Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seeking Solace drabble

Spoiler:
    “Carter?” Jack whispered hoarsely in the darkness.

The prison cell was pitch black. He couldn’t see a thing. Not even his hand in front of his face. But he could sense that she was there. He didn’t know where they had taken Daniel or Teal’c, but he was glad he was with her.

“I’m here, Sir,” she answered, her voice getting closer.

“You okay?” he asked as he crawled towards her voice.

“Uh, mainly. Little beaten up,” she confessed, her hand meeting his.

“C’mere,” he said as he pulled her towards him and wrapped his arms around her battered body.

I blame J4S for this. If she hadn't posted those pictures earlier, this could have been entirely different. I <3 you babes.
    sigpic
    Sig made by Nola
    Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Thanks, Nola - they're perfect and I'll probably end up using them regularly

New prompt and I'm in trouble already, not entirely sure about the exact meaning of "seeking solace" "looking for comfort for a loss" springs to mind - is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        Thanks, Nola - they're perfect and I'll probably end up using them regularly

New prompt and I'm in trouble already, not entirely sure about the exact meaning of "seeking solace" "looking for comfort for a loss" springs to mind - is that correct?
        Looking for comfort is correct. Not per se the "for a loss" part but obviously that can be possible too. Heroes hug comes to mind...
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks fems - too bad I've already used the Heroes hug

Comment

how about "Fire and Water"?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
              Seeking Solace drabble

Spoiler:
              “Carter?” Jack whispered hoarsely in the darkness.

The prison cell was pitch black. He couldn’t see a thing. Not even his hand in front of his face. But he could sense that she was there. He didn’t know where they had taken Daniel or Teal’c, but he was glad he was with her.

“I’m here, Sir,” she answered, her voice getting closer.

“You okay?” he asked as he crawled towards her voice.

“Uh, mainly. Little beaten up,” she confessed, her hand meeting his.

“C’mere,” he said as he pulled her towards him and wrapped his arms around her battered body.

I blame J4S for this. If she hadn't posted those pictures earlier, this could have been entirely different. I <3 you babes.
              I couldn't green you () But, GREEN!
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                how about "Fire and Water"?
                Oh yes, you're right - I keep forgetting that hug because I haven't giffed it yet

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

SEEKING SOLACE

Spoiler:

Jack woke up suddenly from his nightmare. His body was covered in cold sweat and his heart pounded fast.

He surely wasn’t new to nightmares but since his wedding with Sam their frequency had reduced.

Rationally he knew his worries for their unborn baby had triggered the painful memories of his son’s death. That didn’t help him to push the horrendous images away.

He felt Sam reaching out for him. “C’mere Jack”.

He let his wife embrace him, her love soothing his tormented soul.

He had finally learnt there was no shame in seeking solace in people who loved him.
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      SEEKING SOLACE

Spoiler:

Jack woke up suddenly from his nightmare. His body was covered in cold sweat and his heart pounded fast.

He surely wasn’t new to nightmares but since his wedding with Sam their frequency had reduced.

Rationally he knew his worries for their unborn baby had triggered the painful memories of his son’s death. That didn’t help him to push the horrendous images away.

He felt Sam reaching out for him. “C’mere Jack”.

He let his wife embrace him, her love soothing his tormented soul.

He had finally learnt there was no shame in seeking solace in people who loved him.
                      Aaaaaw, that's just wonderful

Comment

Beautiful!! The artist even got that soft, feathery look to Jack's hair in that picture!!

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
                        What's the overall consensus of why it took them as long as it did to get together?

If I put myself in Jack's shoes I wouldn't want her to throw away a career she spent a lifetime studying and working to achieve for whole marriage, kids thing. But at the same time she wanted those things or at least contemplated them and she wanted it with the person she loved.

Or did she want that life cause of what Jacob was telling her. That she deserves those things.

It's all a big headache and if anyone knows the thread that covers this debate I'd appreciate the link.

Oh didn't see the topic was changed...sorry.
                        Oh...this is a complicated question, and everybody has an opinion...

...and it ususally leads to arguments...er...discussions.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          I'm trying to find this S/J story. It involves along with Sam and Jack playing the part of a couple to give Pete the hint. They tell Hammond that may be NID since he won't leave either one of them alone.

Does this story sound familiar to anyone?
                          This isn't the right story, but it does involve Sam and Jack and Pete, with a twist.

Bellerophon by Melora50. As Sam and Pete take their relationship to the next step, Jack and Sam must embark on mission to uncover a threat to the SGC.

Comment

now do these drabbles have to be specifically sam and jack or can they be from say their (meaning Sam and Jack) child's perspective but still have Shippy undercurrent?

Comment

Before I go to bed (and hopefully have shippy dreams)

Spoiler:
                              Drabble Prompt #5
                              Seeking Solace

They had a fight, no, not really a fight, more an argument. And if they were asked about what had caused it none of them would have known. They were simply not used to be around each other the whole day long. That meant used to be around each other as a couple, not as CO and 2IC who spend days and nights together on alien planets. But in the end he simply said: “C’me here.” And seeking solace with the other worked as it has always done.
                              sigpic

Comment

Drabble Prompt #5
                                Seeking Solace

Recycling is good, yes?

357 100 frames gif, clickable thumbnail:

Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X