X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
    **hugs Sally and includes it on mine.**

Oh. Thanks for posting.

I wonder if AT is still surprised or gets a little tired of still being asked the same questions about Sam and Jack?
    speaking of that vid, i found the entire panel and the larger version/answer to that question... i found the longer version much more shippy!!

http://antipodalarapaima.blogspot.co....html?spref=tw

go to part two, at about 7 mins/5 seconds in.

i think amanda was trying to be g-rated in her answer.

~edited to add: i just watched the whole thing (3 parts), and it's not the 'entire' panel. i don't know if the person recording it ran out of tape (whatever it's called ), or there's going to be a part 4. also, amanda talks about tiny bit about rick and her being dorky while filming the fake wedding scene. it's at the end of part 3.
    Last edited by majorsal; 27 August 2012, 04:57 PM.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
      Gah!!!!! I forgot about Spike and Buffy!
      I never shipped Buffy and Spike, I always thought that was just so wrong. Buffy/Angel!!!

Back to the one true ship ==> <==

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
        ooops so it has, sorry RL has got in the way, will endeavour to do it soon
        Hmm ok. I know how rl can be, but I'm holding you to that Suz.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

speaking of that vid, i found the entire panel and the larger version/answer to that question... i found the longer version much more shippy!!

.. but it didn't work did it. She was blushing!!!!!!!

That made me smile, since it's been so many years.
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          This scene?

It's from Small Victories, Season 1, Episode 1.
          Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
          Season 4, ep 1.

Thank you soooooo much!!! this is really one of my favourite scenes between the 2^^
          Last edited by Bagpuss; 28 August 2012, 12:34 AM. Reason: Pic tags changed.

Comment

i know, i loved that!!

(((amanda)))
            Last edited by majorsal; 27 August 2012, 05:07 PM.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              Okay, so, let me tell you a story about shipping and fandom.

There once was a girl who discovered sci-fi. The show she fell in love with was called Star Trek: Voyager. She was 12.

<snip>
              When this girl was on the cusp of turning 30...

(spoilers for the newest Trek novel...)
              Spoiler:
              THEY FREAKING BROUGHT JANEWAY BACK AND ENDED THE NOVEL WITH JANEWAY AND CHAKOTAY TOGETHER COMPLETE WITH ADMISSION OF LOOOOOOVE. YES I AM SCREAMING THIS...

:: flail flail flail :: And I needed to flail somewhere and that was here. Because S/J made me believe again. And now...now I might be able to bear fluffiness. And if this is possible...anything is possible. Even more Stargate...
              :flails alongside:

Aside from the meeting a boy and getting married part, that's me too! I discovered voyager around the beginning of Season 6 and JetC was defiantely my first ship. I was in JetCJr10 and boy were those fun times. Every time I catch Voyager there's still that fondness that I have for the ship and once in a while I do go back and re-read the really really great fics.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
              My first ship was Sara and Grissom on CSI. The Las Vegas one. It's fairly new school compared to some of the rest of yours', but it must be said that CSI was the first tv show I ever watched live. I was a junior in high school, and I feel proud that I, on my own, supported a ship that was not widely acknowledged, but got their confirmation in the end.

The only thing that's different with Sam and Jack is that there's no official confirmation. But that's just garnish, really.
              Agreed - I was actually quite surprised when GSR had confirmation! They were my second ship. I'd grown used to at that point with TPTB doing whatever they wanted. Boy did I squee (good thing I was at college!) when I saw the confirmation scene. And the season after! Though Selene, had you been to a forum called "yourtaxdollarsatwork.org", you would have found some kindred spirits there.

As for my newest, S/J ship, I'd love confirmation, but yeah, that would simply be garnish

Comment

That AT clip was adorable. BLUSHING

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                :flails alongside:

Aside from the meeting a boy and getting married part, that's me too! I discovered voyager around the beginning of Season 6 and JetC was defiantely my first ship. I was in JetCJr10 and boy were those fun times. Every time I catch Voyager there's still that fondness that I have for the ship and once in a while I do go back and re-read the really really great fics.
                JetCJr OT
                Spoiler:
                Wait. You were in JetCJr10!? OMG. Okay. I was in one of the early ones. This will strain your brain - I'm always on the hunt for anyone who remembers that period - do you remember Jennica Williams? She's a friend of mine - we met through JetCJr and egads, I went to her wedding last year. I went my Merkur13 in those days and the pen name Ami - not to be confused with another Ami that still has her fanfic up, mine has thankfully been lost to the oblivion of the digital age never to be seen again). But if you don't remember that's okay. It feels like it was a million years ago...or 15...

Comment

K guys. Bed time for me but before I go, I leave you with this.

After all these years......

........ blushing

sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

~edited to add: i just watched the whole thing (3 parts), and it's not the 'entire' panel. i don't know if the person recording it ran out of tape (whatever it's called ), or there's going to be a part 4. also, amanda talks about tiny bit about rick and her being dorky while filming the fake wedding scene. it's at the end of part 3.
                    Thanks for that link Sally!!!
                    The shippiness I noticed:

At the very beginning of Part 1, when asked what Sam Carter and Helen Magnus would talk about at lunch AT said they would talk about a boy named Jack. Sam would say, "I have a boy named Jack," and Helen would say, "I do too."

