Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Sam/Jack-Shipper, have been since Season 2, but I really like Pete. I like seeing him and Sam together. I think he's good for her and she deserves to be happy. And I wrote a nice e-mail to David. So there.

Just to let you know not every Shipper out there is a raving lunatic who wants to see Pete die a painful death. I can't wait for Affinity, the pictures look great.

More Pete! :-)

In a world that seems to be increasing in conformity
    it's harder and harder to be who you wanna be
    It takes a lot of courage to stand up and get what you need
    And lots of us are happy in a different kind of family

Comment

is any one interested in checking out my david deluise website? email me @ [email protected] unless im aloud to post it here im not sure im still kinda new

> Kelli

Comment

Spoilers for Affinity

Spoiler:
        I am not a Sam/Pete shipper I am also not Jack/Sam shipper, but I am more an anti Jack/Sam shipper than an actual shipper for anyone. I will personally be very mad if Pete and Sam don’t get married because her and Jack get together
        Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Then prepare to be very mad, Vala.

Sorry, but whatever story TPTB try to spin for us now, I still firmly believe that Pete is doomed to be utterly gutted by Sam. In a non-physical way, thank you. I think she's going to reject him eventually and leave a crushed and broken shell on the side of the road somewhere while she goes prancing off with her Darlingest Jack.

I hate that. I hate that kind of shallow, trite, moronic storytelling so much I can TASTE it, but I have an unpleasant feeling that's exactly what's going to happen. Much as I love Pete, I think he's doomed to be cast aside like so many other great characters in Stargate-dom.

Sam doesn't deserve someone as good as Pete.
          Pete definitely deserves someone better than Sam.

But when you get right down to it, whatever self-gratifying manipulations TPTB subject us to, deep down I still love Sam and Pete as a couple.

Comment

Just wanted to add my support to the Sam/Pete pairing.

Now that's chemistry! They sparkle.

That said, I doubt think there is any chance at all for him and Sam. TPTB have pretty much promised a Jack/Sam ending or at least a fishing invitation.

Too bad, 'cause they will be wasting a pretty good pairing to go with the predictable and boring.
            Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Sam doesn't deserve someone as good as Pete.
              Pete definitely deserves someone better than Sam.
              I agree with everything else you said but can you explan your reasons behind this statement?
              Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                I agree with everything else you said but can you explan your reasons behind this statement?
                Sam doesn't deserve Pete because from the way I look at it, he's a warm, sensitive and very loving person who genuinely cares about and loves Sam for who and what she is. He accepts her.

Pete doesn't deserve Sam because she doesn't love him back. She's still hung up on Jack and I have a very sad suspicion that she's eventually going to dump him because of Jack. The way I see it, she's USING him, and not in a very kind way. I think Pete deserves someone who will genuinely care about and love him for who and what HE is and not because of who/what he isn't. He deserves to be accepted by someone who wants Pete, not someone looking for a quick (and likely temporary) Jack substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Sorry, but whatever story TPTB try to spin for us now, I still firmly believe that Pete is doomed to be utterly gutted by Sam. In a non-physical way, thank you. I think she's going to reject him eventually and leave a crushed and broken shell on the side of the road somewhere while she goes prancing off with her Darlingest Jack.
                  I’m pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head. I love Pete and feel sorry for the guy even if he is fictional. Fictional characters have feelings, too. I like them as a pairing, but I still want it kept off screen as much as possible when it comes to the boyfriend/girlfriend stuff. Pete the cop is nice, but still don’t won’t a lot of him either.

Anyway, back to him and Sam. The man has the patience of Job so he must really love her since he’s held on this long even after those two little weeks of avoidance. She is going to break his heart in the end. {EDIT} (Actually, I blame the PTB for Pete's torment because I still like Sam. "I'm not bad, I'm just written that way."){EDIT} Hopefully he won't take it personally, but he's only human so I don't know how he couldn't. I think the song Whiskey Lullaby sung by Brad Paisley with Alison Krauss best sums up how badly I think this relationship is going to/could end. I love the song, btw.

She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
                  She broke his heart, he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
                  We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
                  But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind

The rest of the sad lyrics are on the link.
                  Last edited by LoneStar1836; 01 October 2004, 12:07 AM. Reason: clarification
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

Man, I loved Pete before I even saw him onscreen. I liked the concept of Sam being happy with a great guy, and I like David Deluise. Having said that, I still think any romantic relationships the characters have should be put on the backburner, plot-wise. Unless it's a wedding. Between Pete and Sam. Because that would be sweet.
                    Being morally flexible comes in handy.

Comment

Can someone tell me what TPTB means? it's mentioned all the way through this thread in it confuses the hell outta me.
                      "It's going to look pretty good, then, isn't it," said War testily, "the One Horseman and Three Pedestrians of the Apocralypse."

Comment

Originally posted by Random
                        Can someone tell me what TPTB means? it's mentioned all the way through this thread in it confuses the hell outta me.

TPTB=The Powers that Be
                        Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

The Powers That Be = writers, directors, (executive) producers, studio execs...

Madeleine

Comment

Yay! Also a thread I like. Sam/Pete is the best. I always though Sam had the most chemistry with Martouf or Daniel but Pete has been the one that has really made her smile. )
                            I loved Grace and then Chimera where it was clear how she really felt. I hope for the best for these two, even if I really really want to see more scifi than romance...but still. ))
                            Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836
                              I’m pretty sure you have hit the nail on the head.
                              <snip>
                              Anyway, back to him and Sam. The man has the patience of Job so he must really love her since he’s held on this long even after those two little weeks of avoidance. She is going to break his heart in the end. {EDIT} (Actually, I blame the PTB for Pete's torment because I still like Sam. "I'm not bad, I'm just written that way."){EDIT} Hopefully he won't take it personally, but he's only human so I don't know how he couldn't.
                              Yep. I agree with you. I didn't like Pete very much in Chimera but revised my opinion after Affinity. He's become a very, very 'nice bloke.' And Sam's character will lose respect (mine included) if she ditches him for no reason other than 'she's still in love with Jack...'
                              Bad writing.

Comment

I've already lost quite a bit of respect for Sam over the whole Pete thing. She treats him like crap. He doesn't deserve that. She walks all over him and his feelings and only really does anything about it when it's convenient for HER, and when it isn't convenient, she's off pining about Jack. *grinds teeth* At least that's the way I read it.

Poor, poor Pete...

Comment

Working...
                                X