No announcement yet.

Jack O'Neill/ Sam Carter - Part of a team, not a ship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After thinking a little bit about it I have found my solution for this problem. It´s almost too easy.The new episodes will air first in UK, is this right?
    Then I must only go online to know how shippy this episodes are and if there is too much I will skip it. And my personal stargate universe will stay ship free! Good bye "Threads"... I think we will never meet...
    Last edited by Hathor999; 26 November 2004, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Fie on you, you scoundrel Hathor 999!

Making us your guinea pigs

Madeleine

Comment

The more I read about Threads, the more I think the stuff at the SGC may not be real. I assume anyone reading spoiler threads has already seen a few of the theories floating around, so I won't bring spoilers here. But I'm starting to wonder.

If they ARE real, then ship may not even be our biggest problem, b/c I'm seeing logic gaps that are just... huh?
        The Hathor Legacy: What TV and Film are Really Saying about Women.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

Comment

Originally posted by Beta Candy
            The more I read about Threads, the more I think the stuff at the SGC may not be real. I assume anyone reading spoiler threads has already seen a few of the theories floating around, so I won't bring spoilers here. But I'm starting to wonder.

If they ARE real, then ship may not even be our biggest problem, b/c I'm seeing logic gaps that are just... huh?
            Hmmm... ship or logic gaps? I don't know which one makes me more ill.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W

But...but...this is one of the reasons I so love our Stargate Sisteren and Bretheren across the Atlantic. You guys get the gag factor first with the second half of the season. It worked out pretty well for me in S7.
              Webbgirl
              Keeper of Major Davis' Office Supplies

Webbgirl's Hangouts
              My Livejournal

Comment

Ooo! Yay! That means I can be evil too! Muhahahaha!

I never thought of doing that... usually I shy away from the spoilers posted by people who have already seen the episode being that they are too spoiler-ish.

Wow... that made no sense...
                Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Okey dokey. Second half of s8, if no one else has already done it, I'll come in here and post the shipping forecast, complete with gale warnings.

Madeleine

Comment

Let's just hope it's nothing like this.

Tonight's unexpected hurricane literally flattened the small town of Jackson.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

LOL <=== decidedly nervous laughter.

Madeleine

Comment

BTW, ROFL at your siggy. Naquadah enhanced hair gel. Could help prevent me from pulling a massive, dangerous POOFY next time I go out dancing.

My Stargate Fanfiction

Comment

Bumping this up to rant more fully on Gemini.
                          Spoiler:
                          Granted, I haven't seen the episode, but from what I've read,
                          Spoiler:
                          RC (who has Sam's memories and feelings) shoots Daniel in a dream sequence without batting a single eyelash, but she hesitates with Jack? And, this is supposed to be so romantic, and just prove how much she loves Sir? All it proves to me is, if we're supposed to believe any of it has any relation to the real Sam, Sam's a selfish, narrowminded, tunnel visioned hussy who only cares about the guy she's got a crush on. Would the real Sam shoot Daniel for no reason? Part of me wants to say no, but seeing what tptb seem to think is necessary to show "love" I'm not so sure. But, lets just go with that. Even if that exact scenario wouldn't have come out, it's still pretty much saying that in a lesser circumstance, Sam could hurt (be it physically, emotionally, or whatever) Daniel, but she couldn't with Jack. And, take Daniel out and put Teal'c in, and I'm sure the result would be the same.
                          And, for the cries of, "but she's in love with Jack! It's different" (fortunately, not one I'm likely to run across in this oasis) I say bull! I confess I'm a Daniel/Janet shipper (fanfiction. Ain't it grand?) and I would never in a billion years imagine Janet treating Daniel with the utmost care, and then looking at the other members of SG1 and saying, "to heck with them. If they die, they die, my sweetie is more important." Crichton and Aeryn on Farscape? A very shippy couple, but they managed to do it without making it seem like they only cared for each other. They could be in love without making it seem like the other members of their surrogate family (which I thought SG1 was) were less important. But, again, Farscape ran circles, rectangles, and did the hokey pokey around Stargate when it came to writing ship that wasn't stupid, idiotic, unrealistic, vomit inducing, makes you want to beg for a sharp stick to poke your own eyes out so you can be put out of your misery. My brother is married, and I'm sure he loves his wife in a way that is different from the way he loves anyone, and I still know he loves me just as much, and his heart didn't narrow to include his wife, it expanded.

Is this really what tptb think is romantic? Is it really how they see love? Thank goodness I have other examples in real life and in fiction.
                          Last edited by Dani347; 15 December 2004, 09:09 AM.
                          I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Spoiler for Gemini

If it makes you feel any better I pretty much agree with you.

Spoiler:
                            I find that scene to be really disturbing. I tell myself that it was RC and that, of course, Sam wouldn't shoot any of her teamates in real life. RC is evil Sam is not. But it still disturbs me that it's what she would choose to show to Sam to get her to believe that RC has really betrayed Fifth. I really don't think that Sam would harm any of her friends for Jack's sake and I don't like that the writers made that open for interpretation.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Dani please include some spoiler warnings for that.

I haven't seen the ep yet, but from what little I hear (mostly just that the shippers and antishippers are b****ing loudly in the ep discussion thread and swamping out any attempts at actual discussion of the ep) it sounds like something I'll be happy to skip.

I miss the days when Stargate used to be about actual stories with real plots and characters more concerned with the action than with GETTING some action. *sogh*

Comment

To be honest Shadow, I'm a shipper and I didn't find it that overt. The only really 'ship' moment was that
                                Spoiler:
                                shooting scene.
                                The thing was, I was actually more upset about her
                                Spoiler:
                                killing Daniel so brutally. You could argue (and I would, because I agree with Shipperahoy here that it's a disturbing reflection on Sam's character if not) that it was the cumulative effect of killing Daniel from afar and then being faced with Jack that caused the hesitation. A kind of 'oh, god, what have I done? I can't do that again!' moment rather than, 'oh, I can't shoot *him* because he's Jack. I think if their positioning had been different then it would have been the same the opposite way round.

That doesn't mean I didn't find it shippy, but that was for different reasons (pete related), and that belongs on a different thread.
                                Overall it was a good 'action' ep.
                                Spoiler:
                                RC taking on the guys in the alpha site 'gate-room was great to see. AT must have loved filming those fight scenes!

Above all, I got the feeling it was a plot advancing ep, taking the story somewhere it needs to go.
                                Don't let the ship/anti-ship arguments put you off what I think was one of the best eps of the season yet!

ETA:
                                Spoiler:
                                It was Daniel light, but his absence was explained and will probably made up for by Promtheus Unbound.

Comment

Working...
                                X