No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's a 2 bed terrace with an s/j shipper, hormonal cat and a gorgeous black Labrador waiting for me in West Dumbartonshire.
    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
      Can't wait till I can make my dream escape to Scotland.
      I live in Scotland. There's nothing where I am (but I'm a country bumpkin really - it takes an hour in the car to get to the nearest city). I went to college and discovered that school, unfortunately, isn't for me. I'm a tactile learner (learn by doing, not reading from a book.)

I'm hoping to do a working holiday in Canada next year... so yeah...
      sigpic
      Sig made by Nola
      Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

*isn't travelling outside England's lovely (not) weather*
        Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
        My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

There's a 2 bed terrace with an s/j shipper, hormonal cat and a gorgeous black Labrador waiting for me in West Dumbartonshire.
          Fantastic! Central belt is great, I'm hoping to move to Edinburgh in the next 5 years.

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
          I live in Scotland. There's nothing where I am (but I'm a country bumpkin really - it takes an hour in the car to get to the nearest city). I went to college and discovered that school, unfortunately, isn't for me. I'm a tactile learner (learn by doing, not reading from a book.)

I'm hoping to do a working holiday in Canada next year... so yeah...
          Yeah I'd love to live in British Columbia but not sure I'll ever get there at this rate. Been in love with the place ever since I was a kid and I've visited so often it feels like a second home.
          Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

It's my mission to move in this coming year. Been wanting to move for a few years now but had to get the education finished. Sounds childish but I want to see proper snow - and obviously seeing my best friend more than once or twice a year is the best part about it. The 5hr train journey up and 6.5hr journey down kill me.
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

It's my mission to move in this coming year. Been wanting to move for a few years now but had to get the education finished. Sounds childish but I want to see proper snow - and obviously seeing my best friend more than once or twice a year is the best part about it. The 5hr train journey up and 6.5hr journey down kill me.
              I'd suggest you visit my place for proper snow, but that'd be overkill. It was a novelty where I live. Years ago.
              Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
              My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                Yeah I'd love to live in British Columbia but not sure I'll ever get there at this rate. Been in love with the place ever since I was a kid and I've visited so often it feels like a second home.
                I envy you so much right now! I wish I had a way of making money so I could move (although its not practical just now - mum has cancer - but is hopefully getting signed off soon). Working 12 hours a week is pathetic, and unless I travel for 2 hours each day I can't get further education.
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                  I envy you so much right now! I wish I had a way of making money so I could move (although its not practical just now - mum has cancer - but is hopefully getting signed off soon). Working 12 hours a week is pathetic, and unless I travel for 2 hours each day I can't get further education.
                  OTspoiler
                  Spoiler:
                  my mum got ill a few years ago. I got offered a year abroad to study at the University of British Columbia at the time but it was too far when mum was sick. I took a gap from studying for 2 years to work to fund a masters but it's not quite what I expected. Still, hopefully we'll both get somewhere we like someday hope ur mum is on the road to recovery too, it's never easy. If u want to talk just PM me, the guys on this thread got me thru a lot of hard times

I hope they eventually release the 3rd film as a novel. I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

ahem...there's the Lounge thread for OT discussions...just saying
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      Sorry! Forgot where I was there
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by Nola

Comment

Sorry XF, I seem to be very distracted lately! I'm trying to write a short S/J fic from a plot bunny that won't go away but I have the music channels playing in the background and I can tell you, the song "Saturday Night" by Whigfield is NOT conducive to writing ship lol! I need to find some decent music.

Edit: that's better, "Anything I Do I Do It For You" by Bryan Adams

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                          I'd vote, but my posts always have a delayed reaction with my newbieness.
                          You could always state your preference, without noting the count -we would know how you feel, and you could participate.

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                          I'm watching 'Exodus' right now, where Sam blows up a sun, and Jack just asked her what was wrong. She told he she'd never blown up a star before. He replied with,
                          "The first time's always the hardest."
                          Ummmm... *falls in the gutter*

SPLASH!!!

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Going with what we've gotten so far it's probably a dinner scene (either at home or a restaurant) with the two of them eating together and maybe touching/holding each other's hand at some point. If we're lucky we might get a kiss at the end or something.
                          ...and then he drops a kiss onto her shoulder, where the thin spaghetti strap of her black evening dress stands out against her porcelain bare skin...

*drowns in the gutter*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          I'd imagine a "team" dinner, probably in DC at Jack's house, and when Teal'c and Danny show up, Sam is the one who opens the door. And ...
                          *fic bunnies stomp on iPad*
                          Okay, okay, I'll just write it. Need to write a little ficlet anyways.
                          WRITE, ...WRITE!!!!!

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                          It is...but before I go:

Spoiler:
                          1) I'm going to go see all those shippers in Scotland someday!
                          2) I worked very hard to make my daughter a S/J shipper, just sayin'
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

On the subject of shippy music, I found Nickleback have some perfect S/J songs.

I'd come for you
                            Never gonna be alone
                            Trying not to love you

can't listen to them without picturing

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              I was having a mini SG-1 marathon with my mom yesterday and one of the episodes was "Descent". The line when Jack is strongly encouraging Jacob to get the bulkhead door open because of "shrinkage" and Sam's subsequent look of disbelief/OMG did he just say that made me laugh so hard.

My mom just stared at me like I'd grown a third arm.
                              and sam (or amanda ) quickly looking down to check out that shrinkage. a person can't help looking!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AstraPerAspera View Post
                                Couldn't help notice that a few pages back the topic of the 3rd SG-1 movie came up along with the SGA movie. It's my understanding that scripts for both were written. The SGA one might have been a bit further along toward finalization.

That said, Joe Mallozzi did give this reply to a mailbag question about a year ago:

StellaByStargate writes: “Emboldened by your last mailbag, I have one question to ask…and after all these years, I promise it will be my last S/J question ever…had we gotten the 3rd SG-1 movie, would the status of Sam and Jack’s post-Threads relationship have been made clear?”

Answer: All I can say to that is that, there’s a dinner scene in the first draft of Stargate: Revolution that made it pretty clear that Jack and Sam were, in fact, together.
                                MAAAAAAKE THE MOOOOOOVIE!!

or a mini series, combining all three stargate shows.

just show/prove sam and jack are tooooooogeeeetherrrr!!!

*takes deep breaths*

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X