Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
    I was just cruising the early posts on this thread. Man this place used to be brimming with fluffy goodness and positivity. JMO but I think we talk too much about these days, and the angsty negative things. While I don't mind talk of - especially when it's making fun of him - I think we need to rev up the shippy love.
    Exactly! I was wondering where the had gone! I want to ship here!
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I was just cruising the early posts on this thread. Man this place used to be brimming with fluffy goodness and positivity. JMO but I think we talk too much about these days, and the angsty negative things. While I don't mind talk of - especially when it's making fun of him - I think we need to rev up the shippy love.
      let's rev up the love!

go!

*goes back to reading first 'legacy' book*
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
        Exactly! I was wondering where the had gone! I want to ship here!
        Please proceed to stir up the ship, the S/J Sam and Jack!

Comment

speaking of the 'legacy' series...

i'm skip reading through the first book real bad. it's b/c i'm not really an atlantis fan. one of you guys told me that sam shows up more in the later books: which ones?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Look at this cuteness from Sal back around Xmas 09. Naww...

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            *scene pops into head*

~sam comes home from work~

sam: jack, where are you?

*hears laughter from the livingroom*

sam: what are--

*sam sees jack and their daughter, amanda, watching 'rudolph the red-nosed reindeer. she enjoys watching them watching the show*

amanda: daddy, why are they being mean to rudolph?

jack: because they're butt-heads.

sam: uh, jack...

jack: hey, sam, you're home!

amanda: mommy, what are butt-heads?

*sam looks pointedly at jack*

sam: they're reindeers that aren't nice to rudolph, honey.

jack: *grins*

*sam begins to go upstairs, but stops to look back at her child. both of them*
            Love the last sentence.
            The password is fishing...

Comment

speaking of the 'legacy' series...

i'm skip reading through the first book real bad. it's b/c i'm not really an atlantis fan. one of you guys told me that sam shows up more in the later books: which ones?
              I've just started the second one, no Sam/Jack as yet.
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                I've just started the second one, no Sam/Jack as yet.
                if it's just sam, i'll take it.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

if it's just sam, i'll take it.
                  No Sam on her own either, I'm only on the second or third chapter though. I'll keep you posted
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I guess the previous discussions were more suited to the discussion thread, as opposed to the appreciation thread

That said....

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                    No. Not for me, anyway. He's more of an annoyance, than anything else... The PTB didn't even bother to make him a worthwhile adversary. So, if they didn't put much thought into him, neither will I.

My most despised character is Colonel Frank Simmons. He is so, so... slimy. Blech. He's the type of character that if I see the actor who played him on the street, I'd probably glare at him. Which, I suppose, speaks to the actor's skill, but still. He gives me the creeps. I think what gets me the most was that he clearly had no sense of ethics or morality, and yet somehow had (relatively) carte blanche to create havoc within the Stargate Program. A prime example of too much power in the wrong hands...
                    I agree that Frank Simmons was slimey but at least he was a good (evilly speaking) strong character and wasn't a coward. Though I admit to being biased - I am a fan of John de Lancie's episodes as "Q" from Star Trek, TNG.

You know who REALLY bugged me? Colonel Samuels. Just finished watching "Within the serpent's grasp" and the whole thing with him asking to leave along with the genesis list people since he's "not needed around here" just makes me so angry. Thank goodness Hammond denied that request! Go hammond! (transcript below)

Spoiler:
                    SAMUELS
                    Well, sir, since I am no longer wanted or needed here, I respectfully request permission to join one of the teams headed for the Alpha Site, at least there…
                    HAMMOND
                    Permission denied! The idea is to send the best and brightest, Colonel. When the time comes, you will stand alongside the men and women of this Command, in defence of this facility.

Just to bring back the love....watched Singularity today, LOVED the teaser dialogue when Sam says "You didn't think the Colonel has a telescope on his roof just to look at his neighbors, did you? " Love how both Teal'c and Daniel are surprised that Jack knew the term "Accretion Disk" but Sam wasn't.

Even at this early stage, they had a camaraderie going. It was cute.

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                        Just to bring back the love....watched Singularity today, LOVED the teaser dialogue when Sam says "You didn't think the Colonel has a telescope on his roof just to look at his neighbors, did you? " Love how both Teal'c and Daniel are surprised that Jack knew the term "Accretion Disk" but Sam wasn't.

Even at this early stage, they had a camaraderie going. It was cute.
                        I've always loved that little scene! Jack showing off his smarts, Sam showing some of what she knows about Jack, and "the boys" not having a clue lol
                        I've always wondered about them knowing about Jack's telescope so early on.

Comment

I think we need to rev up the shippy love.
                          This shippy enough for you?

shortened, clickable thumbnail

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                            This shippy enough for you?

shortened, clickable thumbnail
                            I squeed so bad over that scene when I first saw it. Which reminds me...
                            Oh, and you guys are gonna think this is funny. Back when I started watching Stargate and shipping Sam and Jack, I didn't have the Internet... And I kinda thought... I was the only one. LMAO. I thought maybe I was just weird and I'd created this big love story in my head that no one else but me saw or understood. Then I got a LAN connection and low ands behold, they were one of the most shipped couples in existence. I'd just happen across them in random places online when I wasn't even looking for them.
                            The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                              I've always loved that little scene! Jack showing off his smarts, Sam showing some of what she knows about Jack, and "the boys" not having a clue lol
                              I've always wondered about them knowing about Jack's telescope so early on.
                              Maybe it's from Fire and Water? I don't recall whether Sam (and Teal'c) looked like she'd been to Jack's place before during Daniel's wake, but it's possible she learned about it in a private moment then or perhaps earlier if they'd all been to Jack's house before.
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                                Maybe it's from Fire and Water? I don't recall whether Sam (and Teal'c) looked like she'd been to Jack's place before during Daniel's wake, but it's possible she learned about it in a private moment then or perhaps earlier if they'd all been to Jack's house before.
                                I'm thinking it was an event they didn't show us. I'm sure they must have had some kind of "getting to know you" BBQ or something. If not, that's what I'm going with lol

Comment

Working...
                                X