Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
    The studios are looking at specific content delivering initiatives. But how close they are to rolling one out, and how many of them are onboard with the initiative, remains to be seen. I can't speak in any detail about what my employeer is doing, which unfortunately, has nothing to do with Stargate, but it is making huge strides in initiatives that will deliver huge volumes of content electronically.

People don't want to wait for a dvd. They want instant accessibility and gratification.

Once MGM figures out how to deliver its content electronically and make a profit doing it, we'll see the movies.
    so you think *that's* the main way we'll be able to get our 3rd sg1 movie?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

The big box set of SG1 has all kinds of packaging and damaged DVD problems. I wouldn't waste the money.

On a food-for-thought note...did anyone read Joe's blog when Erika Kennair (VP of SyFy's original television programming) was answering questions? Her favorite SG-1 episodes are 200, WoO and Grace... We could guess until the cows come home WHY but I'm not sure we need to

I heard her speak on a panel at Comic Con and it was a real delight. She knows her stuff.

Good news on the MGM wanting to keep Stargate front but until they devise a way to deliver the content in a manner both profitable to them and the way the consumers want it, the movies won't move into production.
      DVD OT:
      Spoiler:
      I've had no trouble with my complete DVD set.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
        so you think *that's* the main way we'll be able to get our 3rd sg1 movie?
        Or the dvd market rebounds.

And I don't see that happening.

Or - MGM allows SyFy to finance the SG-1 movie (I think there are deals in place which prevent this) in exchange for giving the network the rights to air it. This agreement is/was in place for the SGA movie but SYFY has never had any control over SG-1 other than buying the rights to air it.
        sigpic
        Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

The studios are looking at specific content delivering initiatives. But how close they are to rolling one out, and how many of them are onboard with the initiative, remains to be seen. I can't speak in any detail about what my employeer is doing, which unfortunately, has nothing to do with Stargate, but it is making huge strides in initiatives that will deliver huge volumes of content electronically.

People don't want to wait for a dvd. They want instant accessibility and gratification.

Once MGM figures out how to deliver its content electronically and make a profit doing it, we'll see the movies.
          I'd be more than happy to pay for a download. I'm sure that other Stargate junkies would be happy to do the same.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could "choose your own adventure" for the new movies? They'd film several versions of the scenes and then you could choose what you wanted the characters would do, and that would be the movie that you see.

So:

Scene 1: "Hello, Carter."

"Hello, sir."

Choose which scene to see next:

Option 1: They go to fight a new threat from a Wraith who has figured out how to ascend. . . They travel via the 'Gate to another world in search of an Ancient who has figured out how to prolong his life in order to guard a weapon powerful enough to freeze ascended beings in place. The Ancient is a handsome young man who chooses to regain his mortal form in order to provide a new love interest for Sam Carter, who has moved on from her childish and ridiculous infatuation for her superior officer.

Option 2: They go to bed.

Hmmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.
          sigpic
          My Stories: FFdotNet
          My Stories AO3
          Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The big box set of SG1 has all kinds of packaging and damaged DVD problems. I wouldn't waste the money.

On a food-for-thought note...did anyone read Joe's blog when Erika Kennair (VP of SyFy's original television programming) was answering questions? Her favorite SG-1 episodes are 200, WoO and Grace... We could guess until the cows come home WHY but I'm not sure we need to

I heard her speak on a panel at Comic Con and it was a real delight. She knows her stuff.

Good news on the MGM wanting to keep Stargate front but until they devise a way to deliver the content in a manner both profitable to them and the way the consumers want it, the movies won't move into production.
            My 10 season set has no problems. My friends with it don't have any problems with the discs either. And for <$100 it's a bargain.
            sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by JackandSamAddict View Post
              DVD OT:
              Spoiler:
              I've had no trouble with my complete DVD set.
              SG-1 DVD Box set

Spoiler:
              The one with the DVD's slid into cardboard sleeves? There are multiple versions of a box set out there so want to make sure we're talking about the same one. I had to send mine back - twice because various DVD's wouldn't play. And then got a refund and bought them all separately.
              There's a thread about it somewhere on GW. A lot of people had trouble with it. The Gold one. I think there is a Black one as well which is ok.

Or maybe they fixed the problem? I dunno. This was a year and a half ago that I got it.

sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                Did everyone see the news on MGM on GW's main page:
                http://bit.ly/dvuA6y

It looks like we are going to get our movies!

I am very optimistic about this I am sure they will figure out something.. maybe they will do that plan B that was mentioned a while back whatever it is
                sigpic

Comment

SG-1 DVD Box set

Spoiler:
                  The one with the DVD's slid into cardboard sleeves? There are multiple versions of a box set out there so want to make sure we're talking about the same one. I had to send mine back - twice because various DVD's wouldn't play. And then got a refund and bought them all separately.
                  Spoiler:
                  That's the one I and 2 other friends have. No issues. Bought mine from Amazon for around $90.
                  sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

SG-1 DVD Box set

Spoiler:
                    There's a thread about it somewhere on GW. A lot of people had trouble with it. The Gold one. I think there is a Black one as well which is ok.

