No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm celebrating today! It's two years since I first started writing Stargate fic and got thoroughly zapped into this whole idea of S/J and this wonderful fandom!

And what a better way to celebrate than fic of course! Woo! Oh and cookies.... and cake....

Comment

This is the latest Good News from the Good News-Bad News thread....

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
      Good news (for shippers): Every time they laugh together it's just so damn cute.
      I couldn't bring myself to bad news this good news.. 'cause it's too good of news
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
        So I'm celebrating today! It's two years since I first started writing Stargate fic and got thoroughly zapped into this whole idea of S/J and this wonderful fandom!

And what a better way to celebrate than fic of course! Woo! Oh and cookies.... and cake....
        This was great, just what I needed.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
          This was great, just what I needed.
          Thanks! Hope you haven't had a bad or long day?!

Comment

Thanks! Hope you haven't had a bad or long day?!
            Oh, I had a long, but good day. We had a party yesterday and it was great to see all of my friends again, but unfortunately I'm really sick.
            sigpic

Comment

I got a fantastic gift for Christmas. .

Spoiler:
              iPad! Squee!

So, all of you out there who own one of these mystical and fantastic devices. . .

Spoiler:
              Which Apps do you use? I've been trying to find useful ones for home and family, and now I'm ready to find useful apps for reading fanfic. Anyone have any recommendations?

Oh yeah--and these people are totally in love with each other. Totally.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Akamaimom
                Aps fanfic OT:
                Spoiler:
                I use the program "goodreader" for reading all my fanfics. It works fine for me. It is of course not as awesome as Ibooks with the whole index etc. but it still works pretty good and reads almost everything(pdf/word files/text files). I'm happy with it!
                It does cost you a dollar or so, but still IMHO that was well worth it!

So...I'm having a lazy sunday(in general) today...so...what would Sam/Jack do on a lazy (sun)day?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  Akamaimom
                  Aps fanfic OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  I use the program "goodreader" for reading all my fanfics. It works fine for me. It is of course not as awesome as Ibooks with the whole index etc. but it still works pretty good and reads almost everything(pdf/word files/text files). I'm happy with it!
                  It does cost you a dollar or so, but still IMHO that was well worth it!

So...I'm having a lazy sunday(in general) today...so...what would Sam/Jack do on a lazy (sun)day?
                  I think they would just lounge around, find an old movie on TCM or AMC and cuddle on the couch together. So married!

Comment

Bookmarked for later! Will R&R

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    I got a fantastic gift for Christmas. .

Spoiler:
                    iPad! Squee!

So, all of you out there who own one of these mystical and fantastic devices. . .

Spoiler:
                    Which Apps do you use? I've been trying to find useful ones for home and family, and now I'm ready to find useful apps for reading fanfic. Anyone have any recommendations?

Oh yeah--and these people are totally in love with each other. Totally.
                    Ooh. Jealous. *sitting on my hands waiting for v2*
                    sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

OT, but very funny SyFy's tweet:

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Akamai - you can download iBooks if you can pull the fics in to PDF format. If not, I use the same one as Jann.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                          Akamai - you can download iBooks if you can pull the fics in to PDF format. If not, I use the same one as Jann.

So, because (and this will make this post On Topic--kinda) I'm more like Jack than Sam, how do I do that? For example. I have a fic of my own that I've converted into a PDF. How do I then get it into the program so that I can read it? I know--I'm not even in the 20th century at this point--closer to the 19th than anything else. I just don't know the basics of what I'm doing.

Can't you just see it? **Wavy dream indicators here**

Computer Problems Ficlet

Spoiler:
                          "Hey Sam."

"Yeah, Jack?"

"How do I do it again?"

"How do you do what again?"

"The music thing." His voice was tinged with frustration.

Sam sighed, then set aside the book she'd been reading and stood. "Hold on, I'll be right there." It took her a few minutes to round the coffee table and head into the den, where her husband sat in front of the computer.

He waved a hand at the contraption on the desk in front of him. "It won't do it"

"Do what?"

"Whatever it's supposed to do." Jack shrugged. "You know this idiotic thing better than I do. Either that, or I'm too stupid to use computers."

