Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    You know I'm a bit of a picky and demanding reader, so can you tell me whether this story is really good and well-written (or more like 'okay', 'nice enough' etc) and worth the brushing up my French to give it a go? One of the things I really dislike at first glance is the use of dashes instead of quotation marks (although I am familiar with it because of the reading of books in foreign languages I had to do in high school) and things like characterization, credibility and accuracy (of events, science, medical stuff etc) are also very important to me.

I'm asking because it's been a couple of years since I last read full stories/texts in French or have gone to France, so I'm a bit rusty but willing to put in the effort if it's worth it since there are few good fics these days and I've read most of the good old ones already.
    Ahem....ahem...
    The dialogues are written in Italic.
    Characterization? It is totally AU so it is not simple to answer at that.
    I know you're picky!!! It is not the best French fic I ever read but I found this AU original. It's not very long so you can try the first chapters and then decide. ..
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Heheh. No need.

My plot bunny sounds something like this:

Spoiler:

When the mountain shuts down unexpectedly, cutting power to both the Gate and the facility, SG-1 works to gain access to the surface. Major Carter is tasked with tracking down the anomaly, and is alone in a dark control room when a shadowy figure appears in the doorway, stiff and staggering. The scuff of a boot catches her attention, and she turns, startled. The beam of her flashlight illuminates the bloodsoaked form of Graham Simmons, who collapses and gasps his final breaths before he can identify his killer.

At first, SG-1 and General Hammond believe that a Goa'uld influence has somehow infiltrated the base. But as the body count starts to rise, they must consider the idea that one of their own is the culprit. One by one the SGC continues to fall-- will SG-1 find the murderer before there's no one left to save?
      Owww, sounds thrilling!! What about if the bodies start coming back to life...zombie Simmons!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Owww, sounds thrilling!! What about if the bodies start coming back to life...zombie Simmons!!
        Haha that's where I thought that story was going too! Especially knowing how much Selene loves anything to do with zombies.
        Cake - an AU tale of secrets, lies, intrigue and Jack's favourite thing.

Chapter 1

Comment

Heheh. No need.

Spoiler:

When the mountain shuts down unexpectedly, cutting power to both the Gate and the facility, SG-1 works to gain access to the surface. Major Carter is tasked with tracking down the anomaly, and is alone in a dark control room when a shadowy figure appears in the doorway, stiff and staggering. The scuff of a boot catches her attention, and she turns, startled. The beam of her flashlight illuminates the bloodsoaked form of Graham Simmons, who collapses and gasps his final breaths before he can identify his killer.

At first, SG-1 and General Hammond believe that a Goa'uld influence has somehow infiltrated the base. But as the body count starts to rise, they must consider the idea that one of their own is the culprit. One by one the SGC continues to fall-- will SG-1 find the murderer before there's no one left to save?

Cool. I'd read it.

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
          One of my faves is where Jack and Charlie are stranded on the side of the road on the way to Minnesota. Sarah was killed in a car accident 6 months earlier. Sam pulls over to help them, and Jack falls for her pretty much on the spot, as he sees her brilliant mechanic skills and way she engages with his son. Sam feels an instant bond with Charlie - having lost her own mother in a car accident at a young age. While Jack and Sam are talking Charlie wanders out onto the road as a truck comes around the bend. Sam drags Charlie out of harms way, but injures her ankle in the process. Jack's car not moving and Sam being unable to drive means Jack and Charlie have to drive Sam's car and by the end of the road trip Jack finds himself unable to let her go... :'(

...I shall get around to writing it one day.
          I'd read this one too.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          really?? i never saw that ep.
          You should try your hand Sally. I'm sure it would be worth it.

It's certainly one of the reasons I started writing fic; to create the scenes I'd like to see.
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
            Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
            Haha that's where I thought that story was going too! Especially knowing how much Selene loves anything to do with zombies.
            I like reading/watching zombies, but writing them is a chore. For a while now I've wanted to try my hand at a true suspense/horror story. I also have a scary Sanctuary bunny towards that end, but haven't gotten much past that stage...

