Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    If Sam had married Shanahan, they still wouldn't have been a team, because by this time, Jack was already a General and out of SG-1. I suspect, however, that he would have also moved on with Kerry and would be 'there' for her professionally. I personally see him withdrawing from all emotional connections if this had happened. But as AmberLM says, I also see lots of bitterness coming into it. Too much, too late, too many regrets.

And if children ever came into the question, she *might* have just agreed to that, at this point in the series.

But I'd rather not go down this road of speculation, simply because I want S/J to be happy.
    Disagree entirely. Jack's too big a man to resent her, he gave her his blessing by keeping quiet. He's a man who owns up to his actions (or lack there of), and places blame chiefly on his shoulders - that's what makes him a hero. But anyway... I'm sounding like an obnoxious know-it-all, so I shall shut up now.
    The password is fishing...

Comment

No idea why Sam is wearing a red dress thing, but who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
        Disagree entirely. Jack's too big a man to resent her, he gave her his blessing by keeping quiet. He's a man who owns up to his actions (or lack there of), and places blame chiefly on his shoulders - that's what makes him a hero. But anyway... I'm sounding like an obnoxious know-it-all, so I shall shut up now.
        I'm afraid I disagree with this entirely too, but then, there's always that much room for interpretation for characters here. I don't think he's 'that big a man' not to resent her, and in fact, he did so in 2010. Jack bears grudges and we see it in the series and I'd extrapolate it personally enough to say that this is something he'd be lugging around too. His heroism stems from wanting to do the right thing (and sometimes failing). But I think we're inching closer to the argument that, for countless times, has been rehashed out about Jack's vs Sam's loyalty so I really don't want to go over this again.
        Last edited by Ikorni; 16 July 2013, 09:30 PM.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

This one is by the same artist. There seriously should be a cap to how much talent a person is given. Some of us have none! But I think I like this drawing more than I like the photo.

Comment

Wish Sam was wearing glasses here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              man look how young they look. hard to believe that only 15 years ago. wait 15 years? damni'm young/old. season two aired when i was only 9 dang. there's something i always wondered. did they dye RDA's hair for the first couple of seasons? cause i remember he was grey in Pandora's clock which was aired in '96 a year before SG-1 came out.
              They definitely dyed his hair. You can see it in several episodes when in one episode he's got evenly dark hair, and yet in another he's got evenly light brown hair. And then, suddenly, he's getting grey on the sides.

Comment

What's the overall consensus of why it took them as long as it did to get together?

If I put myself in Jack's shoes I wouldn't want her to throw away a career she spent a lifetime studying and working to achieve for whole marriage, kids thing. But at the same time she wanted those things or at least contemplated them and she wanted it with the person she loved.

Or did she want that life cause of what Jacob was telling her. That she deserves those things.

It's all a big headache and if anyone knows the thread that covers this debate I'd appreciate the link.

Oh didn't see the topic was changed...sorry.
                Last edited by Major Ryan; 16 July 2013, 09:30 PM. Reason: adding more info
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                  Nola, have you ever made an "S/J angsty gif"?
                  (
                  Unending and Beneath the Surface and just because they don't always agree - Angry

sigpic

Comment

Majoy Ryan I love your sig.

Comment

Okay, I'm venturing into the world of drabbles. It's a little over, but I couldn't leave it where it was at 100 lol
                      My Busted drabble:
                      Spoiler:
                      He’d started planning this two loops ago. He wasn’t sure it was the right thing to do, but he couldn’t stop thinking about it.
                      He handed his typed resignation to General Hammond in the control room, and walked over to Carter. Framing her face with his hands, he pulled her closer, until there was no space between them. Finally, their lips met, and he found himself dipping her like an old romantic movie scene. She resisted at first, and then relented, even responded to his touch.
                      After several minutes, it occurred to Jack that the loop should have restarted already. He reluctantly moved to release Carter from his grasp, and pulled away.
                      Jack looked at his watch and realized that something must have changed, because it was already past the time for the new loop.
                      “Colonel, what the hell are you thinking?” General Hammond asked.
                      “D’oh! Busted!”

Comment

This one is by the same artist. There seriously should be a cap to how much talent a person is given. Some of us have none! But I think I like this drawing more than I like the photo.

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9375/rr7z.jpg
                        I have to agree. I've always like the photo, but this drawing is just so much more.
                        Talented people are disgusting! lol j/k

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                          Okay, I'm venturing into the world of drabbles. It's a little over, but I couldn't leave it where it was at 100 lol
                          My Busted drabble:
                          Spoiler:
                          He’d started planning this two loops ago. He wasn’t sure it was the right thing to do, but he couldn’t stop thinking about it.
                          He handed his typed resignation to General Hammond in the control room, and walked over to Carter. Framing her face with his hands, he pulled her closer, until there was no space between them. Finally, their lips met, and he found himself dipping her like an old romantic movie scene. She resisted at first, and then relented, even responded to his touch.
                          After several minutes, it occurred to Jack that the loop should have restarted already. He reluctantly moved to release Carter from his grasp, and pulled away.
                          Jack looked at his watch and realized that something must have changed, because it was already past the time for the new loop.
                          “D’oh! Busted!”
                          HAHAHA! OMG! That would have been... just brilliant. Excellent Brendini.

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                            My Busted drabble:
                            Spoiler:
                            “D’oh! Busted!”
                            I love it!
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola
                            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Thanks to the most beautiful girl in the world, who sent me an autograph of the other most beautiful girl in the world. I love you Roque! <3

Comment

After a month of lurking in the shadows due to an orchestra festival....I'm back. It's lovely going over all these shippy posts again!

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                                My little contribution. I had the image in my head all day. I really wanted more room to write this one!

[/spoiler]
                                “It’s complicated,” he said to the woman shining a glass behind the bar.

“Tell me one I haven’t heard before.” She cocked a hip out to the side and pierced him with a look.

“Okay. She’s my second in command. She’s brilliant. She’s beautiful. She’s completely untouchable and only partly because the second-in-command thing.”

The bartender looked over his shoulder and he looked up into the mirror. Sam stood behind him.

“So what are the other reasons?”

He dropped his gaze and nodded with defeat. Yep. He could have predicted her appearance what with the day he’d had. “Drink, Major?”
                                [/spoiler]

So, what are the other reasons? Please do tell
                                Yes...this begs for a sequel! what are the other reasons?!

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9375/rr7z.jpg
                                I love this drawing! It's very well done and the angle of sam's face makes it tricky

Comment

Working...
                                X