Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
    Btw do you remember the episodes where S/J get physically tortured?
    Um, I'm not sure about how many times they actually get physically tortured but here are some instances where they are tortured (for fun or information) and others where they're simply injured, because you might be able to use some of those scenes too.

Hathor: ribbon device on Sam, Jack gets Jaffa'ed.
    Into the Fire: Hathor uses ribbon device on Sam and Jack gets snaked
    In the Line of Duty: Sam/Jolinar gets tortured by ashrak.
    Jolinar's Memories: Jack gets struck by ribbon device
    The Devil You Know: blood of sokar (and staff weapon to Jack's leg)
    Beast of Burden: torture/pain stick for Jack
    The Sentinel: idem
    The Other Guys: idem
    New Ground: electric shocks or something while in cage
    Between Two Fires: Sam ribbon device
    Revelations: Sam zatted and ribboned
    Abyss: Jack gets tortured by Ba'al
    The Enemy Within: Sam knocked unconscious after being throw against (elevator) wall
    Cold Lazarus: Jack gets knocked unconscious by Crystal Entity and Crystal!Jack has spasms etc
    Demons: struck by lightning
    The Curse: Sam gets ribboned
    Double Jeopardy: duplicates get killed
    The Tomb: Jack gets ribboned
    Desperate Measures: Sam gets experimented upon
    Unnatural Selection: mind raped by human-form Replicators
    Metamorphosis: both zatted and Sam's DNA gets re-sequenced
    Forsaken: Sam knocked unconscious
    Chimera: Jack gets ribboned
    New Order: Sam tortured by Fifth

I'm sure I've missed a few and I didn't look at the last two seasons, since Jack wasn't there and nothing comes to me right away for Sam that is or could be perceived as/manipulated into torture. Same for SGA.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

In Season 9 and 10:

Off the Grid - Sam's is held prisoner and beaten by Lucian Alliance thugs
      Arthur's Mantle - might not count, but she's shifted to another dimension
      Camelot - is adrift in space in a space suit next to the supergate
      Morpheus - affected by a sleeping sickness that nearly kills her
      Company of Thieves - captured with ship crew and knocked around by captor
      Line in the Sand - hit in the back by an Ori staff blast

There may be more, but those are the obvious ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
        I LOVE THAT SPEECH!!! It's a JS hallmark to me and taking it out in the later edit of Children of the Gods, well... Booo!
        Love it or hate it, with it cut, it screws up the original dialogue, IMO, and it definitely takes away from the later joke of nerdy Sam in Mobieus for those that have only seen the director's cut of Children of the gods.

P.S. I loved it but only because it showed how fiesty Captain Samantha Carter was.
        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Um, I'm not sure about how many times they actually get physically tortured but here are some instances where they are tortured (for fun or information) and others where they're simply injured, because you might be able to use some of those scenes too.

The Enemy Within: Sam knocked unconscious after being throw against (elevator) wall
          Cold Lazarus: Jack gets knocked unconscious by Crystal Entity and Crystal!Jack has spasms etc

I'm sure I've missed a few and I didn't look at the last two seasons, since Jack wasn't there and nothing comes to me right away for Sam that is or could be perceived as/manipulated into torture. Same for SGA.
          I would add to the mention of The Devil You Know - add the mental torture to Sam and Jack. Jack/Charlie. Sam/Mother/Jolinar sleeping with the cyclops memories (unless that was the previous episode?)

And being tortured by Fifth gets my vote as the worst/scariest! He's the equivalent of being captured and kept by a hillbilly seriel killer with advanced technology! *shivers*
          sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
            I would add to the mention of The Devil You Know - add the mental torture to Sam and Jack. Jack/Charlie. Sam/Mother/Jolinar sleeping with the cyclops memories (unless that was the previous episode?)

And being tortured by Fifth gets my vote as the worst/scariest! He's the equivalent of being captured and kept by a hillbilly seriel killer with advanced technology! *shivers*
            I didn't want to be elaborate so just mentioned the blood of Sokar for all those things!

As for Fifth, I agree he's creepy! It's even made worse with how he can simply create a new you when you die/escape!
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              I got the impulse to open Sony Vegas and started working on a vid...but I swear, selene must have taken possession of my body...ahem...whump, angst
              Hee hee! I love being a naughty influence.

So... can I be looking forward to a fic or vid of the whump persuasion in the near future?

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                I agree - being forced to spend an eternity with is the cruelest fate imaginable. < Scratch that... a week.
                The password is fishing...

Comment

http://imageshack.us/a/img705/8785/ringwf.png

^ i uploaded this pic b/c i thought it would be great for sam/jack! the shadow created is real, not made up.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    [ul]http://imageshack.us/a/img705/8785/ringwf.png[/url]

^ i uploaded this pic b/c i thought it would be great for sam/jack! the shadow created is real, not made up.
                    Love the words that are in the pic...
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Sam is pretty beaten up in Death Knell, but she wasn't actually tortured. Same with Jack in Paradise Lost... though, I'm sure Jack would think being stuck on the moon with Maybourne was pretty torturous.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

Don't know if it's considered torture, but

The Nox - Jack and Sam are killed
                        Solitudes - Jack has to endure Sam setting his broken leg
                        There But for the Grace of God - AU Sam and Jack are killed
                        Within the Serpent's Grasp - stunned unconscious by stun grenade, and Sam bites Jack!
                        Need - forced to work in the mines for long hours with little food or water
                        Message in a Bottle - Jack is impaled on the concrete wall
                        Spirits - Jack is impaled by a trinium spear
                        The Fifth Race - Jack has a library of information downloaded into his brain
                        Tangent - Jack is mentally tortured by the thought of dying in space
                        2001 - Sam is seriously injured when she comes flying through the event horizon and lands on her shoulder
                        Last edited by hedwig; 28 April 2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Don't know if it's considered torture, but

The Nox - Jack and Sam are killed
                          Solitudes - Jack has to endure Sam setting his broken leg
                          There But for the Grace of God - AU Sam and Jack are killed
                          Within the Serpent's Grasp - stunned unconscious by stun grenade
                          Need - forced to work in the mines for long hours with little food or water
                          Message in a Bottle - Jack is impaled on the concrete wall
                          Spirits - Jack is impaled by a trinium spear
                          The Fifth Race - having a library of information downloaded into his brain

what about shipper torture?

-100 days: a woman beds jack
                          -chimera: a guy beds sam.
                          -affinity: a guy proposes to sam.

sally

sigpic

Comment

-100 days: woman beds jack
                            -chimera: guy beds sam.
                            -affinity: guy proposes to sam.

Comment

-100 days: a woman beds jack
                              -chimera: a guy beds sam.
                              -affinity: a guy proposes to sam.

Seems like I appeared just in time with a peek at my fluffy WIP.

Spoiler:

Part of a series I'm calling 'Earth leave' inspired by one of the panels where Amanda was asked, 'if Sam and Jack were real, what do you think they'd be doing right now?'
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

why can't i green anyone?

niiiiiiiiice pic, neverendingimagination!
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X