Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    I can't get sky, I'm in the US.
    Maybe the best thing is to have the DVDs or the single episodes somewhere around! So you can get your shippy eps anytime.
    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

My favorite obscure shippy moment is:
      1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
      2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
      3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
      4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile

5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
      6. jack being concerned for her in the tok'ra part 1 when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
      7. The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword in Lost City. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
      8. When they first arrive in the City of the Lost in Fallen, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.

9. SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant. (Does anyone else remember this one?)

10. Lost City Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)

11. Season six, the Cure (I think) when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter

Also, needed to correct Ishta's name in number 9 (was originally typed in as Istar!)

Comment

1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
        2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
        3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
        4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile

5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
        6. jack being concerned for her in the tok'ra part 1 when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
        7. The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword in Lost City. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
        8. When they first arrive in the City of the Lost in Fallen, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.

9. SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant. (Does anyone else remember this one?)

10. Lost City Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)

11. Season six, the Cure (I think) when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter

12. When SGA1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          I like the way you think! Personally I reckon there was something going on there, they're far too close to not at least be touching knees. There's no logical reason for Sam to be sitting there, Teal'c and Bra'tac are waaay across the other side and further up the table. She's practically sitting in his lap.

Hehe if Bra'tac and Teal'c hadn't been there I half-expected that they would have gone at it on the briefing room table with those looks, especially Jack. He's looking at Sam like he's starving and she's a three course meal! I would love to have heard a commentary on that part (I don't have the DVDs) I wonder if anything would have been mentioned?
          I really wish Threads had had a commentary. It would have been the perfect episode for it!

Comment

12. When SGA1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)

13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

14) in enemies when jack and sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"

Comment

*sneaks in*

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                Ok, shippers, I have a question for you (maybe 2):
                What made you start watching Stargate and when/why did you start shipping S/J?
                Hubs and I both like a nice action sci-fi show, so when SG came to regular television, we were hooked. We managed to see the same reruns of seasons 1-3 over and over again. I enjoyed the camaraderie, and a hint of the affection, but not something that really stood out between S/J. When we finally got Netflix in 2011, we did an end-to-end rewatch. D&C was pretty blunt to me and gave meaning to all of the little moments I had seen, but not seen, in the previous episodes -and Grace was the counterpoint that I had been waiting for to verify that Sam felt the same way: an admission...out in the open...without beating around the bush. Before Grace, I felt that all indicators that Sam felt the same way for Jack could have been interpreted in various ways other than love. After that, I devoured the rest of the series, looking for confirmation.

Alas.

But then Pol pointed me to GW, and many shippers have pointed out the various evidence that has satisfied me that they are together and happy.

So married!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                I became a shipper when I watched Upgrades and Divide & Conquer back to back. The channel I watched the show on aired it every weekday and there was this one week where I was busy when SG-1 aired so I set the VCR to record them for later viewing. When I got around to watching the taped episodes Upgrades and D&C were taped consecutively. My reaction after that was that and were in lurv. I started recalling scenes from previous episodes and started seeing them in a shippy light. And I wanted to see where they would take the ship in future hoping that I would get to see them as an official couple. Still waiting for it even though Sam and Jack are so married.
                So you could say that I came to SG-1 for the action and stayed for the .
                Exactly. spooky.

13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
                14) in enemies when jack and sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"

15. 'Jolinar's Memories': Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

15. 'Jolinar's Memories': Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.

16. Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't
                  sigpic
                  Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

16. Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't

17. In either Exodus or Nemesis: SG-1 plus Selmak/Jacob have been flung into the far reaches of space. Jack and Jacob get into a friendly verbal sparring session, and after Jacob delivers a parting quip, Sam follows her father while telling Jack "Welcome to my life".

I like that moment because if you're a shipper who reads between the lines, she's really telling him "This is what you have to look forward to!"

Comment

Is someone going to make these obscure moments into a video or something?
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                        Is someone going to make these obscure moments into a video or something?
                        Looking for ideas for our March Madness Tournament.

Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Whoah, there's a March madness tournament here?
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

but of course!
                            sigpic

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                Whoah, there's a March madness tournament here?
                                Yeah, didn't know that too. Not that I know what it is though.
                                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X