Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

]My favorite obscure shippy moment is:
    1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
    2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
    3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
    4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile
    5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
    6. jack being concerned for her in the tok'ra part 1 when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
    7. The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword in Lost City. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
    8. When they first arrive in the City of the Lost in Fallen, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.
    9. SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant. (Does anyone else remember this one?)
    10. Lost City Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)
    11. Season six, the Cure (I think) when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter
    12. When SGA1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)
    13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
    14) in enemies when jack and sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"
    15. 'Jolinar's Memories': Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.
    16. Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't
    17. In either Exodus or Nemesis: SG-1 plus Selmak/Jacob have been flung into the far reaches of space. Jack and Jacob get into a friendly verbal sparring session, and after Jacob delivers a parting quip, Sam follows her father while telling Jack "Welcome to my life".

18) In "Avenger 2.0" when Felger's machine explodes in his lab and Sam ducks behind Jack to shield herself from the sparks.

I think it's one of the only times we've seen her hide behind a guy. Normally she's right up at the front trying to prove she's one of the guys. It's nice to see that Sam instinctively seeks protection and safety from Jack, even if she doesn't need it. He's clearly her alpha male in the more primitive parts of her brain! Good to see Martin Wood putting "those" moments back into the show!
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Yeah, didn't know that too. Not that I know what it is though.
      Here's the rundown of prior tournament:

tournament
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        ]My favorite obscure shippy moment is:
        1. Season 4, The Light: Sam learns that Jack made (and lost) a bet with Daniel about her
        2. Season 2, A matter of time: when Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travelling to him again
        3. Season 3, Fair Game: When Sam goes to wish Jack luck with the negotiations (which is after the more obvious shippy moment lol)
        4. Season 2, Secrets: when Jack meets Jacob and Sam/Jack share the "We have our moments" smile
        5. Season 8, Threads: the looks, Sam's (second) use of 'Jack-isms' and the double entendre just before Daniel appears: "Ya think?" *gazing at Sam warmly* "I do!"
        6. jack being concerned for her in the tok'ra part 1 when he tells martouf that he wants her home by midnight.
        7. The double-or-nothing bet about the crossword in Lost City. I just love how Sam is puzzled by the fact that Jack spent all that time in his truck to finish the puzzle despite the fate of the galaxy being at risk and then he oh so proudly hands over the crossword to her. Plus, Sam's reactions when she reads what he actually wrote!
        8. When they first arrive in the City of the Lost in Fallen, Jack says that Teal'c plays a Jaffa on TV - Sam bites her lip to keep from giggling.
        9. SG1 just got Ishta and all the female Jaffa out of the clutches of Molech. One of them's in the infirmary and as they're talking about Jack she starts telling Sam that one day she hopes to have that kind of bond as well. Sam goes off on how it's not that kind of bond etc completely misinterpreting what female Jaffa meant. (Does anyone else remember this one?)
        10. Lost City Sam's interview where basically she gushes about her CO who's done more for the program than anyone's ever done for anything. (in love much)
        11. Season six, the Cure (I think) when Jack asks how the symbiote can have kids without a "man-friend", and then he turns a cute befuddled look at Carter
        12. When SGA1 and Martouf are going to Netu and Martouf is pushing Sam to try again with the memory recall device, and Jack takes him aside and in no uncertain terms tells him to back off, that's she's doing the best she can. And when Martouf tries to argue about the stakes in the mission, Jack tells him she knows very well what the stakes are and that it's her own father involved in the mission. (I felt like Jack wanted to punch Marty about then.)
        13. Season 5: Red Sky. When Jack looks at Carter after she explains about a shift in light frequency and says he thought he was having a stroke.
        14) in enemies when jack and sam are walking through apock-head's mothership (that's what jack called in the COTG final cut) and sam tells him she's having a good time and he tells her "You go girl"
        15. 'Jolinar's Memories': Jack objects to the guards taking Sam to Bynarr, gets shot, and Sam steps between Jack and the guards, holding her hands up to get them to leave him alone.
        16. Prometheus: When Jack wants to call the ship the Enterprise and Sam tells him they can't
        17. In either Exodus or Nemesis: SG-1 plus Selmak/Jacob have been flung into the far reaches of space. Jack and Jacob get into a friendly verbal sparring session, and after Jacob delivers a parting quip, Sam follows her father while telling Jack "Welcome to my life".