Scanning the application spread out on her monitor, Sam leaned over his shoulder and clicked a few keys on the keyboard, then reached for the mouse, balancing herself with a hand on his broad shoulder. "Not too stupid, just not as interested."

"I'm interested."

"Since when?" She couldn't control the urge to snort. "You'd be happier if they'd never invented the things in the first place."

"They're good for some things."

"Like what?" Making a few more deliberate clicks with the mouse, the problem was rectified. She squeezed his shoulder. "Like solitaire? Flight Simulator?"

His quick swivel of his chair caught her off-guard, and she found herself unceremoniously toppled off her feet to land across his lap, his hands on her rib cage holding her steady. Eminently confident, his lips curved in a grin that she would have labeled 'predatory' had she not known the man wielding it. "Nope."

Her blond brows rose. "Then maybe you should enlighten me."

"Well." Jack pretended to consider, his fingers finding their way under the hem of her shirt. "I've found that it's fairly simple to screw computers up."

"And how would that be a good thing?"

"It's a great thing." Leaning forward, he brushed a kiss across the smile that had arisen on Sam's lips. A single dimple appeared in his right cheek as he tightened his hold on her. "Because I happen to know this cute geek who can fix it for me."

She wriggled in his lap. Deliberately. "How very advantageous for you."

This time his kiss was longer, and deeper. And his resulting smile even more self-satisfied. "Oh, I think that there are some perks for the geek, too."

But she'd already leaned in to kiss him again.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories: FFdotNet
                          My Stories AO3
                          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

So, because (and this will make this post On Topic--kinda) I'm more like Jack than Sam, how do I do that? For example. I have a fic of my own that I've converted into a PDF. How do I then get it into the program so that I can read it? I know--I'm not even in the 20th century at this point--closer to the 19th than anything else. I just don't know the basics of what I'm doing.

Computer Problems Ficlet

Spoiler:
                            "Hey Sam."

"Yeah, Jack?"

"How do I do it again?"

"How do you do what again?"

"The music thing." His voice was tinged with frustration.

Sam sighed, then set aside the book she'd been reading and stood. "Hold on, I'll be right there." It took her a few minutes to round the coffee table and head into the den, where her husband sat in front of the computer.

He waved a hand at the contraption on the desk in front of him. "It won't do it"

"Do what?"

"Whatever it's supposed to do." Jack shrugged. "You know this idiotic thing better than I do. Either that, or I'm too stupid to use computers."

Scanning the application spread out on her monitor, Sam leaned over his shoulder and clicked a few keys on the keyboard, then reached for the mouse, balancing herself with a hand on his broad shoulder. "Not too stupid, just not as interested."

"I'm interested."

"Since when?" She couldn't control the urge to snort. "You'd be happier if they'd never invented the things in the first place."

"They're good for some things."

"Like what?" Making a few more deliberate clicks with the mouse, the problem was rectified. She squeezed his shoulder. "Like solitaire? Flight Simulator?"

His quick swivel of his chair caught her off-guard, and she found herself unceremoniously toppled off her feet to land across his lap, his hands on her rib cage holding her steady. Eminently confident, his lips curved in a grin that she would have labeled 'predatory' had she not known the man wielding it. "Nope."

Her blond brows rose. "Then maybe you should enlighten me."

"Well." Jack pretended to consider, his fingers finding their way under the hem of her shirt. "I've found that it's fairly simple to screw computers up."

"And how would that be a good thing?"

"It's a great thing." Leaning forward, he brushed a kiss across the smile that had arisen on Sam's lips. A single dimple appeared in his right cheek as he tightened his hold on her. "Because I happen to know this cute geek who can fix it for me."

She wriggled in his lap. Deliberately. "How very advantageous for you."

This time his kiss was longer, and deeper. And his resulting smile even more self-satisfied. "Oh, I think that there are some perks for the geek, too."

But she'd already leaned in to kiss him again.
                            Sweet!! So... is Jack just playing dumb so Sam will come in and help him??

Comment

Computer Problems Ficlet

<snipped>
                              sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
                                I think they would just lounge around, find an old movie on TCM or AMC and cuddle on the couch together. So married!
                                Well, sorry to be redundant... but since it's Sunday, I'd say they'd watch football...

Comment

Working...
                                X