Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Thanks.. But it's not my skill; it's my obsessive compulsive nature with certain things.
    I have never appreciated obsessive compulsive behaviour more
    sigpic
    sig by Mada
    As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      I vote you watch it again. I hated that episode to bits the first time. But it's not so hurtful to watch now, especially since Threads has happened. And if it gets too tough to get through it you know you can run back here and we've got lots of shippiness to make it all better!
      http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...ds/fishing.jpg
      i'm still waiting for the super shippy scenes b/t sam and jack (like they did with sam and cop dude), so i'm going to pass. i can't even believe i was contemplating watching it.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i think you just helped me come up with my decision. as an s/j AND sam fan, pete was just on 1000 levels. i won't torture myself again.
        Awww. But your location is in love, how many frogs, eh Petes do we sometimes have to kiss before we get that Colonel of our dreams?
        sigpic
        sig by Mada
        As a matter of FIC

Comment

I'm signing out for the night shippers.

Thanks for the fun kissing talks today.

Sleep tight and see you tomorrow.

Trinity out.
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
            Other smooches
            Broca: Some can argue that this kiss is not personal... that Sam just attacked because he was the strong leader, but I don't agree!! I think there was real attraction there and the Broca infection just intensified it. If it was just a strong leader she was after, why not go for Teal'c? Because she was already feeling feelings for Jack!

POV: Jack went along with the kiss.. but he was obviously uncomfortable... this was not his Sam!

Mobius: AU Jack and Sam getting it on in the puddle jumper with lots of sparkage! Always nice to see that one... and when the cavalry came to to the rescue, Jack leaps forward and kisses her again!
            Broca: Oh yeah, she wanted him!!! The virus just enhanced her natural attraction to him and removed her inhibitions.

POV: I think he wanted it, but was disappointed because it wasn't his Sam.

Moebius: What Sam and Jack would have been in a life or death situation if they never had the regulations between them.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I would really like to know how many shippers where actually satisfied with the "resolution" from "Threads" given how graphic Sam/Pete was - in 3 episodes we saw kisses, date, dancing, bedroom scene, proposal/acceptance, whereas Sam and Jack are still in the "not exactly" stage in my opinion.
              no, i'm not satisfied, that's why i'm waiting on the confirmation/resolution in the 3rd movie.

(especially, as you said, how graphic it was for sam/pete. i want the same)

Let's make a little poll (actually 2 - ~choices in bold~
              A. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:

1. married
              2. together but not married yet
              3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")

4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

i chose two answers, b/c i can't make up my mind.

B. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - choices are bolded)

1. Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
              2. Visual proof Sam and Jack are together (rings, touches)
              3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
              5. Sam and Jack married
              6. Shippy scenes that maintain the ambiguity

if #'s 4 and 5 were in the movie, i'd prob die (but happily )
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                Awww. But your location is in love, how many frogs, eh Petes do we sometimes have to kiss before we get that Colonel of our dreams?
                i suffered through lana/some idiot guy on 'smallville', but, down the line, i got lana/clark big time (even though they didn't end up together permanently ). but the point is, if i had super shippy scenes between sam/jack, like it was with sam/pete, i could let go of my bitterness.

hasn't happened yet. and i hope YET is the operative word.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey hlndncr,

Broca: The virus sound like Cavemen and Cavewomen. Sam kissed and pulled Jack's shoulders than Sam's cat claw cut at Jack. He push away to her!

POV: She wish is: Jack back alive. than He kiss at her than Sam look at the mirror stone. She thinking is: "Jack will marrying me."

Moebius: Jack and Sam inside The jumper time machine. She begin kiss at Jack O'neill. And He again back more kisses smooth at Sam.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Originally posted by HolyAngelQueenSG-1 View Post
                    Hey hlndncr,

Broca: The virus sound like Cavemen and Cavewomen. Sam kissed and pulled Jack's shoulders than Sam's cat claw cut at Jack. He push away to her!

POV: She wish is: Jack back alive. than He kiss at her than Sam look at the mirror stone. She thinking is: "Jack will marrying me."

Moebius: Jack and Sam inside The jumper time machine. She begin kiss at Jack O'neill. And He again back more kisses smooth at Sam.
                    I know ASL, mean I understand you exact!

Haven't been here in a while, but I'm jumping in:

Broca: ditto on what's already been stated. She was going after who she considered the Alpha, but c'mon, it's Jack! After their little sparring in the pilot, I had feelings for Jack! And I was 13 when I first saw that!

POV: I think it probably confused Jack, knowing what kind of relationship he's had with Carter for almost 3 years, then to have this mournful Dr. Sam suddenly show up and need to feel those emotions from her "husband"? I always took that kiss to be more out of sympathy, than anything. And from Carter's POV: it's hard enough to see the guy you're secretly head over heels for kiss another girl. But if it's yourself??? I think MacKenzie had a couple sessions with her about that ...

Moebius: Daniel just had to interrupt, didn't he??? It just proved what we've been waiting for TPTW to catch up on: if the regs weren't there [which I remember hearing numerous times from RDA about always presenting the USAF in a good light with regards to fraternization], they would have been onscreen canon a long, long, long, long time ago ... But heh, that so proved it. Thank you, TPTW!

And ... Jack called her hot. Heh!

