Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
    I don't have the gif but I do have this which you are free to download if it's of any use:

[video=youtube;rPNlKKPkThg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPNlKKPkThg[/]
    I think I just wasted about half the day staring at that. ***drool*** Yum!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I was just thinking that
      sigpic

Comment

So, because (and this will make this post On Topic--kinda) I'm more like Jack than Sam, how do I do that? For example. I have a fic of my own that I've converted into a PDF. How do I then get it into the program so that I can read it? I know--I'm not even in the 20th century at this point--closer to the 19th than anything else. I just don't know the basics of what I'm doing.

Can't you just see it? **Wavy dream indicators here**

Computer Problems Ficlet

Spoiler:
        "Hey Sam."

"Yeah, Jack?"

"How do I do it again?"

"How do you do what again?"

"The music thing." His voice was tinged with frustration.

Sam sighed, then set aside the book she'd been reading and stood. "Hold on, I'll be right there." It took her a few minutes to round the coffee table and head into the den, where her husband sat in front of the computer.

He waved a hand at the contraption on the desk in front of him. "It won't do it"

"Do what?"

"Whatever it's supposed to do." Jack shrugged. "You know this idiotic thing better than I do. Either that, or I'm too stupid to use computers."

Scanning the application spread out on her monitor, Sam leaned over his shoulder and clicked a few keys on the keyboard, then reached for the mouse, balancing herself with a hand on his broad shoulder. "Not too stupid, just not as interested."

"I'm interested."

"Since when?" She couldn't control the urge to snort. "You'd be happier if they'd never invented the things in the first place."

"They're good for some things."

"Like what?" Making a few more deliberate clicks with the mouse, the problem was rectified. She squeezed his shoulder. "Like solitaire? Flight Simulator?"

His quick swivel of his chair caught her off-guard, and she found herself unceremoniously toppled off her feet to land across his lap, his hands on her rib cage holding her steady. Eminently confident, his lips curved in a grin that she would have labeled 'predatory' had she not known the man wielding it. "Nope."

Her blond brows rose. "Then maybe you should enlighten me."

"Well." Jack pretended to consider, his fingers finding their way under the hem of her shirt. "I've found that it's fairly simple to screw computers up."

"And how would that be a good thing?"

"It's a great thing." Leaning forward, he brushed a kiss across the smile that had arisen on Sam's lips. A single dimple appeared in his right cheek as he tightened his hold on her. "Because I happen to know this cute geek who can fix it for me."

She wriggled in his lap. Deliberately. "How very advantageous for you."

This time his kiss was longer, and deeper. And his resulting smile even more self-satisfied. "Oh, I think that there are some perks for the geek, too."

But she'd already leaned in to kiss him again.
        Loved that! Take some virtual green! GW doesn't allow me to give you any other.

I just spent a loooot of time hitting replay on Cags' vid too. *happy shippy sigh*
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Sharon, lovely ficlet.

I'm home!
          Spoiler:
          Finally! Slept in my own bed last night. Got reacquainted with my own dog and am now sitting in my own office chair (at home still) planning lessons. Ahhhh...home. Hmmm, there's a fic in there, I'm sure of it.

Clicky for a brief glimpse of our cruise through the Panama Canal.

To make for some of the off-topicness of this post, here's the gif:

Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yes, I do, and that's EXACTLY why I'm still giggling. . .

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
            I don't have the gif but I do have this which you are free to download if it's of any use:
            Spoiler:
            O.M.G!

I duh...

dizzy hu...

Con bit......

**gives up on trying to be coherent after watching Grace kiss over and over and ove....**

But let's not say 'wasted'. Let's call in a study in technique.

I mean we all want to learn what drives us to hypnotic tendencies once we click that gif.

I always say to myself: Self, you will only watch this once.

But does self listen?

NO WAY!!!

But then I'm really studying their technique: Sam goes in, gets hands involved. Jack responds, also gets hand involved. Head movement, open mouthed strategizing.

Let's face it.

It's all in the name of education right?

Right.

That's my explanation and I'm stickin' with it.
            Last edited by trinity3; 10 January 2011, 10:57 AM.
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Why aren't u guys posting?

Is there a party going on that i wasn't invited to?

Is it me?

If i leave will you delurk and say something?

Please.

Say something.
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post

Is it me?

Please.

Say something.
                BOO! I'm still here...
                Just got nothing to say

I think most people are atm watching Football Championship and all that jazz ya know!

sigpic

Comment

Is it me?

Please.

Say something.
                  Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  BOO! I'm still here...
                  Just got nothing to say

I think most people are atm watching Football Championship and all that jazz ya know!

I'm here too! I usually am, just not much to say...

Maybe a question of the...night?

It's their anniversary...what do they get each other?

Comment

BOO! I'm still here...
                    Just got nothing to say

**Hugs**

Cool. As long as there's an actual reason everyone's away.

Thanks for posting Starlover

TTYL.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Mada
                    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post

Sam just wraps a ribbon about herself and gives herself? *waggles eyebrows*

No?

Jack will give Sam some simple earrings...perhaps the ones she wore in the last episode of SGA!
                      Sam...she gives Jack either a fishing rod(giggles) or something for up at the cabin, because I think Jack would already have all the Simpson seasons and thus Sam doesn't need to buy that for him!

In general, TbH, I think they are just happy to be with each other and that would be the greatest gift of all.

**Hugs**

Cool. As long as there's an actual reason everyone's away.

Thanks for posting Starlover

TTYL.
                      *huggles back at ya*

I'm just here since I'm having a snowday...and got another one tomorrow and am bored outta my mind(it's too slippery outside(already fell this morning)) so I'm not venturing outside! Thus...I'm bored!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post

Let's see... Sam will buy something sexy to wear and seduce him (though I'm sure it doesn't take much!). And Jack would get her a piece of jewelry and maybe flowers... I suppose that' cliche, but usually best for a for a romantic anniversary

Comment

I'm just here since I'm having a snowday...and got another one tomorrow and am bored outta my mind(it's too slippery outside(already fell this morning)) so I'm not venturing outside! Thus...I'm bored!
                          I could loan you my Pillsbury Dough Boy outfit for wearing outside in the snow. Then when you fall, you'll just bounce ... or roll ... and not get hurt.

Comment

I like the idea of Sam buying something for Jack, which she wears.
                            I would also like to think Jack would get her a bouquet of flowers...perhaps some pink Gerber daisies.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I could loan you my Pillsbury Dough Boy outfit for wearing outside in the snow. Then when you fall, you'll just bounce ... or roll ... and not get hurt.
                              Lol! That would help...or me stop wearing heals in around 3" of snow

EDIT: as for wedding anniversary...for flowers, I know my father always gives my mother a bouquet of flowers for the amount of years they've been married(red roses; which is cliche but mom's favorite) ...so yeah I can see Jack doing that for Sam too in a way...still I can't see him go to a store to buy the flowers.

That reminds me of the fact...wasn't it mentioned somewhere in the series that Sam liked plants/flowers?
                              sigpic

Comment

I'm here! I have been helping my eight year old with a report about the state of Washington. Fun!

What do they give each other for their anniversary? I think they go out for dinner, and then he gives her. . .

ooooohhhhh. Can't just say it, it needs to be a ficlet. . Darn it. I've got a thousand other things to do tonight! But the Muse demands obedience!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X