X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    ***Assiduously tries to stay out of gutter.***

**Loses the battle.**

I think (re: bolded) that if Sam WERE willing, there's a good chance that Jack STILL ends up on the floor.

**Washes mind out with soap.**

Why do you insist on always misinterpreting my absolutely pure intentions?!

There is no gutter in my cavern! Honest!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom;12217229[B

**Loses the battle.**
      [/B]I think (re: bolded) that if Sam WERE willing, there's a good chance that Jack STILL ends up on the floor.

I don't know why you keep bothering. You know it's a losing battle. Might just as well stay there and enjoy it.

Comment

It occurs to me that we need something to give this discussion a little more focus:

Of course, if we'd like to broaden our discussion I'm willing to help there too.

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
          I think one of the reasons he resigned first is so he could have her complete attention. Not that the kiss wouldn't have done it, but before that, it could have simply been 'the Colonel walked into the control room. He's hot, but I've got my job to do.' Now with Jack resigning, Sam is paying attention to him and not figuring out what's up with the gate.

It's all part of his strategy.
          not sure if anyone noticed or cares, but the yellow shirt he is wearing says "World Skiing" or something and has a bunch of flags on the other sleeve (including the Austrian flag)

not sure if Sam likes to ski (we know she like to fish ), but that makes it sexy and distracting to me

**gonetotalkherhusbandintoaskivacation**
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post

Maybe it has died out in the interim, but I remember when there was (literally) a sig badge of honour for having your mind in the gutter around here

It occurs to me that we need something to give this discussion a little more focus:

Spoiler:

Of course, if we'd like to broaden our discussion I'm willing to help there too.

*tries to make coherent sounds*

Nehmfhhhfgggggffffff.....

*fails*

*stares*

Comment

**snort** Yeah, right. You keep telling yourself that, honey.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              I don't know why you keep bothering. You know it's a losing battle. Might just as well stay there and enjoy it.
              But it's more fun when it's naughty.

Originally posted by myblackrose View Post
              Maybe it has died out in the interim, but I remember when there was (literally) a sig badge of honour for having your mind in the gutter around here
              I need one of those!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I think this is the fic we're looking for:

Practice Make Perfect
                Bless you! Can't wait to read it later.

My mind/muse is in the gutter about 90% of the time when it comes to Sam and Jack.
                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Sorry, something completely different. I have a question. I read many fics where Sam is Jack’s second-in-command while he is in charge of the SGC. Personally I got the impression that it was Reynolds. Is there any evidence of one or the other? Sorry, I haven’t seen season 8 in ages.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lilac736 View Post
                    Sorry, something completely different. I have a question. I read many fics where Sam is Jack’s second-in-command while he is in charge of the SGC. Personally I got the impression that it was Reynolds. Is there any evidence of one or the other? Sorry, I haven’t seen season 8 in ages.
                    I've never thought that she was his second. She's off-world too much, I think. Also, she's in command of SG-1, isn't she?

I don't think that there ever was a single person given that status officially, although I might be--and frequently am--wrong.

Sorry to be of no help, whatsoever.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I don't think it was ever said, but Reynolds makes more sense to me as he's a higher rank at the time.
                      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I've never thought that she was his second. She's off-world too much, I think. Also, she's in command of SG-1, isn't she?

I don't think that there ever was a single person given that status officially, although I might be--and frequently am--wrong.

Oh, but you are of help. It's mentioned fairly often in fics and it seems a bit odd to me. I started to wonder if I had missed it somehow, but if you are not aware of it too it might really be an assumption of the authors. Or we are both wrong!?
                        sigpic

Comment

Good thought. But Jack has always (or almost always) been presumed to be Hammond's second, even thought he's in charge of SG1 and offworld much of the time, too.

Having said that, though, I think Reynolds is the most likely to be considered Jack's second in command during S8, even though nothing has ever definitely been stated.

However, in "Uninvited", Landry says something to the effect that Sam is in charge at the SGC while Reynolds is offworld ... suggesting to me that Reynolds would be in charge if he and Sam were both on base at the same time and not otherwise involved in some kind of assignment.

Originally posted by Lilac736
                          ]Oh, but you are of help. It's mentioned fairly often in fics and it seems a bit odd to me. I started to wonder if I had missed it somehow, but if you are not aware of it too it might really be an assumption of the authors. Or we are both wrong!?
                          It's pretty much "fanon" about loads of things related to SG1, and it's been going on for so long that many people take fanon as fact by now.

Comment

so i'm watching season 7 on a channel called 'This'. it's getting closer and closer to THE ep that destroyed my shippy heart... okay, it's called 'chimera', just in case you couldn't guess.

anyhoo, i'm still deciding if i can watch it. i'd like to pretend it never happened, but enough time has passed that maybe, just maybe i can handle it this time.

of course, if we knew *for sure* that sam and jack got together after the pete experiment, this would be much, much, much easier to watch.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

**Loses the battle.**

I think (re: bolded) that if Sam WERE willing, there's a good chance that Jack STILL ends up on the floor.

*tries to wash her mind of the gutter* I was happy in my cavern!

<lazy snip>
                              How do you want me to focus?! I just stared at all those pretties for like forever. And I have NO IDEA what I wanted to say anymore.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              It's pretty much "fanon" about loads of things related to SG1, and it's been going on for so long that many people take fanon as fact by now.
                              That's what I think too.
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                so i'm watching season 7 on a channel called 'This'. it's getting closer and closer to THE ep that destroyed my shippy heart... okay, it's called 'chimera', just in case you couldn't guess.

anyhoo, i'm still deciding if i can watch it. i'd like to pretend it never happened, but enough time has passed that maybe, just maybe i can handle it this time.

of course, if we knew *for sure* that sam and jack got together after the pete experiment, this would be much, much, much easier to watch.
                                I don't know. I still can't watch it without uncontrollable spasms. Even knowing Sam and Jack are together as they should be (because I do know it in my heart) it's painful to see Sam make such a terrible choice! If weren't such a horrible character I could look back on the whole thing with more aplomb. As it is, seeing or even thinking about will always make me nauseous.

Comment

Working...
                                X