No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... and I just spent the last few minutes looking at my avatar... gosh, that man is some sweet eye candy!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
      I didn't see the Engineering degree either... what episode was this? I guess it was season 8, after he made General?

btw...
      I don't think you can see it in the show. I've read from more than one person that they saw it on a set tour.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
        I don't think you can see it in the show. I've read from more than one person that they saw it on a set tour.
        Ahh... okay... man, those are lucky ducks to have gotten a set tour!!

Comment

It's one of our own that saw this. I'm trying to rack my brain as to who, but someone HERE definitely saw it. Though, I generally don't always go by props - they get birthdates and other stuff wrong just because they don't have the details

Comment

Greetings! Discovered something shippy today. Seems like among the voice selections for my hubby's new GPS are American English female (Samantha) and American English male (Jack)!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              It's one of our own that saw this. I'm trying to rack my brain as to who, but someone HERE definitely saw it. Though, I generally don't always go by props - they get birthdates and other stuff wrong just because they don't have the details
              I don't know who went on the tour. I know L.A.Doyle went once, but I know her posting about the pictures in Sam's office...not Jack's. So it must have been a while ago since Jack had his office somewhere in 2003/2004. Correct me if I'm wrong.

As for going for props in order to get my dates accurately. I go for them. You see them on the show, and thus it is for me canon. Sometimes it is indeed wrong and you get some controversial dates like Sam with the emerald and then in Entity her birthday is in December, but at least I have something, kind of canon to base on when I'm writing my fanfic. (or reading it for that matter)

I was actually complaining about it the other day when I was reading an S/J fanfic. The writer had even mentioned Sam's birthdate(Entity one) in the fanfic, but got even then things storywise all wrong. It was annoying to say the least. (my shipper friend who saw me reading and getting annoyed with it told me several times to close it, but I was already sucked into the fic by that time)

Nell that's so cool! I want that GPS!
              sigpic

Comment

Am I the only one having trouble with GW?

I keep getting the message "Rebuilding Search Index"

Occassionally, like right now, I can backdoor navigate my way onto a thread.

Anyone else having this problem?
                You're not alone

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                Happy Birthday, Akamaimom!

Off to read your kid!fic.

For anyone in the mood for smut, I've written some PWP-- a Threads tag for an LJ secret santa. Linked to the journal home page due to content. Title is It's all in the Preparation. Enjoy it if you feel so inclined.

*presses submit in hopes GW doesn't freak out*

Something really struck out at me when reading this. And I hope you take this as constructive and aren't too offended or think I'm nitpicking but it really affects the whole setup (well, at least for me! )

You have Jack moving into Sam's guest bedroom shortly after Threads and even have them getting touchy while he's there. But - she's nervous being alone with him at the cabin? Why? She's been alone with him at her house. Just curious. Maybe I missed something?
                sigpic
                Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Happy Birthday
                  Akamaimom!

I tried to send you a birthday present, but with GW being all hinky today I'm not sure it went through. So I'm going to post it here too.

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/.../GlindaAvi.jpg

http://i1012.photobucket.com/albums/.../GlindaSig.jpg

(It's my tribute to Glinda Baldrich, if you didn't guess. )
                  Hahaha! This is great! I love the quote!

And a very happy birthday, Akamaimom!
                  Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 30 December 2010, 10:04 PM.
                  sigpic
                  The Return of King Arthur
                  Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                  acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Hey shippers! So, does anyone have a really good, novel length, adventure fic they'd be able to rec? I'm in the mood for something angsty, preferably with a good amount of whump.

sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      Hey shippers! So, does anyone have a really good, novel length, adventure fic they'd be able to rec? I'm in the mood for something angsty, preferably with a good amount of whump.

Rachel 500's let go and hold on i put the link in spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

Anything by Sally Reeve. I think someone posted links to a few of her stories either a few pages back or in the fic thread.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

YES YES!!! S/J Shipper is New year's day!!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

Hello, I would like to share my little fanfiction about Sam/Jack
                            I hope you will like it.

Beautiful Night
                            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
                            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

I do make art for Sam and Jack my new Sig!!!

~HolyAngelQueenSG-1~

Comment

*waves to Shippers*

A little advice from Martin..........

Comment

Working...
                                X