X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by walter_MacChevron
    I am VERY proud of my user name!
    Hehe is cool!!

Hehe yeah SueKay i love that scene too its hilarious!!! Hmm I might go watch End Game again...

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
      Hehe yeah SueKay i love that scene too its hilarious!!! Hmm I might go watch End Game again...
      I remember someone asked a question about that on 'Galaxy' and Gary said that it was a second take...
      ...OK after a bit of searching I found the original thread and answer... (here)

Originally posted by waha (Gary Jones, to those not in the Loop)
      that scene you spoke about with the stargate being stlen, that was such a fun scene to do but it's not the scene you eventually saw on telly. the original rough version was full of slapstick. scott owen, the other techie, was a total numpty, banging his head into over-hanging monitors, etc.

the version you saw was a re-shoot. they toned it down. still funny but not as over the top as before. and by the way, i just saw the cast list for the first two eps and scott is back as a techie. he's a great guy and comes from the same improv background as me. we've worked together loads. i'm happy that he got another ep out of that previous appearance.
      Oh I really wanna see that original version!
      Last edited by Whistler; 10 April 2005, 01:24 PM.

Comment

OMG I really love that guy!! HEE! AND HE'S BACK!!!

And I wanna see the slapstick version too LMAO!!

Comment

I was thinking, for some odd reason, that our dear friend and hero, Chevron Guy, was played by the same guy (albeit in a much older guise) as Radar in MASH. Now when I thought about it I realised hang on, got my doubts about that. But I checked it out. Anyway I found out that Chevron Guy would have been 12 when MASH was made, so that theory got a quick boot out the window. But then something spooky happened: I discovered that Radar and Chevron Guy both share the same first name (Walter). *Cue Twilight Zone music*. So I have decided that on some cosmic level the two men are linked.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber
            I was thinking, for some odd reason, that our dear friend and hero, Chevron Guy, was played by the same guy (albeit in a much older guise) as Radar in MASH. Now when I thought about it I realised hang on, got my doubts about that. But I checked it out. Anyway I found out that Chevron Guy would have been 12 when MASH was made, so that theory got a quick boot out the window. But then something spooky happened: I discovered that Radar and Chevron Guy both share the same first name (Walter). *Cue Twilight Zone music*. So I have decided that on some cosmic level the two men are linked.
            Yeah, although I've never seen Mash myself, I remember Gary saying that the producers had been making Walter from Stargate more like Walter from Mash, making him appear out of nowhere and stuff.

Comment

I think that was the joke... People kept noticing how Radar and Chevron Guy were very similar so that's where the joke of O'Neill calling him Walter came from. Supposedly, O'Neill called Chevron Guy the wrong name. His name WASN'T meant to be Walter but Gary Jones nodded when O'Neill called him that so it stuck. So now Walter is an hommage to Radar O'Riley

But...Walter is way better
              May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Well there you go. Nothing spooky about it. Bugger. Oh well... it's cool that there's a real connection there!

Comment

I've renovated the Gary Jones Official Website so I hope you like it. I will soon be adding the Gallery section.

I have also added the site to the Top 50 SG-1 Sites lists, and you can find the banner to click on in the Contact section. Whenever you visit the site, please take a second to click this link and help the site get to the top.

Comment

interesting.....overall he's been in more episodes than apophis and he still wasn't given a name until Season 3 of something!

em.........what was his name again?

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Grey_Lass
                      interesting.....overall he's been in more episodes than apophis and he still wasn't given a name until Season 3 of something!

Heheh Walter Harriman

It's time for 'Gaters to stop being newbish and start worshipping the Walter, the REAL hero, the real man behind the gate travel.
                      May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Originally posted by Little_Grey_Lass

If this show keeps going he could end up being in more episodes than General Hammond! (That would make it some time in Season 13, but that's not out of reach! )

So who do you guys prefer, the comedy Walter from "Heroes" or the subtle comedy of "Endgame"?

Comment

I posted a Question at Galaxy which I've been wondering about for a long time...

Originally posted by Whistler
                          Hi Jonesy!

It might seem a silly question, but how many of the sounds we hear coming from the Gate dialing up are actually there, or are they placed on afterwards? Does it really make all that noise? Also, do you have any control over the Computers you are seen using, or is that all out of your control?

Thanks!
                          Originally posted by waha
                          whistler:
                          cool questions. well, the gate does work. okay, works in that it turns. (you can't actually go through to other dimensions, just to be clear). but the huge metal ring does turn and it makes a loud scraping noise. but they never record that as they dial it up. that's all pre-recorded and just synched up each time with the visual of the gate turning. that way, you get a consistent familiar sound every time, something avid stargate fans would demand, i'm sure.

and i HAVE NO CONTROL over the computers that i "operate." the monitors work but they are controlled from a tiny room off the hallway just outside of the control room. it's run by this small guy who looks like a skateboard punk. you know, ballcap and big, baggy jeans and he's a genius at this stuff. the programs are designed somewhere else but he runs them. in the control room, the keyboards aren't even hooked up to the monitors. and if you ever see a scene where the person has to type something on screen, it's all pre-recorded and then played while the actor pretends to type. nothing is left to chance.

well, i guess the only thing left to chance is my acting.
                          jonesy
                          Fun!!

Comment

Originally posted by stargatesg1uk
                            I've renovated the Gary Jones Official Website so I hope you like it. I will soon be adding the Gallery section.

I have also added the site to the Top 50 SG-1 Sites lists, and you can find the banner to click on in the Contact section. Whenever you visit the site, please take a second to click this link and help the site get to the top.
                            Love the new site stargatesg1uk!!

Love Jonesy's message too!! Lol...personal massages....*giggles*

You think you could get him to come visit us some time!? PLEAASE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel of Fire SG1
                              Love the new site stargatesg1uk!!

Love Jonesy's message too!! Lol...personal massages....*giggles*

You think you could get him to come visit us some time!? PLEAASE!!
                              That would be sooo cool!

GARY JONES IS OUR HERO!

Comment

Omg, dont let this dieeeeeee - GARY FOR PRESIDENT

Comment

Working...
                                X