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              Ermergerd!! That's exactly what I was looking for!! *snurch*

Heheh. No need.
              Spoiler:

i once did a story (in my head)
              Spoiler:
              where jack showed up at sam's wedding to pete...
              sam was in one of the dressing rooms, but wouldn't come out. jack went in secretly to talk to her... they talked... jack told her he loved her *finally*... she said she loved him too...
              they quietly left without anyone knowing, and were driving to jack's cabin to help sam hide out. but on their way, jack spotted a small wedding chapel. he pulled over, and in perfect jack mode, asked sam if she wanted to get married, since she was still wearing her wedding dress. she smiled and said yes.
              they were married by a sweet old man and his wife. they honeymooned at a motel that was on the way to the cabin.
              i love in-your-head fics, b/c they're done so fast (and my crappy writing skills don't show up)!
              One of my faves is
              Spoiler:
              where Jack and Charlie are stranded on the side of the road on the way to Minnesota. Sarah was killed in a car accident 6 months earlier. Sam pulls over to help them, and Jack falls for her pretty much on the spot, as he sees her brilliant mechanic skills and way she engages with his son. Sam feels an instant bond with Charlie - having lost her own mother in a car accident at a young age. While Jack and Sam are talking Charlie wanders out onto the road as a truck comes around the bend. Sam drags Charlie out of harms way, but injures her ankle in the process. Jack's car not moving and Sam being unable to drive means Jack and Charlie have to drive Sam's car and by the end of the road trip Jack finds himself unable to let her go... :'(
              ...I shall get around to writing it one day.
              So many plot bunnies! Get crackin', the lot of you!!! I will gladly beta for anyone of these...

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
              Yes but it is in French though
              Darn my single language limitation...
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

LMAO! It's by hilandncr... I find it amusing that I didn't know this.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8822601/...Gates-Crossing
                Yep, loved that fic.

Comment

Kinda quiet on the thread tonight. Hope that means that those plot bunnies are being turned into great fic.

I'm off to bed. Wish me sweet shipper dreams everyone. Have a great night everyone
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

In my case it means I'm watching the Oscars and doing homework.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

found this while tumbling (on tumblr)

Summary:
                      Spoiler:

Sacrifice myself. Sacrifice myself for the others, for family, for friends. So this is the point of the work that I do. I don’t even know why I wanted to become a firefighter. To be honest, I hate fire. And maybe this is the reason why I wear the uniform every day and prepare the equipment, and everytime the phone rings I get in the car and go straight towards next battle. A battle with an element that can easily change people’s lives. Even my life. The hatred for fire keeps me going forward, it gives me strength to win, to show that he is not the master here.
                      This is not the only reason why I stay. Jack, the leader of our group, means a lot more than just a leader to me. He is my friend, I look up to him as to someone who has got experience, who’s brave and determined to lead everything to the happy end. He saved my life countless time. Not only mine. I know that whatever a person do is great. But being a firefighter is kind of a privilege for me. It’s a beautiful feeling when you can save someone’s life. I love doing my job even more when I know that my team stands by my side.

Fake movie poster, Sam Carter as a firefighter.

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                        Kinda quiet on the thread tonight. Hope that means that those plot bunnies are being turned into great fic.
                        Stupid muse is running off with other ships! I'm writing, but it's not doing my S/J story a bit of good...
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Stupid muse is running off with other ships! I'm writing, but it's not doing my S/J story a bit of good...
                          there's other ships?

sally

sigpic

Comment

Just finished the Valenship thread! Wow, a lot of awesome contributions!!

We have the best ship!!!

Comment

there's other ships?

Is Jack and Sam really your only ship? They're my favourite, but I must say... There are some great ones out there.
                              The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
                                Yep, loved that fic.
                                Dang! You read it already? My all time favourite FF is called Pete and the Temple of Doom.
                                The password is fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X