Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    I was flipping through the channel guide and saw Stargate Continuum playing right now on a channel I didn't recognize so I clicked on it. It's the Spanish language channel. So I'm sitting here watching Continuum in Spanish. Why? I don't know, just because.

Thought I'd share.
    I can't believe it, but I totally just checked my listings (because I totally would have watched it) it doesn't start until 11pm and by then SANCTUARY will be over and I will be going to bed! lol
    sigpic
    || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      Que bueno para ti! Disfrutela!

I'd never seen "Jurassic Park" in English until a year or so ago. I never realized it was funny. It didn't translate as 'funny' in Spanish. My mother to this day has never seen "Gone With the Wind" in English. She saw it for the first time as a Fulbright Scholar in Madrid in the 60s. Its funny how seeing movies in another language totally skews your view of the flick.
      Huh.
      Spoiler:
      I'm applying for a Fulbright Scholarship next year. Cool. My aunt was one and I hope to be one as well. Good for Mom.

Oops... the shippy bit. Um...

Yeah, they're in love.
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        i just went and looked and i found it on one of our local spanish channels. it starts at 8pm for me (but i'm going to watch smallville, supernatural, and sanctuary tonight. )
        Supernatural and Sanctuary for me!

I'd never seen "Jurassic Park" in English until a year or so ago. I never realized it was funny. It didn't translate as 'funny' in Spanish. My mother to this day has never seen "Gone With the Wind" in English. She saw it for the first time as a Fulbright Scholar in Madrid in the 60s. Its funny how seeing movies in another language totally skews your view of the flick.
        Yep, there are still tons of movies I haven't watched in English. I'll get around to it

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        Huh.
        Spoiler:
        I'm applying for a Fulbright Scholarship next year. Cool. My aunt was one and I hope to be one as well. Good for Mom.

Yeah, they're in love.
        *giggles*

Yes they are in
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          Oh you brave soul! Not even for Stargate would I listen to the awful dubbing
          Yes it is pretty bad, but that's part of the entertainment value.

I should mention that I don't actually speak Spanish (just Portuguese), but I can pick out some of it and it's obvious that the sarcasm is completely lost in translation.

Huh.
          Spoiler:

Yeah, they're in love.
          Good luck! I go to Fulbright's alma matter (GW - that's George Washington University, not Gateworld), which is probably as close as I'll ever get.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
          Supernatural and Sanctuary for me!

Yep, there are still tons of movies I haven't watched in English. I'll get around to it

*giggles*

Yes they are in
          Maybe on my next SG1 rewatch I'll choose random languages. I know most of the dialogue by heart now; so maybe I'll learn something.

And of course there's one thing that transcends all languages: + =

Comment

No words necessary!

Comment

Sanctuary Spoilers:
              Spoiler:
              The shippy moments just keep coming. I just love watching a show where entire scenes are just about the characters and their relationships. In my opinion, this was the only thing that Stargate lacked.

My shippy heart is all a flutter!
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Sanctuary Spoilers:
                Spoiler:
                The shippy moments just keep coming. I just love watching a show where entire scenes are just about the characters and their relationships. In my opinion, this was the only thing that Stargate lacked.

My shippy heart is all a flutter!
                Ditto!

I should really start working on things for Shipmas, I haven't done anything
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  Yes it is pretty bad, but that's part of the entertainment value.

I should mention that I don't actually speak Spanish (just Portuguese), but I can pick out some of it and it's obvious that the sarcasm is completely lost in translation.
                  One thing I can tell you, the French translation is horrible. I tried it once - just, you know, tro try it... UGH. *shivers at the thought* Sam's voice just irks me. So not her! And they changed it from the series to Continuum. XD That's just bad.
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

History International is running a show focusing on the hidden things in Area 51. They cite the "extra long" runway. Now they're talking about "Area 52" and the secret stuff there.

I can't help it. I keep seeing Jack on the runway as Teal'c flies the...what was it, prototype 303? And we know Sam's worked there (at 51). She had to, you know, 'cause she and Jack got married and she wanted to be extra sure to be out of his direct chain (oh, let's so not go there).

And, of course, Sam needed to be closer to Cassie (yes, I wrote a fic about that).

So...I guess it's time for the SGC to go public, yes?

