Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ i appreciate sam&jack ship, because... ~

a - absolutely know they're destined to be with one another.
    b - better than other ships!
    c - cutest couple in the universe!
    d - divide and conquer confirmed their feelings for one another.
    e - eye talking: Whole conversations where no words are needed.
    f - frat regs: professional to a fault, respecting their positions and putting the universe first.
    g - going for each other (whenever you believe they did that)
    h - heroes: standing side by side fighting as one. Plus a certain hug.
    i - because there is no "i" in team (or in couple)
    j - jack loves sam & sam loves jack just as much
    k - kisses that say everything
    l - love that travels through time and dimensions.
    m - multiple universes show the same thing: sam and jack are meant to be together!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

f - frat regs: professional to a fault, respecting their positions and putting the universe first.
      m - multiple universes show the same thing: sam and jack are meant to be together!
      n - no one else holds a candle to this pair
      sigpic

Comment

I was talking about photos. It didn't used to be an issue but a few years ago there were some very, very racy ones so we had to put a kibash on it.

Largely because.....well let's use the example of someone putting Amanda and Rick's faces on the bodies of people in bed...and then imagine Wylie or Alan seeing that. it just crosses a line that we dont' like to have crossed. So we barred those from being posted here a long time ago.

No one is in trouble, no one is going to be modded, it's just a reminder for all that there are some lines we don't want to cross here.

And we appreciate everyone's cooperation.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          I was talking about photos. It didn't used to be an issue but a few years ago there were some very, very racy ones so we had to put a kibash on it.

Largely because.....well let's use the example of someone putting Amanda and Rick's faces on the bodies of people in bed...and then imagine Wylie or Alan seeing that. it just crosses a line that we dont' like to have crossed. So we barred those from being posted here a long time ago.

No one is in trouble, no one is going to be modded, it's just a reminder for all that there are some lines we don't want to cross here.

And we appreciate everyone's cooperation.
          What?! People actually did that?! That is a step way way way too far! Thank god you stopped them posting things like that.

(And here I was thinking the practically nude photo manip that popped up on google when I searched 'Samantha Carter SG1' was bad.)
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

o - openly kissed sam in front of hammond in 'window of opportunity'
            sally

sigpic

Comment

hey question regarding sam's brother mark, did they ever say if he was older or younger than Sam?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                hey question regarding sam's brother mark, did they ever say if he was older or younger than Sam?
                No. It's unknown
                sigpic
                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

o - openly kissed sam in front of hammond in 'window of opportunity'.
                  p - 'pete-free', which is what sam is now!
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

o - openly kissed sam in front of hammond in 'window of opportunity'.
                    p - 'pete-free', which is what sam is now!
                    q - quarters - yours or mine?
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow, lots of good talk going on. I leave for camp and this is what happens

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i wish she'd had used a wig instead.

i know why amanda couldn't/didn't dye her hair (unless she wants to be bald ), but they've used wigs before and *sam is blonde*.
                      Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      amanda dyed her hair so that helen was as different from sam as possible. it worked.

sam is blonde, helen is brunette, amanda is whatever the heck she wants to be.

~i'd still take the wig over brunette sam any day.

I believe the scenes in Atlantis post season 4 with Sam in command of the SGC were indeed filmed with a wig. A very bad one. It looked like they just plopped it on, but that wig was a lighter colour. Post SGA season for is when Amanda did Sanctuary, so that makes sense.

I've always thought that it was unfair for some people to look good in ANY coloured hair - I even thought that the grey in Unending looked good on her. Though pictures of Helen as a redhead from Normandy were really nice!

i was sadden that other sg-1 actors like Chris Judge and Richard Dean Anderson or Teryl Rothery didn't make an appearance. it would've been interesting to see Helen and Rick's character interact.
                      I believe there is a fic where Helen calls Jack and they know each other somehow. It's M rated, I think. Anyone know which one I'm thinking of? I liked it, it was well written, if a little weird.

Lastly, about Mark, I think somewhere it is mentioned (though not on screen...the companion?) Mark is older. Almost all the fanfic I've ever read has Mark as older.

Comment

In that picture from Ascension of Sams family when she was younger I thought Mark looked slightly younger. But Sam is tall.
                        The password is fishing...

Comment

please check out my one shot entitled Something Old. Something New.

Comment

Not bad. Not bad at all!
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

It's never been clearly stated but I always interpreted Sam's reply to Corso's question about the meaning of her name to imply that she was older.

From Forsaken:
                              CORSO
                              Sam. It's pretty.
                              CARTER
                              Not really. It's short for Samantha.
                              CORSO
                              Even prettier. What does it mean? Samantha?
                              CARTER
                              My father wanted a boy.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                It's never been clearly stated but I always interpreted Sam's reply to Corso's question about the meaning of her name to imply that she was older.

From Forsaken:
                                CORSO
                                Sam. It's pretty.
                                CARTER
                                Not really. It's short for Samantha.
                                CORSO
                                Even prettier. What does it mean? Samantha?
                                CARTER
                                My father wanted a boy.
                                Okay. But it's never said outright. Also, whatever the age difference is, it can't be that big a one.
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X