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

Agreed - I was actually quite surprised when GSR had confirmation! They were my second ship. I'd grown used to at that point with TPTB doing whatever they wanted. Boy did I squee (good thing I was at college!) when I saw the confirmation scene. And the season after! Though Selene, had you been to a forum called "yourtaxdollarsatwork.org", you would have found some kindred spirits there.
                      You... you mean... there were other GSR shippers out there? And... and I never knew?

I never met anyone who shipped them! Not even my other loyal watchers saw it. Either that, or they didn't care. My I-told-you-so Snoopy dance was so very lonely... *sob*

But you know... after watching Sam and Jack, GSR has kinda lost its vibrancy. I guess one could say that all other ships pale in comparison. They've ruined me for most other ships. Well, except for Helen/John in Sanctuary. Their ship is just so aggressively potent that it takes my breath away. Where S/J are are the tingly warmth that turns me to mush, Helen/John are the wash of chills that makes my neck hairs stand on edge. They're electric.

But I can only take Helen/John in small doses. Sam and Jack I could easily OD on and die happy.

Comment

Thanks for that link Sally!!!
                        The shippiness I noticed:

At the very beginning of Part 1, when asked what Sam Carter and Helen Magnus would talk about at lunch AT said they would talk about a boy named Jack. Sam would say, "I have a boy named Jack," and Helen would say, "I do too."
                        I haven't had chance to watch the vid yet, but that is so awesome, Amanda truly believes Sam and jack are together, and as she played Sam then to me that is canon... Boom
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by Starry Starry Night View Post
                          Anyway, will be posting more here, for sure.. It's so nice to see a thread about this ship, because I was first reading the general ship thread, but there was just too much anti-shippiness.. This thread seems more fun
                          WELCOME!! Oh we ARE fun!! Please stick around.

Originally posted by P4X639 View Post
                          Hey there ^^

I know I'm new, but I really want to find 1 episode because there is this really cute scene with Sam&Jack in Sams laboratory and Jack is sneaking under her magnifying glass, I think she was looking at a replicator-piece and he asks her something. I'm searching for almost a week and I still can't find it^^
                          This scene?

It's from Small Victories, Season 4, Episode 1.
                          One of my FAVORITE Sam smiles!! I love how he does something simple and it completely distracts her.

But I can only take Helen/John in small doses. Sam and Jack I could easily OD on and die happy.
                          *snort*
                          painless...completely, blissfully painless. *hands out shipper cookies*
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

After all these years......
                            ........ blushing
                            Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                            I haven't had chance to watch the vid yet, but that is so awesome, Amanda truly believes Sam and jack are together, and as she played Sam then to me that is canon... Boom
                            Awww...it was so cute! Thanks for sharing.

She is awefully tolerant of crazy shippers, poor girl!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Amanda Tapping seems so indulgent of S/J shippers!

Were there any occasions in which she had actually explicitly expressed her desire for a closure (a good one!) for Sam and Jack? Or that she had hoped they had gotten together somehow?
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

You... you mean... there were other GSR shippers out there? And... and I never knew?

I never met anyone who shipped them! Not even my other loyal watchers saw it. Either that, or they didn't care. My I-told-you-so Snoopy dance was so very lonely... *sob*

But you know... after watching Sam and Jack, GSR has kinda lost its vibrancy. I guess one could say that all other ships pale in comparison. They've ruined me for most other ships. Well, except for Helen/John in Sanctuary. Their ship is just so aggressively potent that it takes my breath away. Where S/J are are the tingly warmth that turns me to mush, Helen/John are the wash of chills that makes my neck hairs stand on edge. They're electric.

Bolding is mine. I agree too. I think it has to do with how honourable both characters are, knowing yet staying true to Air Force regulations. The stakes are also higher with Sam/Jack (the universe and all that...)

p.s. I totally agree about Helen/John being electric. I love the dance between them - so much HISTORY. Helen/Tesla is fun and Helen/James is comfy but Helen&John have such Angst!

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                That AT clip was adorable. BLUSHING

JetCJr OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Wait. You were in JetCJr10!? OMG. Okay. I was in one of the early ones. This will strain your brain - I'm always on the hunt for anyone who remembers that period - do you remember Jennica Williams? She's a friend of mine - we met through JetCJr and egads, I went to her wedding last year. I went my Merkur13 in those days and the pen name Ami - not to be confused with another Ami that still has her fanfic up, mine has thankfully been lost to the oblivion of the digital age never to be seen again). But if you don't remember that's okay. It feels like it was a million years ago...or 15...
                                Isn't it? I love her.

Spoiler:
                                Perhaps we should take this offline, but I do remember someone by that name that wrote fics...vaguely. My best JetCJr. contact was always Coral. Remember her? It was indeed eons ago. I did join rather late in the game at JetCJr but the time I spent in the IIRC chatrooms was great fun.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                                Amanda Tapping seems so indulgent of S/J shippers!

Were there any occasions in which she had actually explicitly expressed her desire for a closure (a good one!) for Sam and Jack? Or that she had hoped they had gotten together somehow?
                                I am SURE that she mentioned something about them fishing at some convention some where. She restated something simular at FanExpo last weekend, but the original is up somewhere on youtube. perhaps one of the others knows which conn I'm referring to?

Comment

Working...
                                X