Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    Is that the one she is wearing when tracking Jack down in the hall (before he's about to go to the restroom) and when the guys show up unannounced at her door? I tried looking at screen caps but it only shows her top, so I can't see the sneakers with a long skirt... Other than that outfit I think she looked okay in Ascension with the exception of her high-waist jeans, but those were supposedly fashionable at one point and I guess Sam just never parted with them!
    That's the one. I think you see a full shot of her as she runs after him. If not then, then when she gets home to creepy Orlin.
    The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
      That's the one. I think you see a full shot of her as she runs after him. If not then, then when she gets home to creepy Orlin.
      Unfortunately those moments weren't capped. She was capped behind just behind Jack and then standing next to him and everything with Orlin is from the waist up too. And I'm so not going to rewatch that awful episode... why is it that the few Sam-centric episodes are all awful and deal with some guy (alien or otherwise) being interested in her? The only exception I can think of is Desperate Measures but even then it was a creepy guy who wanted her for something and she had to share that episode with Jack & Maybourne. It always feels like Jack, Teal'c and Daniel got much better episodes and they all focused on those characters, whereas Sam always has to share half the episode with someone else...
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

A woman couldn't possibly lead the show, even for an episode. Didn't you get RC's memo?

(Oozes sarcasm)
        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          A woman couldn't possibly lead the show, even for an episode. Didn't you get RC's memo?

(Oozes sarcasm)
          No, I didn't get it... he probably thought I, as a woman, had no need for it.
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

It always feels like Jack, Teal'c and Daniel got much better episodes and they all focused on those characters, whereas Sam always has to share half the episode with someone else...
            Well, they did give us Grace...

Here's some Sam in civvies in Ascension for you, fems:

Comment

Grace! How could I have forgotten?

And thank you, I think pics 7, 8, 9 and 10 were showing the horrible () outfit talked about.

ETA:
              Seeing the third pic from below, I have always wondered if it was normal for people (in the US) to have a watercooler in their house?
              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

yes, quite normal. We had one for years. Much cheaper than individual bottles of water. You can get 5 gallon bottles delivered. My mother-in-law wouldn't drink anything else.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  yes, quite normal. We had one for years. Much cheaper than individual bottles of water. You can get 5 gallon bottles delivered. My mother-in-law wouldn't drink anything else.
                  What's wrong with tap water?
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Maybe the quality of water varies across states? I've only seen water coolers in commercial buildings/education institutes but never in people's homes.
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Some people's tap water is pretty foul. In the cities, especially, it can have a heavy chlorine smell/taste. As a matter of fact, at my apartment, when they put new chemicals in monthly, there are a few days when the smell/taste is so strong I can't drink the water. I've got a well at my new house. Wells are only really common here in rural areas or suburbs (some). But even well water sometimes doesn't smell/taste too good.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                        Some people's tap water is pretty foul. In the cities, especially, it can have a heavy chlorine smell/taste. As a matter of fact, at my apartment, when they put new chemicals in monthly, there are a few days when the smell/taste is so strong I can't drink the water. I've got a well at my new house. Wells are only really common here in rural areas or suburbs (some). But even well water sometimes doesn't smell/taste too good.
                        A well! Really? And here I thought that wasn't too common anymore!
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

And thank you, I think pics 7, 8, 9 and 10 were showing the horrible () outfit talked about.
                          You're welcome

Comment

Grace! How could I have forgotten?
                            I forgot Grace too! It took long enough to get her a decent episode though.
                            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                            If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                              Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                              A well! Really? And here I thought that wasn't too common anymore!
                              That's what I thought too! Sounds like you guys live in a third world country rather than in the Western world... All those chemicals can't be good for the environment or water/sewer installations either!

But thanks for explaining it, makes more sense now. I always thought it was odd, because I too only see them in some offices, commercial buildings, hospitals (and that's usually in the office/lab/research areas, rather than the patient-area) and some small businesses with waiting areas, like dentists or hairdressers.
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                You're welcome
                                SJ_green.gif

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                                I forgot Grace too! It took long enough to get her a decent episode though.
                                Indeed!

Still think she has fewer than the guys though.
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X