Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    At long last, the new Campfire is up. Really sorry for the delay.

Enjoy.

wooohoooo

goes off, gets coffee and time to snuggle on the sofa whilst i read
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Enjoy.

Yay!! Thank you so much for updating
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        This is completely off topic, but for my friends her who are also Janeway/Chakotay shippers:

I just finished reading the latest Voyager novel "The Eternal Tide."

Spoiler:
        The whole thing was completely satisfying, especially the ending. There was some great drama and angst before getting to the happy ending and the story honored and respected all of the characters. I highly recommend the whole series.

To bring this back to Sam and Jack, I can only say that I wish MGM and the Stargate publishers would be more daring and allow the characters to grow and progress as they should. That is one strength of the Star Trek franchise I wish the SG people would learn from.
        TET
        Spoiler:
        I actually bought the book and only read the J/C parts. Am I officially pathetic? Yes. Yes I am. I admit it. I've been shipping them since I was 12. I turn 30 next month. YES I HAVE SHIPPED THEM FOR 18 year....oh dear... *now* I feel old

Enjoy.

:: runs through the thread nekkid ::

POL POSTED A CAMPFIRE. POL POSTED A CAMPFIRE!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          TET
          Spoiler:
          I actually bought the book and only read the J/C parts. Am I officially pathetic? Yes. Yes I am. I admit it. I've been shipping them since I was 12. I turn 30 next month. YES I HAVE SHIPPED THEM FOR 18 year....oh dear... *now* I feel old

LOL...Shannon, I can't reply to your FFN feedback, you've turned off private messaging, but I wanted you to know that your note cracked me up. ::flail::
          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            amanda and richard will be at an event together in october in paris. i can't wait to see the pictures!!

http://www.julesverne.org/index.php?...id=432&lang=en
            when was the last time those two appeared at a con together? San Diego Comic con 2008?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              when was the last time those two appeared at a con together? San Diego Comic con 2008?
              There was also a Vancouver Gatecon after SDCC 2008.

As seen here.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

I rec'cd this on the Fic Rec thread, thought I'd share here as well.

A cute little fic about kissing

A Quarrel and a Kiss
                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                  There was also a Vancouver Gatecon after SDCC 2008.

As seen here.

either way it's been four years since a con.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr-Helen-Granger View Post
                    Because I don't physically have time to search through this entire thread, does anyone know of any really good Sam/Jack fics that don't spoil the seasons too much?
                    *welcome*
                    others have mentioned pol's "Campfires", which is what I would have recommended.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    So, did Jack and Sam have the last barbeque of the summer this weekend? http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j5...ack_picnic.gif
                    Of course! Do you think Cassie and her family came over for a meal??

Originally posted by P4X639 View Post
                    oh damn my link didn't work...
                    here it is again, Sry^^ http://www7.pic-upload.de/05.09.12/79owq8jie1q.png
                    are you sure? well, in my little world it will always be a kind of 'have fun on atlantis' gift from jack xDDD^^
                    I love the enthusiasm! INDEED!

Thus. Fishing. And so with shippy-colored glasses...
                    *ahem* Fish-ING!!!

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                    Thanks for all the "howdys" you guys. I was just having a "woe is me" moment. You guys are great!
                    We all have those moments! It helps to have a place to come hang out & discuss mutual loves.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKImexKmycs
                    Thanks for posting, XF -that was perfect!

At long last, the new Campfire is up. Really sorry for the delay. Enjoy.
                    *joins in running* WHOO-HOO!!
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I just started hearing this song on the radio around here (even though it's been out for awhile). It's one of those songs that reminds me of the harrowing moments faced by those serving in the military. (it's a great song, but it is very somber).

It makes me think of SG-1 because the writers of the show and the actors tried to show respect to the military in how it was protrayed: this song reminds me of how members of a unit are willing to make the sacrifice for each other...and how SG-1 is willing to do the same.

*I hope that made sense. guh.*
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        I just started hearing this song on the radio around here (even though it's been out for awhile). It's one of those songs that reminds me of the harrowing moments faced by those serving in the military. (it's a great song, but it is very somber).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrjXsQ_KUM

It makes me think of SG-1 because the writers of the show and the actors tried to show respect to the military in how it was protrayed: this song reminds me of how members of a unit are willing to make the sacrifice for each other...and how SG-1 is willing to do the same.

beautiful song
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrjXsQ_KUM

Thanks for sharing this. It's a great song
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL...Shannon, I can't reply to your FFN feedback, you've turned off private messaging, but I wanted you to know that your note cracked me up. ::flail::
                            Oh! Yes. I did turn that off in my great rage against FFN >:O <-- angry face at FFN. Hehe, glad it cracked you up.

So of course, that begs the question, when will you neglect RL to give us MOOOOAAARRR (you know we won't be satisfied until you have written ALL of them? And then we'll be expecting more fic...*cough*)

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZrjX...layer_embedded

Good movie too!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post
                                I rec'cd this on the Fic Rec thread, thought I'd share here as well.

A cute little fic about kissing

A Quarrel and a Kiss
                                Oh, this was a great one! I have a huge grin on my face now...

Comment

Working...
                                X