Or maybe they fixed the problem? I dunno. This was a year and a half ago that I got it.

Spoiler:
                    I've had mine for at least a couple of years. My box is a darker color (kind of goldish on the side) and they came in accordion like books with sleeves.

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                      2) I just watched 100 days again and although I don't have a big problem with Laira, I do with something else. Okay so I understand why Jack acted like he did when stuck on Edora, trying to move on as he didn't feel he had any choice. And Laira was nice and sweet and cared for him. But what I don't understand was how he didn't really react to her statement about him providing her with a child.

He was always very private about what happened with Charlie and his whole non-reaction (or if you must insist, his reaction of kissing her) seemed out of character to me. I kind of understand him not wanting to discuss it in the sense that with him actions always speak louder than words, but he didn't even flinch or seem surprised by her request. And the fact that his response was to kiss her, does that mean he wanted to give her a child?

Hope this makes sense.... shouldn't accept wine with my business lunches anymore...
                      I watched this again this afternoon while I was sewing on a quilt I'm making, and even though I've noticed it before, it sort of stuck out this time for whatever reason. And that is, that Laira chose the one night Jack had had a lot to drink to decide "this" was the right time to ask him to give her a child; and how convenient that Garen and his girlfriend were absent from the house. While Jack didn't seem to actually be "drunk", I'm thinking he'd had enough to drink that his judgment was clouded and his defenses were lowered, so he just didn't stop to think much before kissing Laira ... and then other stuff. Plus, there had been that whole blindfolding thing and being led straight to the woman the ancestors thought he should be with, even though normally Jack would never fall for something like that. I'm pretty sure the alcohol he'd consumed that night had quite a bit to do with his actions.

Comment

SG-1 DVD Box set

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                        I bought mine from amazon.com about 3 years ago. It came in a sort of gold/gilded looking box with a raised stargate on the outside, and an accordian-like folder inside and the DVDs each in the own individual slot. I've never had any problem with any of the DVDs, in spite of the fact they've been played umpteen dozen times or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          I watched this again this afternoon while I was sewing on a quilt I'm making, and even though I've noticed it before, it sort of stuck out this time for whatever reason. And that is, that Laira chose the one night Jack had had a lot to drink to decide "this" was the right time to ask him to give her a child; and how convenient that Garen and his girlfriend were absent from the house. While Jack didn't seem to actually be "drunk", I'm thinking he'd had enough to drink that his judgment was clouded and his defenses were lowered, so he just didn't stop to think much before kissing Laira ... and then other stuff. Plus, there had been that whole blindfolding thing and being led straight to the woman the ancestors thought he should be with, even though normally Jack would never fall for something like that. I'm pretty sure the alcohol he'd consumed that night had quite a bit to do with his actions.
                          I had never thought of that. But you are right. Jack had enough to drink the night before that he had a hangover the next morning. That would certainly indicate his judgment could have been impaired.

I never seriously disliked Laira, but now that you've made this point I'm beginning to rethink.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            I had never thought of that. But you are right. Jack had enough to drink the night before that he had a hangover the next morning. That would certainly indicate his judgment could have been impaired.

I never seriously disliked Laira, but now that you've made this point I'm beginning to rethink.
                            I'm guessing she had been drinking too and her own lowered inhibitions allowed her to ask a question that had been eating at her for a while. JMHO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                              I'd be more than happy to pay for a download. I'm sure that other Stargate junkies would be happy to do the same.

Wouldn't it be cool if you could "choose your own adventure" for the new movies? They'd film several versions of the scenes and then you could choose what you wanted the characters would do, and that would be the movie that you see.

So:

Scene 1: "Hello, Carter."

"Hello, sir."

Choose which scene to see next:

Option 1: They go to fight a new threat from a Wraith who has figured out how to ascend. . . They travel via the 'Gate to another world in search of an Ancient who has figured out how to prolong his life in order to guard a weapon powerful enough to freeze ascended beings in place. The Ancient is a handsome young man who chooses to regain his mortal form in order to provide a new love interest for Sam Carter, who has moved on from her childish and ridiculous infatuation for her superior officer.

Option 2: They go to bed.

Hmmmmmmmm. Decisions, decisions.
                              Option 2, Option 2, Option 2!!

And whoever chooses Option 1 should get smacked upside the head!

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                                I'm guessing she had been drinking too and her own lowered inhibitions allowed her to ask a question that had been eating at her for a while. JMHO.
                                But she'd sent her son away. It was premeditated.
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X