Comment

I would really like to know how many shippers where actually satisfied with the "resolution" from "Threads" given how graphic Sam/Pete was - in 3 episodes we saw kisses, date, dancing, bedroom scene, proposal/acceptance, whereas Sam and Jack are still in the "not exactly" stage in my opinion.
                      Let's make a little poll (actually 2

1. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:

1. married
                      3. they promised each other that one day they'll be together (something along the line in "Trio" - "He will retire soon and...")
                      4. they've confessed their feeling in "Threads", but decided that duty comes first...

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible )

3. Kiss
                      4. Bedroom scene
                      5. Sam and Jack married

Please copy/paste and answer the 2 qs...
                      Mine in red.
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        I know ASL, mean I understand you exact!

Haven't been here in a while, but I'm jumping in:

Broca: ditto on what's already been stated. She was going after who she considered the Alpha, but c'mon, it's Jack! After their little sparring in the pilot, I had feelings for Jack! And I was 13 when I first saw that!

POV: I think it probably confused Jack, knowing what kind of relationship he's had with Carter for almost 3 years, then to have this mournful Dr. Sam suddenly show up and need to feel those emotions from her "husband"? I always took that kiss to be more out of sympathy, than anything. And from Carter's POV: it's hard enough to see the guy you're secretly head over heels for kiss another girl. But if it's yourself??? I think MacKenzie had a couple sessions with her about that ...

Moebius: Daniel just had to interrupt, didn't he??? It just proved what we've been waiting for TPTW to catch up on: if the regs weren't there [which I remember hearing numerous times from RDA about always presenting the USAF in a good light with regards to fraternization], they would have been onscreen canon a long, long, long, long time ago ... But heh, that so proved it. Thank you, TPTW!

And ... Jack called her hot. Heh!
                        Oh yeah... thanks for you nice me.

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

On Moebius: I don't know if it was during the kiss or during one of the other moments between the two in that episode, but in the commentary, they say something along the lines of "Sam and Jack are a universal constant." Which, from my POV (and probably yours) is really good. No mather where/when/how they are, if they cross paths, there is always something that will draw them together. ^^

Okay, I'm feeling all fluffy and romantic tonight, so what?

sigpic
                          Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                          My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                          Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I don't know. I still can't watch it without uncontrollable spasms. Even knowing Sam and Jack are together as they should be (because I do know it in my heart) it's painful to see Sam make such a terrible choice! If weren't such a horrible character I could look back on the whole thing with more aplomb. As it is, seeing or even thinking about will always make me nauseous.
                            I'm totally loving this He Who Shall Not Be Named approach... *adopts for rest of shipper life*

Let's make a little poll (actually 2 - my choices in bold).

1. married

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible )

3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
                            5. Sam and Jack married

I'm hedging on the first one because it has been a little while since I watched the latter seasons, so I'm not convinced that I think they're carrying on a relationship necessarily... but I know what I *want* to believe. I think that, at the very least, they've discussed being together when he retires.

As far as the potential for movie 3 - I hate to say it but I like to keep my RST in fanfic and not on screen. In my experience with previous ships, it just never feels quite right... I'd be happy with a non-subtle hint that they were together... and hey, should we see a kiss, I will NOT object

*drags self reluctantly back to work for the first time in forever*

Comment

A. From what we've seen on-screen do you think Sam and Jack are:

1. married

B. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible - choices are bolded)

3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
                              5. Sam and Jack married

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                              Broca: Oh yeah, she wanted him!!! The virus just enhanced her natural attraction to him and removed her inhibitions.

POV: I think he wanted it, but was disappointed because it wasn't his Sam.

Moebius: What Sam and Jack would have been in a life or death situation if they never had the regulations between them.

Broca Divide: I'm with you here, she wanted Jack. If she were only interested in the alpha male there would have been other choices. I have a soft spot for this episode, because I started shipping these two with “The Broca Divide”, but to be honest there are a lot of other scenes in later seasons that are more intense, even if they are not kissing there. As for the Broca kiss, yes there is attraction and yes it is raw, but what we see here, are two people who just met. Therefore it lacks the deep emotions that are displayed in other episodes, for example the hug in “Heroes”. And don't forget Jack is not infected at this point and he is a bit spooked by Sam's actions ("...not like this, ...).

POV: I totally agree, Dr. Carter is not Sam. For our Sam this must really be a strange experience. Not only is the man she has feelings for kissing her alternate self, but Hammond is standing next to her! Well done Jack! Someone wrote a fic about Sam’s insecurities after this incident, concerning the differences between her and Dr. Carter and I think this is an important issue.

Moebius: I like Moebius! They are so much more open and carefree in this episode. And come on, you have to love geeky Sam! As the most of you mentioned before, I like the concept that regardless of the timeline, the differences between alternate realities or if they have been robbed of their memories, these two are always finding each other.
                              sigpic

Comment

Let's make a little poll (actually 2 - my choices in bold)
                                1. married

2. What would you consider a proper resolution to S/J ship in the 3rd movies? (multiple choices possible)1. Spoken proof that Sam and Jack are together
                                3. Kiss

4. Bedroom scene
                                5. Sam and Jack married

It wouldn't make much difference to me if they are married or not, but they are definitely TOGETHER!
                                Visual proof is very important (if its not too cheese) and a kiss would be a treat

Even thought I'm craving for some visual proof, there is always that fear in me that after having read so many great fanfiction, I might be disappointed with anything that we eventuelly get to see on-screen. (3rd movie or other)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X