Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    No pressure, guys, really. I solemnly swear to continue that very very AU one after this WIP.
    is that a money back if we're not completely satisfied guarantee?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      is that a money back if we're not completely satisfied guarantee?
      Then you'll have to write your own version of a fic that satisfies you I guess.
      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Then you'll have to write your own version of a fic that satisfies you I guess.
        well okay then

Comment

That I can completely agree. It's such a game of do we, do we not, that it's not just painful, but tiring as well. Which is unusual, since Gen Varel typically likes RST too.
          I admit I prefer fics where UST turns into RST at some point. If UST is dragged too much I find reading the fic just frustrating. Just my opinion though.
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            I admit I prefer fics where UST turns into RST at some point. If UST is dragged too much I find reading the fic just frustrating. Just my opinion though.
            Yep, you've said it. My preference too.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                that's how i feel too.

i guess my number one reason i read fics is b/c it fulfills a fantasy that the series can't/won't. fics GO to super shippy!

but i read/have read a wide variety of fics.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  that's how i feel too.

i guess my number one reason i read fics is b/c it fulfills a fantasy that the series can't/won't. fics GO to super shippy!

but i read/have read a wide variety of fics.
                  Indeed! Although, as someone pointed out in the shipper lounge thread, I'd rather they didn't address it at all in the series than ruin it. I don't think anyone but Joe Mallozzi and Martin Wood could do it justice. I have images of Rob Cooper raining on their parade by throwing more obstacles in the way lol, he is the king of angst! (By the way, did JM ever sell tshirts saying "Rob Cooper made me cry!"?)
                  Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                    Indeed! Although, as someone pointed out in the shipper lounge thread, I'd rather they didn't address it at all in the series than ruin it. I don't think anyone but Joe Mallozzi and Martin Wood could do it justice. I have images of Rob Cooper raining on their parade by throwing more obstacles in the way lol, he is the king of angst! (By the way, did JM ever sell tshirts saying "Rob Cooper made me cry!"?)
                    i don't know 'how' the confirmation could be ruined, other than it *not* happening.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i don't know 'how' the confirmation could be ruined, other than it *not* happening.
                      Ask selene how confirmation could be ruined. I can see many ways they might do it. That's why I'd rather they just keep their hands off.

Comment

I think you need a shipper director and a shipper writer to do this...
                        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

With pre-approval from the shipper family.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Ask selene how confirmation could be ruined. I can see many ways they might do it. That's why I'd rather they just keep their hands off.
                            i really can't imagine it being ruined with s/j. the only thing i can imagine being THE worst is it not happening. if anything, amanda and rick would lift up any writing short-comings...
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

With pre-approval from the shipper family.
                              whoever is the least subtle in writing, i nominate this person!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Yep, her CSI ship has just been ruined by the writers! They got their dream ending then boom, shattered to pieces in the worst way.

As long as they don't have Sam shacked up with the President's aid, I think we'd be ok but for them to outright deny it would be terrible. Still, for me, Trio deleted scene counts. Not what I would have liked by a long shot but if they ignored it in any future film I'd be

Yep, we'd need JM and MW with RDA and AT and to lock Rob Cooper in a cupboard until the scene was signed, sealed and delivered
                                Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X