• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    YAY -purdy NOLA!!
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Are we all going to be required to wear white (or brown) robes and carry a staff with a light on the top of it?

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        Nice point -never thought of it that way!

This ep is such a great example of the complexity of their relationship. You can see his concern as her CO...as her friend, and layered underneath is that *something* that he keeps at a cautious distance (I don't think he denies it...he just seems to try desperately not to let it pull him in). LOVE IT.
        Oh, absolutely he doesn't deny it. It's clear as day on his face every time he looks at Sam, but ESPECIALLY at times like that scene. I mean, Sam is amazing, we all know it. She's brilliant, she's tough, she's totally bad ass. Everyone knows it, including the other characters on the show. And when Jack gets reminded of the fact that Sam really is just mortal? There's this unconscious look of fear on his face. He said it himself, he's terrified of losing her.

And I LOVE IT when he lets himself act on it, even in the tiniest possible ways, like the cuddle scene in Death Knell. That is what keeps me going during the episodes with he who must not be named. That is why I ship this SO HARD.
        sigpic
        "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)
        My Facebook//My fanfic (LJ)

Comment

Oh my! This is what happens when I stop replying halfway through to tend to a cranky toddler.

Hallowed are Sam and Jack! hehe.
          sigpic
          "I didn't leave...because I'd have rather died myself than lose Carter." (Divide and Conquer)

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Are we all going to be required to wear white (or brown) robes and carry a staff with a light on the top of it?
            Yes! And the Ark of Truth will transmit through our staffs so that the entire galaxy will know that Sam and Jack are SOOOOO MARRIED!!!!

Comment

So, just a reminder from the great-great granddaughter (on both sides), great granddaughter, and granddaughter (again, both sides) of West Point grads and a former USAF officer herself, the Army/Navy game is this Saturday.

Jack and Sam are hosting the party, Cass is bringing her new sweetie (and her famous taco dip), Teal'c has promised to return, and Jack has the Guinness on ice. Party starts at 11 in the Springs, game at 12:30 (CST).

GO ARMY!! Beat Navy (sorry Amy!)

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                Thigh holsters are sexy. LOL

I worked Pete into my personal canon this way - Sam doesn't have the best taste in guys (except Jack, but even then, he's unattainable). Hanson was nutty (yes he was nuttier in his episode, but Sam almost *married* him...controlling, manipulative...wait, who were we talking about again?? LOL).

Her attractions also fell into weird and/or creepy (Martouf "You Look Like My Dead Girlfriend", Orlin "I Haven't Seen a Girl In A Thousand Years", Joe "By The Way Honey, It Was Only Supposed to Be A Small Percentage of the Population" Faxon).

I'm just sayin'.

I agree, Jack's choices Laira and even more Kerry are saints by comparison

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  I agree, Jack's choices Laira and even more Kerry are saints by comparison
                  Kerry yes, Laira not so much. I find her very manipulative (but I've ranted about that before so I won't go into that again ). I don't count Kynthia because date-raped him - and yet he was still nice to her!

But at least we know that Jack doesn't suck as much as Sam when it comes to relationships, seeing how he was married to Sara (no, not you SaraBahama!) and apparently they were 'the greatest', until they lost Charlie...
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

I love all the Advent art, and also the 12 Days of Shipmas.

"Hallowed are Sam & Jack!"
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                      Nice point -never thought of it that way!

This ep is such a great example of the complexity of their relationship. You can see his concern as her CO...as her friend, and layered underneath is that *something* that he keeps at a cautious distance (I don't think he denies it...he just seems to try desperately not to let it pull him in). LOVE IT.

Cool!! good job!

10 points to Griffindor! Ooops...wrong fandom! ** Good point, Eve.

Haha Thanks although I'm Shannon

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                      I hope not >.<

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      So, just a reminder from the great-great granddaughter (on both sides), great granddaughter, and granddaughter (again, both sides) of West Point grads and a former USAF officer herself, the Army/Navy game is this Saturday.

Jack and Sam are hosting the party, Cass is bringing her new sweetie (and her famous taco dip), Teal'c has promised to return, and Jack has the Guinness on ice. Party starts at 11 in the Springs, game at 12:30 (CST).

GO ARMY!! Beat Navy (sorry Amy!)

*cough* So maybe a fic *cough* Pol *cough*

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                        Kerry yes, Laira not so much. I find her very manipulative (but I've ranted about that before so I won't go into that again ). I don't count Kynthia because date-raped him - and yet he was still nice to her!

But at least we know that Jack doesn't suck as much as Sam when it comes to relationships, seeing how he was married to Sara (no, not you SaraBahama!) and apparently they were 'the greatest', until they lost Charlie...
                        Do you think Sam and Jack could have survived losing a child like that?
                        I want to say yes but I'm just not sure

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                          Do you think Sam and Jack could have survived losing a child like that?
                          I want to say yes but I'm just not sure
                          I don't think you can compare the two situations. First of all, the Jack we know is different from the Jack that still had his Charlie. Second, Jack's marriage to Sara was very different from his relationship/marriage to Sam as their bond is... I won't say stronger, but they've gone through a lot together, fighting side by side while Sara just knew him as 'Jack' and his job was classified. Thirdly, can you really make the comparison with Jack already having gone through it once and losing his family (and himself for a while)?

Last but not least; I don't want to consider the possibility of them losing a child like that!* I just want them to be happy!

* Admittedly, in one of my fics Sam miscarries and in another their baby is in Ba'al's evil hands (but it has a happy ending). And it's not the same as your 8/9(?)-year-old son accidentally killing himself with your gun
                          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

In preparation for Shipmas, I thought I'd share this with you all.

This is a little post-Grace drabble that I wrote for a Stargate gift exchange on livejournal, and it's the jumping-off point for the fic I'm hoping to have ready in time for Shipmas.

I'm new to writing S/J, so I do appreciate feedback
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

*cough* So maybe a fic *cough* Pol *cough*
                              Sure, Shannon. I'd *love* to read your fic! ;p

Okay, I'll try too.
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by mamageek View Post
                                In preparation for Shipmas, I thought I'd share this with you all.

This is a little post-Grace drabble that I wrote for a Stargate gift exchange on livejournal, and it's the jumping-off point for the fic I'm hoping to have ready in time for Shipmas.

I'm new to writing S/J, so I do appreciate feedback
                                That was a nice drabble. I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing that was happened for reals on the show.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X