Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay thanks for the explanation!
    sigpic
    Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

"Give me a pen and I'll write the words"
    http://avp60685.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
      Well, if they're not working together at the SGC, then that would make this question a matter for the AU-sphere, right? Right. So...

What's the criteria? Are we assuming that they're both military, but not working together? Or are we assuming one or both of them are NOT military?

Here are some possibilities:

Both are military- Sam remained a fighter pilot until getting recruited by NASA. She's on the shuttle that picks up SG-1 from orbit after destroying Apophis' incoming fleet in "Serpent's Lair". Their eyes meet and it's over. Smitten. The End.

Sam is military, Jack is not-
      Sam loses a close comrade of hers in the war. She goes to a grief counseling group, and happens to go the same night Jack participates for the first time. He's just lost his son. They make a connection through their mutual distrust of touchy-feely psychology, and they slowly come to rely on each other to move past their respective losses. They marry five years later.

Jack is military, Sam is not- Jack injures his knee in early training. Gets work as a groundsman for a prestigious academy until he heals. John Deere engine breaks down, Sam (a student) comes to rescue him. Jack tries to hide it but he's head over heels. Please refer to Beyond the Stars for full details.

Neither are military- Sam is a concert pianist. When an avid fan becomes threatening, her publicist (Janet) enlists the aid of bodyguard Jack O'Neill to keep Sam safe until the stalker can be brought to justice. Despite his best efforts, a friendship blossoms between them. Jack tries to keep things professional, but when close calls come one after the other, Jack realizes that Sam is no ordinary woman, and her stalker is no ordinary threat. He nails the bad guy, and just before Jack takes his leave, Sam asks him to stay-- always.

Of course, these are just a few possibilities.

Long story(s) short, I think that they do not necessarily get together in every universe/reality. For whatever reason, something may prevent them from coming together. I'm not suggesting that they are miserable in every reality in which they are not together. They may find love independently of each other, and they may even be very happy with others, but they simply do not reach the perfection they find in each other.
      Lol I'm picturing Sam getting dive-bombed onstage by an earpiece-and-gun-wielding Jack a la Whitney Houston in The Bodyguard lol! You really should write this one I'd love to read it!

I also like the grief counselling idea too.
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Maybe I can do that in my thread "my stargate sg-1 scenarios"
        sigpic
        Fate makes our relatives; choice makes our friends-quote I found in my dad's senior year of high school under his name

Comment

Part of me is latching onto my little bunnies and wanting to say "No! Stay away!" But I'm also realistic. I'm never going to write those, probably. I'm having enough issues with my current project.

So, have at them! (Except for the "Jack is military, Sam is not" scenario. Clearly, that one's taken.)

Comment

Just give me the scenario and I'll do the rest! Just post it in my thread, thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

why do i get a feeling the "Avid fan" in the neither one is military would be either Pete or Jonas.

Comment

LOL I can do either scenario
                sigpic

Comment

Part of me is latching onto my little bunnies and wanting to say "No! Stay away!" But I'm also realistic. I'm never going to write those, probably. I'm having enough issues with my current project.

So, have at them! (Except for the "Jack is military, Sam is not" scenario. Clearly, that one's taken.)
                  I dunno, I think you should take a crack at the Sam is military, Jack is not scenario you've got up there. I wanna read it.
                  Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Just post it in my thread and I'll start working on it ASAP!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      why do i get a feeling the "Avid fan" in the neither one is military would be either Pete or Jonas.
                      Lol for some reason Felger popped into my frond! He's already halfway there with a doll of her. Give him combat skills in an AU and he'd be the perfect stalker!
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

how many more weeks until Unleashed gets....well Released?
                        March 7
                        sigpic

Comment

I was actually thinking of going outside the box. You know, maybe someone previously perceived to be harmless...

Like Sgt. Wa(aaaa)lter. Or Major Paul Davis.

Or someone who would end up being comedic as the fan(atic).

Such as Kinsey. Or Maybourne. Or Simmons.

Or maybe someone we haven't seen before. Who knows? Jonas and Pete are a tad overdone (though I admit I have/will be using them in my fics).

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                            Lol for some reason Felger popped into my frond! He's already halfway there with a doll of her. Give him combat skills in an AU and he'd be the perfect stalker!
                            Or Siler. With his giant wrench.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

I was actually thinking of going outside the box. You know, maybe someone previously perceived to be harmless...

Or maybe someone we haven't seen before. Who knows? Jonas and Pete are a tad overdone (though I admit I have/will be using them in my fics).
                              Maybourne a Sam-Stalker?

Really?!?!?!

Comment

Would that be the sweet, unassuming, innocent Lt. Graham Simmons or the evil Colonel Simmons?

Comment

Working...
                                X