This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
    She walks all over him and his feelings and only really does anything about it when it's convenient for HER, and when it isn't convenient, she's off pining about Jack. *grinds teeth* At least that's the way I read it.
    And to be fair, many s/j shippers also feel the same way... although approached from the other side, as it were.
    If anyone lurks on the shipper thread, then you've probably seen my posts about Sam/Pete... I don't *hate* that particular ship, but I do loathe what tptb have done with it... It's bound to end with one group of shippers unhappy, or else a really vague ending that everyone is going to take issue with!
    It's nearly enough to turn me *anti-shipper* to *all ships*... because I'd hate to see them tear apart a lively fanbase anymore than they already have with their 'ridiculous obsession with love!'
    Be it S/J love or S/P love...
    ETA: I don't want to drag you off topic, so I'll stop posting now with about 'the mistreatment of S/P ship' and let you guys get back to enjoying the good parts of it... just wanted to add my two cents... Sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar
      And to be fair, many s/j shippers also feel the same way... although approached from the other side, as it were.
      If anyone lurks on the shipper thread, then you've probably seen my posts about Sam/Pete... I don't *hate* that particular ship, but I do loathe what tptb have done with it... It's bound to end with one group of shippers unhappy, or else a really vague ending that everyone is going to take issue with!
      It's nearly enough to turn me *anti-shipper* to *all ships*... because I'd hate to see them tear apart a lively fanbase anymore than they already have with their 'ridiculous obsession with love!'
      Be it S/J love or S/P love...
      ETA: I don't want to drag you off topic, so I'll stop posting now with about 'the mistreatment of S/P ship' and let you guys get back to enjoying the good parts of it... just wanted to add my two cents... Sorry...

I agree..It's very sad that TPTB is messing with all fans S/P or S/J

I do feel sorry for Pete (he seems to be caught in the middle) although I don't think Sam is treating him badly ..She is trying to move on and see if she can love somebody else .We already know that Pete loves her dearly ...but I think she does not love him enough to spend the rest of her life with him (took 2 weeks to accept the engagement and has
      Spoiler:
      doubts in Threads
      ). Jack is still in her mind ...and she finds it hard to move on and let go ...which is sad ...but LOVE is a strong feeling ..and she'll decide for the best at the end I'm sure . Only her can do it (with TPTB's help of course).

I still think that TPTB should have introduced Pete as part of a sci-fi plot..to make the relationship a bit better to swallow ....for example introducing him in season 5 ..and make it progressive ..it was too rushed in season 7 to make it believable . and became a love triangle instead of a really good development for the Sam character. Shame it had to be a plot device ..didn't need to be one!!!!

Caty
      Last edited by Catysg1; 26 October 2004, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Oh believe me, we spend a lot of time griping about the mistreatment of Pete- both by Sam and by TPTB. It's probably one of the biggest issues in here.

As for lurking on the shipper thread, I try to make it a point not to go into threads where I know I'll get upset and possibly offended. And while I may have a lot of shipper friends, that speaks more of their tolerance than mine and there are many more- on BOTH sides- who are a lot more intolerant and I'd prefer not to deal with them- not the radical shippers, not the radical anti-shippers, not the radical ANYTHINGS.

But I digress. I think there's a certain amount of leeway on this thread and as long as you don't come in here spouting about how much you hate Sam/Pete or how we're wrong for liking it or "Eeewww, S/P ship! Run away! Run away!" I think you'll be OK.

Comment

I don't mind Sam and Pete either and I expressed that opinion in another thread and had rep points taken off me for it. Seems the people who don't mind the pairing are a minority so it's nice to have found this thread.

I love the character development we've had for Sam through her being with Pete. It's brought a different element to the show and given Amanda a lot more to work with and more chanced to show how talented she is. I don't see how that can be a bad thing really.

Lucy

Comment

Oh, I know all the reasons people hate Pete and the idea of Sam and Pete, but personally, I don't see it. I think Pete's a gfreat guy and I think he's been wonderful for Sam.

If anyone is to be blamed for any perceived destruction of the characters, it's the writers. I just don't get the sense that they really TRY to do any character development anymore. It's all about what's convenient for the plot, not what's good for the characters. Despite that, thought, I think Pete is good for Sam and I really like the pairing.

Welcome to the thread, Lucy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Oh, I know all the reasons people hate Pete and the idea of Sam and Pete, but personally, I don't see it. I think Pete's a gfreat guy and I think he's been wonderful for Sam.

If anyone is to be blamed for any perceived destruction of the characters, it's the writers. I just don't get the sense that they really TRY to do any character development anymore. It's all about what's convenient for the plot, not what's good for the characters. Despite that, thought, I think Pete is good for Sam and I really like the pairing.

Welcome to the thread, Lucy.
              Thanks for the welcome Shadow!

Lucy

Comment

Well, I for one am still a Sam/Pete shipper. I have been since the first moment I saw them together. Sam postively glowed around him... she was so happy. So... to bring this thread back up in style, I present... a really old vid of mine.

http://thealphasite.com/index2.php?i.../dance_of_love

I've got another Sam/Pete vid, but it was made immediately after I saw Threads for the first time, and I was a bit bitter (yeah, that's an understatment...)

But for now, I'm living safe in my little created universe where the entire back half of S8, from Good to be King on, was an AU that was "corrected" when Moebius ended, and until I see proof of the opposite... Jacob is still alive, and Sam and Pete are still very much in love with each other.

(Thanks, Shadow, for pointing this thread out to me)
                ~bri~

Comment

Originally posted by brihana25
                  Well, I for one am still a Sam/Pete shipper. I have been since the first moment I saw them together. Sam postively glowed around him... she was so happy. So... to bring this thread back up in style, I present... a really old vid of mine.

http://thealphasite.com/index2.php?i.../dance_of_love

I've got another Sam/Pete vid, but it was made immediately after I saw Threads for the first time, and I was a bit bitter (yeah, that's an understatment...)

But for now, I'm living safe in my little created universe where the entire back half of S8, from Good to be King on, was an AU that was "corrected" when Moebius ended, and until I see proof of the opposite... Jacob is still alive, and Sam and Pete are still very much in love with each other.

(Thanks, Shadow, for pointing this thread out to me)
                  The vid is lovely.

I thought they were terribly cute together and I was irritated that he was just a plot point. I wasn't in online SG fandom when I saw the first Pete episodes so I had no idea of the curfuffle he'd cause or that anyone would dislike the relationship.
                  I'm not interested in romance on the show in any form but DDL is terribly cute and he and AT had loads of chemistry together, she seemed to really enjoy acting with him.

FF
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X