Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
    I for one wouldn't really like it, if they had simply stopped after Lost City and there had been no follow-up whatsoever.

I read here on GateWorld previously that the showrunners were expecting cancellation at the end of S7 and they were expecting to go the movies soon afterward.

If they had at least resolved Jack's stasis in the movie and at least given us some inkling that things for Jack and Sam were progressing forward and away from , I guess I could live with it.
    Someone did say that Lost City was supposed to be a movie if I wasn't wrong. It would have been a better ending (with a resolved ship) for the whole franchise rather than S8.
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him. (9)

vs.

Season 9: Ex Deus Machina – Sam tells Barrett she's "not exactly" single. (10)

As much as I love the snippet of confirmation in Ex Deus Machina, I have to go with A Matter of Time this time. Ex Deus Machina is a little too ambiguous to measure up (*we* know it's cuz she's dating Jack, but it's not explicit).

In A Matter of Time, Sam and Jack are clearly indulging each other. Jack may or may not fully understand wormhole stuff, but either way, he thinks her technobabble is hot. Sam, probably realizing Jack understands more than he lets on, launches into an explanation anyway. In the process, they lean together pretty close to keep their conversation hush-hush while Hammond is speaking with someone else (I think he might have been on the phone or something).

Matter of Time wins for me!!

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him. (10)

vs.

Hi I'm brand new here so I hope I added my vote on correctly.

I like Sam's slight discomfort as she replies 'not exactly' but I prefer shippy scenes with both Sam and Jack in, their banter always makes a scene for me e.g. Series 6 'Forsaken' when Jack looks through Sam's telescope to try and spot the 'nebulus stuff' Jack 'I don't see squat' and Sam tells him 'well, you wouldn't sir, during the day'

In complete agreement with selene0789 that scene in Matter of Time is clearly indulgent for both of them but its so cute so that's where my vote lies.
          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

You did just fine, don't worry!

I wonder when hlndncr is going to call it and share a new one with us. From the lack of posts since my own yesterday I'm guessing the site was offline for a couple more hours after I checked it last. Hopefully it won't happen again this week!

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I just watched the editor's cut of CotG, I forgot how much they layered on the 'ship! Seriously, in most of the scenes where they were together, Sam was stuck to Jack like glue and they frequently were so close that they were actually touching.

Plus, the whole briefing room scene, as much as I hated the dialogue from Sam and Kawalsky, the looks are fantastic, especially from Jack. I also love how he silently reprimands Feretti and Kawalsky for giving Sam a hard time. It speaks volumes and I suspect Sam realised from that point that it really wasn't about her being a woman, just a scientist.
              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him. (11)

vs.

sigpic

Comment

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him. (12)

vs.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    The theme this weekend is Dr. Who. I don't know where the Ice Warriors fit in. I'm not up on the latest couple of years (really don't like Matt Smith or what Moffat has done with the franchise), but I thought I knew classic Who pretty well. Guess I'll have to go back to Netflix for some refreshers.
                    I'm sorry to nitpick, but the name of the show is Doctor Who (not Dr).
                    The Ice Warriors first appeared in 1967, when Patrick Troughton was the second Doctor. They are going to appear again in an episode of the next part of the series that begins airing next week.

To keep on-topic...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      Too bad they couldn't get Fandemonium to take the script and turn it into a Stargate Novel. I would definitely buy that.
                      Same here!

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      Hi I'm brand new here so I hope I added my vote on correctly.
                      WELCOME!!

we love new people...come ship...ship some more...

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                      Hey, Dipso! YOU'RE THE 12th DOCTOR!! >.<
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Awesome gif, dipsofjazz. Did you make it yourself?

*snurches*
                        On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Same here!

WELCOME!!

we love new people...come ship...ship some more...

Hey, Dipso! YOU'RE THE 12th DOCTOR!! >.<
                          Oh, I missed a new shipper. Welcome neverendingimagination.

Yes, I'm the 12th Doctor, plus I meet the Face of Boe! How cool is that?
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey, this is the right place for S/J, right? I'm new here, and I love these two.
                            Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                            My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                              Awesome gif, dipsofjazz. Did you make it yourself?

*snurches*
                              Yes I did (as I did most of the others you have ). Snurch away, as I'm happy to see them being posted for people's enjoyment.
                              sigpic

Comment

yes, that's the way to do it! Welcome

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X