18) In "Avenger 2.0" when Felger's machine explodes in his lab and Sam ducks behind Jack to shield herself from the sparks.

I think it's one of the only times we've seen her hide behind a guy. Normally she's right up at the front trying to prove she's one of the guys. It's nice to see that Sam instinctively seeks protection and safety from Jack, even if she doesn't need it. He's clearly her alpha male in the more primitive parts of her brain! Good to see Martin Wood putting "those" moments back into the show!
        I agree on most of these, but I didn't feel 6. was shippy. On the contrary - it was more like Jack was her dad, and I didn't like that vibe at all.

#12 hated this one - but that is a personal peeve. I hate when men think they have to handle problems for women. If Sam has issues with how Martouf treats her, she should talk to him. Having Jack do it for her is beyond degrading, and I hated letting them have Jack do this. He respects Sam more than that, dammit!

Same with #18, that's not Sam. She doesn't hide behind a guy, but you already commented on that
        My ships: sigpic
        (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by SamShipper View Post
          I agree on most of these, but I didn't feel 6. was shippy. On the contrary - it was more like Jack was her dad, and I didn't like that vibe at all.

#12 hated this one - but that is a personal peeve. I hate when men think they have to handle problems for women. If Sam has issues with how Martouf treats her, she should talk to him. Having Jack do it for her is beyond degrading, and I hated letting them have Jack do this. He respects Sam more than that, dammit!

Same with #18, that's not Sam. She doesn't hide behind a guy, but you already commented on that
          I don't necessarily think those first two are shippy but everyone has their shippy glasses at different settings. In my opinion, Jack would have done the same if it had been, say, Daniel on the memory recall device. The thing is, Martouf was pushing her and to me it felt like it wasn't just about the escape. He wanted to know more about what had happened to Jolinar because she/Rosha never told him and now was his chance to find out what she'd been keeping from him and he was rather insistent with his "think of Jolinar and the last night we spent together".

Jack is a man of action and he doesn't like to have to sit around while others figure out what is to be done (he prefers to take care of strategics himself) and in this case he was also helpless while one of his team had to undergo traumatic "memories" (that weren't even her own but felt like they were) to figure it out.

As for the ducking behind Jack; I don't think that's shippy either and prefer to think of her simply using him as her shield. It could have been anyone who'd been standing next to her. However, she did turn away once and into her father's arms. I think that was in Enemies, when Teal'c (?) shot the control panel for the door and she turned away to protect herself from the sparks (or maybe thought he was shooting at her) and ended up in Jacob's arms.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I read somewhere that in #18 it was Amanda not Sam. She didn't expect the 2nd spark
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Debating the shippy merits of each of these moments and voting for your favorites will be the focus of the tourament itself.

So add whatever you think is shippy and you'll have a chance to covince your fellow shippers later.

Comment

I've always wondered why Jack wasn't in his blues for that scene.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    Probably for the same reason Sam wasn't...
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                      Probably for the same reason Sam wasn't...
                      He could have been, but perhaps just made a choice to go with civilian clothing. There were plenty of uniforms (dress blues) among the guests (Cam, Landry, Walter).

Comment

Me too! Maybe because he was in them for the whole episode so they thought it might have been too much like the truth

Personally I think service dress looks better than a suit but then maybe they decided against it because it represented everything that had held them back for so long?

Comment

I think the wedding was about Sam and Jack, not Carter and Sir/General.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                            Me too! Maybe because he was in them for the whole episode so they thought it might have been too much like the truth

Personally I think service dress looks better than a suit but then maybe they decided against it because it represented everything that had held them back for so long?
                            Good point Amber. I still think that the blues would've been better.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good point Amber. I still think that the blues would've been better.
                              I agree but then it's like everything with Sam and Jack in Stargate. They give us a sanitised version of what we want rather than the whole shebang with bells and whistles and then say "What? We gave you a whole wedding/kiss but you're complaining its not the right kind?! We can't win!" Except, it's never the real thing just an imitation.

Kiss? Sure, but it's AU/AT! Confession of undying love? Sure, but we'll interrupt it before they actually say the words. Wedding? Sure, but it's all in Vala's head!

Grrrr! MW and JM are the only ones who give us no holds barred ship without strings, RCC just likes to yank our chains.

Comment

What about the kiss in The Broca Divide? That happened in real time.

Comment

Working...
                                X