

Oh, no, sorry I just know this has been discussed earlier - what the ring would look like
                            I actually don't think it would be gold, white gold maybe. But I guess this alternate Jack and Sam didn't have that much interaction with the Goa'uld yet or seen all the gold in their ships to make it a turn off.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I actually don't think it would be gold, white gold maybe. But I guess this alternate Jack and Sam didn't have that much interaction with the Goa'uld yet or seen all the gold in their ships to make it a turn off.
                              Good point - and funny you mention it - my guess would also be white gold

Comment

Good catch!

its funny . they say she wore it from "Affinity" to "Threads" but i don't ever remember seeing her wear it. maybe i wasn't paying attention.

i also like the line that i bolded from the description of it.
                                Engagement ring worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter, worn often from the SG-1 Season Eight episodes “Affinity” to “Threads”. Sam’s engagement to Denver Colorado police officer Pete Shanahan brought a brief period of happiness to her life, until she faced the fact that her heart belonged to someone else.
                                Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 04 July 2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X