Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David has been appearing in a lot of commercials. Always when I see him I know it's going to be something worth watching and, often, funny.

Comment

hey, I'm happy with anything that gets her away from O'Niell.
      The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Can I vent here about how much I despise all the people currently bashing the hell out of Pete? I've added more people to my ignore list tonight just for their spiteful "Pete should die" sentiments... Grrrrrr...

Why the hell can't people grow up??

I like Pete and anyone who has a problem with that can go **** themselves.

Grow up. The poor bast*** isn't the anticrhist, although a lot of fans certainly seem to think he is.

Someone comfort me. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes Pete. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Pete is miles better for Sam than Jack is and that if Sam & Pete got married it wouldn't be a bad thing. *sniff*

I'm not even going to discuss the atrocities TPTB are going to visit on the character. The fans are depressing and nasty enough on their own.

Comment

Well can I say that I certainly don't think that Pete is the Anti-Christ and that I don't think that he should die in any way, horrible or not? Also that I totally agree that the Pete-bashing has gotten completely out of hand and IMO very very disturbing. I would suggest that you and other pro-Pete'ers just keep posting how much you love Pete and that you would like to keep seeing him or even tell some of the more violent anti-Pete people that you are disturbed by their posts. I know that I myself have done that and some of them, when they realized that it was disturbing to others, toned down their posts quite considerably.

The fact that I'm writing this despite the fact that I have problems with the Pete character ( I don't hate him I just have issues with Chimera) should just go to show how disturbed I am by the violent turn this all has taken. I'm sorry that you've been made to feel this way and I hope that I've made you feel even a little bit better. And I hope that it doesn't bother anyone that I'm posting here.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Someone comfort me. Tell me I'm not the only one who likes Pete. Tell me I'm not the only one who thinks Pete is miles better for Sam than Jack is and that if Sam & Pete got married it wouldn't be a bad thing. *sniff*
            I like Pete. I think he's way better for Sam than Jack.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
              I like Pete. I think he's way better for Sam than Jack.
              Me too.

Comment

I completely agree as well - he makes her happy, she is able to be herself around him, they are equals, what's not to like?

I don't want them to spend whole episodes on anyone's love-life, even Teal'c's , but I would be very happy to see Pete again, and know that since Sam wants somebody in her life, she has him.

SallyK

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
                  hey, I'm happy with anything that gets her away from O'Niell.
                  perfectly said....
                  Mary the Badger
                  "O'Neill is legendary." Loki
                  "Fire all weapons... sink the ship!" MtB

Comment

I don't think that my comment will be of much comfort to you unfortunately. I certainly agree with you that Pete and Sam make a much better couple than Jack and Sam. Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.

Ali P

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                      Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.
                      I would know how to take good care of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ali888
                        Unfortunately, after seeing the second half of Season 7, I think that Pete deserves someone much better than Sam.
                        Ali P
                        I've felt exactly that way about Jack... he deserves someone much better for him than Sam... someone who respects him, who understands who he is (her remark to Teal'c about 'the way of the warrior crap' is a perfect example) and isn't, who has the emotional complexity to deal with a man who has baggage (guilt over the death of his son that is still in the forefront of his thoughts after six years, as stated in ep Unnatural Selection); who doesn't think he's lazy (The Light) and stupid (Redemption).......
                        He loves fishing, quiet and the simple life; she loves science....
                        once they crawled out of the sack, they'd have nothing in common...
                        So, yay, go for it, Pete!
                        (Besides, I don't want Jack dead. Everyone else, including Jack in the AUs, ended up dead...)
                        Sam and Pete..... anything to keep her away from Jack.......
                        Mary the Badger
                        "O'Neill is legendary." Loki
                        "Fire all weapons... sink the ship!" MtB

Comment

Sam and Pete..... anything to keep her away from Jack.......
                          hee! I think you might be the first person to put out this particular argument.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Thanks to Shadow for reminding me about this thread. Just want to add my $0.02 US.

I was really surprised at all the "stalker Pete" business. I can understand the S/J or S/? shippers disagreeing with the storyline, but a stalker? Jeez...I *expected* him from the start to do a background check, but maybe that's just my personal experience with law enforcement speaking. I had an issue with the reveal at the end, but SG has grown from the days when they couldn't tell Jacob anything. We've had motherships blow up overhead and who else could threaten Pete with the power to wipe his existence from the face of the Earth and send him to live in the Land of the Light? Not that I'm suggesting that...

Anyway, who knows how it'll play out. It's obvious that TPTB and the cast have been affected by the fan response. I'm glad they're not apologizing for it.
                            Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                            O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                            - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                            - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                            once done, cannot be undone...
                            brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I still say if TPTB expect us to take Pete seriously and if they honestly want us to think good thoughts about him then they shouldn't keep mentioning "Stalker" Pete. I'm sure they MEAN it as a joke, but all it does is justify the nagative viewpoint and make it seem as if they aren't taking him seriously and/or consider him to be the b*stard certain groups think he is.

Comment

It's clearly just a joke, this "stalker Pete" thing. Anyone who imagines that a background check initiated by some very odd behaviour and one single incident of following the odd-behavoiur-person in order to ascertain that person's safety... well, on the plus side, if anyone does seriously believe the label at least that's one person who hasn't experienced the nightmare of what a real stalker is like

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                                X