Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    As I slog through the arid, thirsty land of 'no campfires', I am bouyed by the distant sound of campfires on the horizon, coming to feed my parched sould. LOL...can't wait.
    Never let it be said that shippers can't be dramatic (in a good way) lol.

Welcome, newbies! (I think I may have missed one or two...) I'm a bit of one, myself, actually Better late than never, right?

I thought of Pol and her Pi day stories the other day, when it was announced that the U.S.'s population had reached the exact number of pi, without the decimals.

Comment

Wow, I leave for camp and suddenly the thread explodes.

Firstly - welcome new shippers It wasn't that long ago that I was a newbie myself...ah, the good old days.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I'll echo SaraBahama here. I've made my case before as to why Cam was in charge and why it's a good thing.

The quick version:

1. He was offered SG-1, so it was his job to pick his team. It would have reflected very poorly on his record for Sam to show up and for them to just give her his job.
      2. Sam was originally only supposed to be on temporary assignment. Then the Ori happened.
      3. The leader always has to do the most paperwork, stay the latest, and do the most. Sam has a guy in Washington... Good ole' single Cam can handle that, thanks
      4. I don't think Sam wanted the position. See #3.

But I like Cam (I loved their friendly dynamic because I saw no UST - my dad has military buddies - female - that he knew from his time in service. There's no secret tension, my mom knows their names, and they know her, and they have a camaraderie that extends to the personal (one has been helping my parents with my grandparents in a wonderful way). It's nice to see Sam have that kind of friendship.

Vala. Well, I think she's funny. Over the top at moments, but had we more seasons I think we would have seen a character masking such painful wounds...I feel a little robbed LOL.

My shipper heart welcomed them because it meant that Sam and Jack were together, even if I had to live without RDA. And no regs are broken, which satisfies my USAF heart.

You and I completely agree here I actually didn't mind those seasons quite as much but what I did mind was not what rank Sam was, but how they used her character in a few eps. And I completely agree that not being "in charge" left Sam a lot freer to do other things...she didn't have to worry about commanding militarily AND trying to solve scientific puzzles at the same time.

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      As I slog through the arid, thirsty land of 'no campfires', I am buoyed by the distant sound of campfires on the horizon, coming to feed my parched soul.
      how poetic!

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post

You and I completely agree here I actually didn't mind those seasons quite as much but what I did mind was not what rank Sam was, but how they used her character in a few eps. And I completely agree that not being "in charge" left Sam a lot freer to do other things...she didn't have to worry about commanding militarily AND trying to solve scientific puzzles at the same time.

I totally agree with this. A large part of my...I don't know what word I'm looking for, but I guess lack of affection works...for seasons 9 & 10 come from the lack of RDA, not that I begrudge him the time with his family. I just missed him (and Jack). I actually do like Mitchell, and Vala kind of grew on me, once she had been around enough for our favorite team to rub off on her.
        And with not being in charge, it was easier for her to take leave, and take little trips (to the other side of the country ).

Comment

Attention All Shippers: Probies and Veterans

SGSuzi and I decided to lead another Shipper Rewatch and we need volunteers!! The rewatch will take place on the discussion thread here. I'll post the schedule as soon as we've finalized it, but to do that we need your help! We're looking for people to volunteer and do reviews. If you're interested please PM me and let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. This is a great opportunity for our new members (including me) to share our thoughts about our favorite show and of course our favorite couple!

We're also looking for people that are willing to create banners for season 1 so please let me know if you're willing to make some!

sigpic

Comment

So...it's been a long time since I was here...life got in the way and stuff. However, I caught a sam/jack vid online today and thought I would stop in. I also found out that there was a third movie that was supposed to happen and it had good things for the shippers. I have been so out of the loop!! Even though the movie is never getting made, it was lovely to see that the Sam/Jack relationship was going to be officially ON
            It doesn't matter what you believe in, just believe in something. I believe in myself, in others, in Love, in peace and Health and well-being for ALL.....

Comment

Welcome all newbies! So great to see new shippers!!

Meredith: I will contribute to the S/J shipper re-watch discussion when I can, but I don't have much time to do individual reviews, sorry CURSE RL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
                I think hedwig made the observation before that Sam's character seemed to be sidelined in S9 & 10.
                I won't complain futher -it sounds like sour grapes, and I don't mean it that way.

I definitely missed the easy camaraderie that the old team had.

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                Attention All Shippers: Probies and Veterans

SGSuzi and I decided to lead another Shipper Rewatch and we need volunteers!! The rewatch will take place on the discussion thread here. I'll post the schedule as soon as we've finalized it, but to do that we need your help! We're looking for people to volunteer and do reviews. If you're interested please PM me and let me know how many episodes you'd like to do, if there's any dates you know you won't be around, and if there are any episodes you particularly do or don't want to review. This is a great opportunity for our new members (including me) to share our thoughts about our favorite show and of course our favorite couple!

We're also looking for people that are willing to create banners for season 1 so please let me know if you're willing to make some!

Loving the newbie enthusiasm! Have we decided on a rewatch schedule yet? I would love to help...my Photobucket has been giving me trouble lately, but I can try.

Originally posted by FaithStars View Post
                So...it's been a long time since I was here...life got in the way and stuff. However, I caught a sam/jack vid online today and thought I would stop in. I also found out that there was a third movie that was supposed to happen and it had good things for the shippers. I have been so out of the loop!! Even though the movie is never getting made, it was lovely to see that the Sam/Jack relationship was going to be officially ON
                Welcome back! Yep...the love goes on!
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

PICSPAM!!!

sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I would also have liked to participate in the re-watch (as I pretty much had nothing to do with the previous one ) but I'm thinking that between work, my bro going off to college, trying to take a writing class, writing AND reading, and then any other spare moment being used to make more art on Photoshop, any commitment to actually writing a review would be considered sheer lunacy.

Which is sad, because I can write a killer review.

Comment

sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                              I would also have liked to participate in the re-watch (as I pretty much had nothing to do with the previous one ) but I'm thinking that between work, my bro going off to college, trying to take a writing class, writing AND reading, and then any other spare moment being used to make more art on Photoshop, any commitment to actually writing a review would be considered sheer lunacy.

Which is sad, because I can write a killer review.
                              Maybe you could make a banner and I could write a review? I'm trying not to over commit either one of us here...

BTW: writing one review wouldn't do you MUCH harm...
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

this one is by hlndncr...not mine!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X