Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Unfortunately, Sam being on maternity leave at that time would have meant the baby would have been Pete's. After all, she had just broken up with Pete just before the beginning of Season 9.

Apparently AT's pregnancy had been discussed at that point, and Amanda nixed the idea of Sam being pregnant; she didn't like that idea and didn't want to have it written into the show or having her pregnancy hidden on screen.
    oh gawd, please no...

i'm sure they could have still written it up as *jack's* baby, if the writers wanted to.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      oh gawd, please no...

i'm sure they could have still written it up as *jack's* baby, if the writers wanted to.
      Not without totally compromising the integrity of the characters.

Comment

they could just make s9 start a year after Threads
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

...I feel like I've stepped into a completely foreign discussion.. xD;
          Anyways, I think, though I am still very new to SG-1, I'm starting to understand where this ship came from...

...maybe.

Yes, I did just see "Solitudes". I don't have my blog review up for it yet but it was a pretty good episode.
          So, +1 for appreciation from yours truly. ;D

Comment

you said this: After all, she had just broken up with Pete just before the beginning of Season 9.

but we don't know how much time has really passed between the end of s8 and the beginning of s9, so i think it still could have worked.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

you said this: After all, she had just broken up with Pete just before the beginning of Season 9.

but we don't know how much time has really passed between the end of s8 and the beginning of s9, so i think it still could have worked.
              That's true. Plus, she might not have had any physical intimacy in awhile with Pete as the question of whether or not she was doing the right thing, based on her heart and how she felt, was still there. Also, if Sam and Jack went "fishing" when they went fishing...Jack's baby.
              sigpic
              I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                That's true. Plus, she might not have had any physical intimacy in awhile with Pete as the question of whether or not she was doing the right thing, based on her heart and how she felt, was still there. Also, if Sam and Jack went "fishing" when they went fishing...Jack's baby.

daniel: so sam, you and jack went fishing... did you catch anything?

sam: uh, a baby.

daniel:
                sally

sigpic

Comment

I kinda like that they didn't write in the pregnancy. And thank god they didn't make Sam pregnant *after* AT gave birth. Like the X-Files. That whole Scully pregnancy thing was whack.

But yes, it could've been possible. But they would have had to get a whole lot more shippy than they ever did to pull it off as Jack's baby

Comment

daniel: so sam, you and jack went fishing... did you catch anything?

sam: uh, a baby.

daniel:
                    LOL! Exactly! Wasn't that part of the script?
                    sigpic
                    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

I know exactly what I said; I don't need to be reminded, thank you very much. And there was no time frame given for the whole Sam is on maternity leave in Season 9 scenario, so I stand by what I said. Nobody suggested that this scenario took place at the end of Season 9, when it would be more logical for Sam to be on maternity leave. It was reasonable to assume that since Sam was on maternity leave, that it would be while AT was absent from the show, which was at the beginning of Season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        And my own donation to the conversation: A drabble for the delight and delectation of the thread (it was a quick-n-dirty...if you have a critique, feel free to PM me ):

Spoiler:

Jack raked the leaves and muttered to himself. He was going to uproot every one of these trees, pile them in the middle of the backyard, soak them down with gasoline, and enjoy the ‘kawoosh’ when he lit the match. His frustrated swipes with the rake became more erratic and his language deteriorated to muttered obscenities.

He heard a snort of laughter behind him and turned sharply around, ready to give the unfortunate soul the full brunt of his temper. The words died on his lips. Where he had expected to see Daniel walking down the slope from the house, he saw instead a blonde head, bare in the autumn sunshine. She continued to stroll toward him, a broad, bright smile on her lips and a sparkle in those cerulean eyes.

She was home.

God! Three months.

They had endured worse. For cryin’ out loud, she had been gone a year when she took command of Atlantis. But with each passing year, he discovered he hated being separated from her more and more.

The pervasive chill of impending winter that had seeped into him disappeared in a blaze of passionate emotion.

He let the rake fall and opened his arms to receive her as she stepped in close and pressed herself into his chest. He hugged her and mumbled into the crown of her head, not quite sure what he was saying, just certain that she would understand.

Home.

...now hubs is calling me over to watch 'Holiday'...hubs & SG-1...who could resist?? 'Bye!!
                        Very nice Love the description!

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          OT!
                          Spoiler:
                          Well thankfully for me this isn't a Sanctuary thread and I'm under no obligation to like that show or its characters.

And revisionist history is one thing, but slander on someone's character who had no documented history of homosexual dalliances (as I understand it) is quite another.

Moreover, I consider such relationships immoral and distasteful, which is certainly not a silly reason to me for dislike something I'm under no obligation to support.

+= FOVEVER
                          OT: Whoa
                          Spoiler:
                          Wow. I'm feeling distinctly unwelcome here these days. Wow. Also feel a bit like I've been b****slapped. Especially considering I, too, heard Amanda say in
                          Spoiler:
                          an interview that she didn't care if she had a relationship with a man or a woman in season 4, she just wanted one.

See ya.

sigh
                          Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I know exactly what I said; I don't need to be reminded, thank you very much. And there was no time frame given for the whole Sam is on maternity leave in Season 9 scenario, so I stand by what I said. Nobody suggested that this scenario took place at the end of Season 9, when it would be more logical for Sam to be on maternity leave. It was reasonable to assume that since Sam was on maternity leave, that it would be while AT was absent from the show, which was at the beginning of Season 9.
                            wow... oookay.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                              OT: Whoa
                              Spoiler:
                              Wow. I'm feeling distinctly unwelcome here these days. Wow. Also feel a bit like I've been b****slapped. Especially considering I, too, heard Amanda say in
                              Spoiler:
                              an interview that she didn't care if she had a relationship with a man or a woman in season 4, she just wanted one.

See ya.

sigh
                              Don't go!

Spoiler:
                              No one here should feel unwelcome. Some of us were brought up in a world where we were taught, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Others obviously weren't. This is a place for our love of S/J not for prejudice comments.

On topic:

I was talking to my mum today about Stargate, and I was talking about movie #3 and the possibility of confirmation, that will now not be happening and my mum (who is a shipper, even though she has no understanding of the word, or fandom in general) went "yeah others were always asking Sam how Jack was in the later episodes..."

I love how so ingrained their relationship is in her that she's convinced herself of this

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                                Don't go!

Spoiler:
                                No one here should feel unwelcome. Some of us were brought up in a world where we were taught, if you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all. Others obviously weren't. This is a place for our love of S/J not for prejudice comments.

On topic:

I was talking to my mum today about Stargate, and I was talking about movie #3 and the possibility of confirmation, that will now not be happening and my mum (who is a shipper, even though she has no understanding of the word, or fandom in general) went "yeah others were always asking Sam how Jack was in the later episodes..."

I love how so ingrained their relationship is in her that she's convinced herself of this
                                You have trained your mother well, Kate! Well done! My mom is still getting into the show in general... I'm wary of even trying to broach the topic of shipping (though when we were watching CotG, she did ask if Sam and Jack ended up together... asked of her own volition out of the blue. Big thing, coming from my mom. I had to give her the awkward answer of "they never really confirm it, but YES"). But yeah usually she hates the idea of ships-- in her opinion, no good tv show should have ships. Hence her preference for crime dramas

In my experience, moms are very insightful. So if they notice a ship, that speaks LOADS to the epicness of it

Comment

Working...
                                X