*Pol waits for everyone to vote...then counts.*

Okay. We're agreed. I'll call Brad.
                    Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

History International is running a show focusing on the hidden things in Area 51. They cite the "extra long" runway. Now they're talking about "Area 52" and the secret stuff there.

I can't help it. I keep seeing Jack on the runway as Teal'c flies the...what was it, prototype 303? And we know Sam's worked there (at 51). She had to, you know, 'cause she and Jack got married and she wanted to be extra sure to be out of his direct chain (oh, let's so not go there).

And, of course, Sam needed to be closer to Cassie (yes, I wrote a fic about that).

I voted YES!!!! Did you count me?

And I'm fairly certain that if you look at all the Wikileaks stuff, the SGC will be in there somewhere. . .
                      sigpic
                      My Stories: FFdotNet
                      My Stories AO3
                      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Area 52! That's the Stargate! I think the secret's already out!

Comment

I've seen "National Treasure" in German and the translation was so bad. It made no sense most of the time and I told everyone that it was one of the worst films I've ever seen. A friend of mine bought it later and we watched it in English, still not my favourite film, but now it made sense and it even was remotely funny.

The greatest issue I have with most translations is that sometimes they try to translate references or jokes and change the meaning to adapt to the respective country. In the Gilmore Girls they altered tons of reverences so we would be able to understand it. It totally changed the meaning and the tone most of the time. I really hate that.

sigpic

Comment

It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
                            Look What I Received

Hammond: Mr. Woolsey, what brings you here?

Woolsey: General Hammond. There’s a serious matter that’s recently come to the attention of the IOA and I’ve been asked to investigate. Are you familiar with an event known as Shipmas?

Hammond: Of course. The Sam/Jack shippers do it every year. But I don’t see that it has anything to do with the IOA.

Woolsey: General, the IOA has oversight of all international activities involving the Stargate program. As I understand it, Shipmas brings in participants from all around the world.

Hammond: Yes, but the shippers aren’t officially a part of this program.

Woolsey: And that’s the real problem as I see it. We have no idea who these shippers as they call themselves really are.

They could be anybody. Rogue government agents, alien infiltrators, radical college students, or maybe even bored middle age housewives; we really don’t know! Yet they have an almost absurd amount of detailed knowledge of what goes on here at the SGC.

Hammond: Mr. Woolsey, are you suggesting that housewives are a danger to our national security?

Woolsey: Well I don’t yet have any proof of that as of yet.

Hammond: Mr. Woolsey have you ever read the fiction these shippers write? You’d be hard pressed to find many details about SGC operations. In fact, in most of those stories I’m not even sure Sam and Jack ever leave the bedroom.

Woolsey: Nevertheless, the IOA believes the Shipmas thread should be closely monitored and I agree. Therefore, I’ve prepared a way so that I may blend in and observe the happenings without drawing undo attention to myself.

Hammond: You’re going to be a lurker—someone who goes on the thread but doesn’t post even so much as a “Merry Shipmas!”

Woolsey: I could do that, but I want to be able to move freely about the thread and be accepted by the shippers.

Hammond: So you’ve prepared a Shipmas gift? A video, picture, or story of some kind?

Woolsey: No, of course not. I’m not really very artistic, but I understand that all of the participants in these celebrations come away with something they call Flair. That’s why I had this made.

Last edited by hlndncr; 11 December 2010, 01:25 AM. Reason: My apologies to Jann and Oma for my very poor imitation of their excellent art.

Comment

It’s 7 Days to Shipmas
                              Continued

Woolsey: This should label me as a bonafide shipper.

Hammond: Mr. Woolsey, did the IOA really send you to monitor Shipmas?

Woolsey: I don’t know what you mean.

Hammond: Because if you really want some Shipmas flair all you have to do is say hello. The shippers are a very friendly and welcoming bunch. I’ve even heard rumors that some of them like you.

Woolsey: Really? Because I may not have always shown it, but I do rather like Colonel Carter and General O’Neill, and I’d like them to be happy together. . . .

Woolsey: . . . I even own a stuffed penguin. I call him Marty. You know, after the shippiest director.

Hammond: I see.

Woolsey: Do you think someone will post a Grace gif?

Hammond: I’m sure of it.

Woolsey: I love that one, especially in slow motion. No one’s ever dreamed of kissing me like that.

Comment

Day 11

Made by Jas

sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X