No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome. I just hope that the info is right. Ha!

And you can check out what Valenship was like here:

Valenship 2010
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Yes, Aka, your info is indeed correct!
      sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
        <snip>

Not yet, hopefully soon
        Thanks!
        Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        It's a day when people offer fic, vids, and art and other items that are Thanksgiving themed that have to do with our fave couple. I think. I've only been around for Valenship and for Ship Day. They're also putting together a Secret Santa for Shipmas.
        Exactly right. Though, as with Ship Day, Shipmas, and Valensip, all art is welcome, not just theme art. We want themed stuff, but we also love to see all sorts of stuff. Often we use the Shipbrations to bring out old favorites and show off all/much of our art. The main thing is that it's about Sam/Jack, though we do love to see all art, lol.

Mainly, it's just a gigantic party!!!!
        sigpic
        Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Pol is done!

LOL.
          And the little ficlet is all the better for your beta work.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6385611/2/Frustration
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
            And the little ficlet is all the better for your beta work.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6385611/2/Frustration
            Sweet! Thanks for that little bit o' happy!
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm back from my trip to the Emerald City!! I tried to log on last night, but couldn't connect... so here I am... catching up on 10 pages of S/J goodness before the premiere of Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                By Daniel. Slapped by Daniel. Ha ha ha.

I wonder what would have happened had he found her on his own. Or had she been vertical. I'm imagining running through a field as harp music plays and they meet in the middle and and and and

Oh great, now I'm splashing, too.
                Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                Somehow I can't imagine Sam and Jack doing that. Harp music doesn't fit with BDUs, mud and blood.

But I still would have liked to see it.
                Sure the harp would work... think running in slo-mo...

Comment

Due to SGU revealing in aftermath that
                  Spoiler:
                  the Lucian alliance was planning to attack earth
                  and in awakening
                  Spoiler:
                  that the attack was confirmed
                  I decide to look up a couple of Lucian alliance stories and the only I could find was this one. http://m.fanfiction.net/s/6101858/1/. I'm sure there are more that are S/J Related.

Comment

My late comment on all the "rewind" moments! I have rewinded many moments and re-watched, them... most of them were already listed!

I mainly like using the "pause" button. I'd pause a lot, especially when Jack was looking especially fine (which was often!) I'd pause and admire and wonder how Sam could resist!! I also have a "slow" button... so I'd pause, and then go forward very slowly.. especially nice with the shippy scenes!

Comment

OT: Trip to Emerald City, ie Seattle WA

Spoiler:
                      Went the the Sci-Fi Museum while I was in Seattle this past week. Lot of Star Trek and Star Wars, plus classic sci-fi memorabilia. However, I was very disappointed that there was NO mention of Stargate AT ALL!! Wrong, on so many levels!! The longest running Sci-fi series in history and no mention???

The one thing that did make me smile was my visit to the Seattle Art Museum. There is a huge metal sculpture on the outside with the letters S A M.

Comment

Hey guys! I have a question for a fanfic that I'm writing:
                        Spoiler:

The timeline for my fic is in Season 10, where, in this story, Sam and Jack are married, but obviously still working out the "long distance relationship thing". In my story, Jack doesn't have a house in Colorado anymore and is temporarily staying at and commanding the SGC for Landry. My question is, considering their incredibly honorable natures, do you think that Sam and Jack would have qualms about sleeping together while on base after they've tied the knot?

One part of me says that they'd be fine with it, as they are married and rarely see each other. As long as they continue to remain discreet, it wouldn't cause any problems. But the other part of me says that no, they'd remain in separate quarters, as long as they were still on base, to try to remain professional.

Personally, I lean toward the latter, but if so, it means I have to rewrite that chapter, since there's a really cute scene where Daniel knocks on Jack's door in the middle of the night and finds Sam in his bed.

I really like the scene, but my number one wish is to stay true to character. What do you guys think?
                        sigpic
                        The Return of King Arthur
                        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          Spoiler:

The timeline for my fic is in Season 10, where, in this story, Sam and Jack are married, but obviously still working out the "long distance relationship thing". In my story, Jack doesn't have a house in Colorado anymore and is temporarily staying at and commanding the SGC for Landry. My question is, considering their incredibly honorable natures, do you think that Sam and Jack would have qualms about sleeping together while on base after they've tied the knot?

One part of me says that they'd be fine with it, as they are married and rarely see each other. As long as they continue to remain discreet, it wouldn't cause any problems. But the other part of me says that no, they'd remain in separate quarters, as long as they were still on base, to try to remain professional.

Personally, I lean toward the latter, but if so, it means I have to rewrite that chapter, since there's a really cute scene where Daniel knocks on Jack's door in the middle of the night and finds Sam in his bed.

I really like the scene, but my number one wish is to stay true to character. What do you guys think?
                          Honestly, I think you could make both in character. As you said, they are married. Obviously, it seems you're going with the fact that no one knows they are married though. I wonder, does anyone know? Anyone that would be higher in command than Jack?

If you go with them sleeping together on base, you could have it that they've decided to just remain discreet, as you said. But if someone higher up knew and was okay with them, they probably would definately be fine with being together on base. In my mind, it's more a question of whether any one else would know and be fine with them. Because I think they'd have a much harder time of it with themselves if they were completely under the radar from everyone.

Otherwise, I'd go with them not sleeping together on base.

Unless you wanted them to stay at Sam's off base, and Daniel could have to go to her house and Daniel open the door.

Does that help?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            Spoiler:

Not spoilering 'cause it is S/J related.

I'd say it's perfectly fine for them to have shared married quarters. Hmmm...rethinking as I was thinking current timeline not back in S10. No, still, I'm good with the on-base shared housing. In fact, I don't think anyone would say anything at all. Jack would simply leave the control room and on his way out, thank Walter for taking care of his VOQ (Visiting Officer's Quarters) assignment and keying his card accordingly, acknowledging that Walter has, in an efficient and understated way, coded Jack's key to Carter's on-base housing.

Yup, not a problem. They're married (in your fic) and he's TAD (Temporary Assigned Duty) to the SGC.

My 2c.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Yeah, I agree with Pol, lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                                OT: Trip to Emerald City, ie Seattle WA

Spoiler:
                                Went the the Sci-Fi Museum while I was in Seattle this past week. Lot of Star Trek and Star Wars, plus classic sci-fi memorabilia. However, I was very disappointed that there was NO mention of Stargate AT ALL!! Wrong, on so many levels!! The longest running Sci-fi series in history and no mention???

The one thing that did make me smile was my visit to the Seattle Art Museum. There is a huge metal sculpture on the outside with the letters S A M.

Seattle OT
                                Spoiler:
                                My bro lives out near Seattle and last time I visited I went to both places you mentioned. The science museum had the original malp from the first film when I was there which was cool! I take it, its not there anymore? This was about 2 years ago though (I am a good sister, really, but living in another country makes it hard to visit frequently! )

Comment

Working...
                                X